Demo - First Necromorph

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Space 3
  3. Demo - First Necromorph
3 years ago#1
Did you jump, just a little, just a little when you encountered the first necromorph in the demo? The one that comes out of the fog/from the bridge, whatever it was.
GT: NATHAN245 - Nintendo 3DS FC - ( NATHAN245) 3024-5111-1194 - Pokemon B2 FC - (N) 4470 9997 1066
3 years ago#2
Actually I did! Really wasn't expecting it at all. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if Dead Space 3 didn't make me jump at all. I just love these types of games.
Currently playing Army of Two. Waiting for Dead Space 3, Gears of War Judgement, Bioshock Infinite, Army of Two Devils Cartel & Splinter Cell Blacklist
3 years ago#3
Yeah, I wasn't expecting it either haha.
GT: NATHAN245 - Nintendo 3DS FC - ( NATHAN245) 3024-5111-1194 - Pokemon B2 FC - (N) 4470 9997 1066
3 years ago#4
Yeah. I did a little bit. When my friend was playing though he didn't jump, until one he thought to be dead appeared through the blinding snow out of no where.
you want mother in america? don't you know? it doesn't exist.
3 years ago#5
I didn't jump, the music was really nice though and it set the scene.
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.
3 years ago#6
I didn't jump - but only because at this point - I approach every horror game as if something will pop out at any time. =P
Jill Valentine > You
3 years ago#7
Darque posted...
I didn't jump - but only because at this point - I approach every horror game as if something will pop out at any time. =P

Yup. When it comes to Dead Space, I've always been on guard for random 'jump scare' surprises.
GT - The Grunge Guy
3 years ago#8
BigLongDowner posted...
Darque posted...

Yup. When it comes to Dead Space, I've always been on guard for random 'jump scare' surprises.

Same here, it's the same with horror movies and survival horror games in general.
3 years ago#9
I kinda tricked myself with it. I approached with my gun raised, but nothing happened, so I lowered it and started running in. THEN he came in. XD That was a quick spin around.
^( ' ' )^
3 years ago#10
Megawizard posted...
I kinda tricked myself with it. I approached with my gun raised, but nothing happened, so I lowered it and started running in. THEN he came in. XD That was a quick spin around.

I was thinking about this kind of situation earlier. Good horror movies make the viewer do that. You expect a jump-scare and then nothing happens. When the viewer lets their guard down that is when the jump-scare occurs.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Space 3
  3. Demo - First Necromorph

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Is it dead space?zadoku15/24 10:11AM