This is what you're calling a "crap ending"?

#1DuderinooPosted 1/30/2013 11:21:23 AM
http://slumz.boxden.com/f13/spoilers-full-dead-space-3-ending-1876935/
Are you f****ing kidding me?
This is what counts for a crap ending nowadays? It was a bit rushed I admit, but no less rushed than Dead Space 2's ending, that's for sure. Not to mention this is taken entirely out of context, where we know pretty much nothing about the plot.

I've seriously begun to think that gamers like to whinge for the sake of whinging. F***'s sake, why do we have to act like such petulant babies? Why do I never see movie or TV fans acting this childish?
#2demonfire922010Posted 1/30/2013 11:26:05 AM
Duderinoo posted...
This is what counts for a crap ending nowadays? It was a bit rushed I admit, but no less rushed than Dead Space 2's ending, that's for sure. Not to mention this is taken entirely out of context, where we know pretty much nothing about the plot.

I've seriously begun to think that gamers like to whinge for the sake of whinging. F***'s sake, why do we have to act like such petulant babies? Why do I never see movie or TV fans acting this childish?

Go watch the ME3 destroy ending breath scene and tell me that the ending doesn't seem a little to close to being the same.
#3SandalFuryPosted 1/30/2013 11:32:00 AM
Serious question: Is "whinge" a real word, or can people just not spell anymore?
---
Headshot. Apply THAT directly to the forehead.
#4demonfire922010Posted 1/30/2013 11:33:09 AM
SandalFury posted...
Serious question: Is "whinge" a real word, or can people just not spell anymore?

Pretty sure it's the latter of the two.
#5NYguard4lifePosted 1/30/2013 11:35:45 AM
I agree I enjoy the ending, well as much as I can without "the context" of playing the whole game. I feel you get just enough closure but at the same time still leaving the possibility of Isaac's survival in a future installment. Again I still need to play the whole game to give a definitive answer but so far not bad.
#6ZombiDeadZombiPosted 1/30/2013 11:37:44 AM
SandalFury posted...

It's a real word, and it's a form of whining.

Well it IS whining, but it's done in a certain way.
#7ZignoffPosted 1/30/2013 11:50:05 AM
It's a cliche crap ending, you can tell they just didn't care.

Making a good ending, the full, conclusive and you know, not a kick in the genitals lazy, is very hard, it takes time and effort, but if you don't at least try and make an effort out of it, then you get backlash from it.

Stories in games are nowadays finding it way to easy to justify these lazy endings, and they are becoming insanely cliche, in fact endings are now becoming ranked into 3 types.

The Disney Blue birds crapping rainbows, they lived happily ever after ending.

The Cliche heroic, Bitter sweet ending, which in general goes against almost everything of the characters, the lore, the story, and how it should have ended.

and THE END ending, this is also becoming common. HEY we beat the last guy, HEY,, *Say a few lines of dialogue that mean little* THE END roll credits.

These are becoming far to common in a product that talks about having such genius writers nowadays, I find it amazing that none of them can come up with a conclusion that fits, and leaves people feeling complete and good about the destination or the journey.

And please don't do that whole it's not about the destination it's about the journey crap, cause it's a failed logic, and needs to die horribly There would not be a journey without it, and it would not have been made without the destination being worth it. It's a crock to think otherwise, and it's just an excuse for developers and storywriters to be lazy.
---
Here comes a New Web Comic for gamers, BY a gamer, Critique is welcomed as long as you are positive about it.
http://hatetheplayer.thewebcomic.com/
#8Doubleglock18Posted 1/30/2013 12:19:50 PM
i didn't really read your post TC for the sake of avoiding specific spoilers of any kind, but what would you rate the ending out of 10 (10 being perfect, 0 being terrible) no spoilers plz.
---
Colt 45 and two zig-zags, Baby that's all we need
We can go to the park, after dark, smoke that tumbleweed!
#9N7Spectre707Posted 1/30/2013 12:41:21 PM
demonfire922010 posted...
Duderinoo posted...

Go watch the ME3 destroy ending breath scene and tell me that the ending doesn't seem a little to close to being the same.

If you really think that scene had anything to do with why the ME3 ending was horrible, you weren't paying attention at all during that entire scenario.

These "after-the-credits- scenes are almost standard now. They are cliche, and they were in plenty of games before Dead Space 3 and ME3, and will be in plenty more afterwards.

That being said, this ending doesn't seem to even remotely resemble the narrative mess that was the ending from ME3. Of course, like was brought up earlier, this leak is completely taken out of context. We don't know anything about the build up to this point, and that can have an influence on the narrative impact of the ending.

I'm gonna say the ending seems cliche overall, but nothing to get worked up about.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#10Drizzy_DrizakePosted 1/30/2013 12:49:39 PM
I understand that with games like Dead Space and Mass Effect where you've created a pretty massive world it can be very difficult to wrap things up in a way that will really feel satisfying. So I can forgive if the ending isn't all that great, but only if it actually feels like they genuinely tried to make a great ending and failed. These kind of endings don't feel like that at all. It feels like the writers got really bored and just gave up at the end/
---
I guess I prefer spasms about my voice to spasms about my ass - Karu