So Anyone Have Any idea What Exactly Retro Mode is?

#1darkleoxPosted 2/2/2013 9:47:42 PM(edited)
the game says that if you beat hardcore mode (AKA the mode where you need to beat the game without dying) you unlock retro mode...

meaby its a mode where the game visuals are like a 8 16 or 32 bit game...or meaby its a mode where the camera is not behind the player but fixed like Resident Evil

and no that's not the mode where you play the game like in Dead Space 1 because that mode is classic mode

Sorry For Any Display of Bad English
#2N7Spectre707Posted 2/2/2013 9:22:13 PM
My guess is downgraded visuals.

That camera idea would be nice but I seriously doubt it's that.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#3HykCraftPosted 2/2/2013 9:37:39 PM
It means classic aim and other gameplay stuff from DS1.
---
www.twitch.tv/hykcraft
#4miniomega7Posted 2/2/2013 9:41:21 PM
HykCraft posted...

You are confusing classic mode with retro mode. You unlock classic mode by beating the game once, but to unlock retro mode you must beat Hardcore.

What retro mode actually entails is unknown right now (at least to me).
#5guildclawsPosted 2/2/2013 10:04:29 PM(edited)
N7Spectre707 posted...

Yup, just tried it, they just downgraded the colors and visuals, the graphics and gameplay are still the same though
#6N7Spectre707Posted 2/2/2013 10:05:31 PM
guildclaws posted...
N7Spectre707 posted...

Yup, just tried it, they just downgraded the colors and visuals, the graphics and gameplay are still the same though

Huh, so is it like a black and white mode sort of? Or does it have like that film grain effect or what.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#7guildclawsPosted 2/2/2013 10:37:39 PM(edited)
N7Spectre707 posted...
guildclaws posted...
N7Spectre707 posted...

Huh, so is it like a black and white mode sort of? Or does it have like that film grain effect or what.

Nope no Black and White effect, it looks like this, pics are not mine some guy posted it on another thread

http://imageshack.us/a/img802/7240/img0255n.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img248/5192/img0252fc.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img507/9281/img0254gn.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img826/2609/img0253p.jpg
#8Rome218Posted 2/2/2013 10:46:51 PM
miniomega7 posted...
HykCraft posted...

You are confusing classic mode with retro mode. You unlock classic mode by beating the game once, but to unlock retro mode you must beat Hardcore.

I have to beat the game to use the classic aim? What??? I didn't for Dead Space 2, or Dead Space 3's demo.
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write
#9Crimsin_GibletPosted 2/2/2013 11:00:11 PM
miniomega7 posted...
HykCraft posted...

I have to beat the game to use the classic aim? What??? I didn't for Dead Space 2, or Dead Space 3's demo.

No, you can use classic aim in any mode, but classic mode has it as default, and it also has other gameplay adjustments to make it similar to Dead Space 1.
---
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. "
#10Rome218Posted 2/2/2013 11:03:38 PM
Crimsin_Giblet posted...
miniomega7 posted...
HykCraft posted...

No, you can use classic aim in any mode, but classic mode has it as default, and it also has other gameplay adjustments to make it similar to Dead Space 1.

Ahh, right on. Heh.
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write