How do you put a rotator cuff on your plasma cutter?

#1KillosopherPosted 2/5/2013 1:25:18 PM
I just got to my first bench and I started modifying the "Planet Cracker" plasma pistol that you get with the limited edition. I selected a different lower tool than the "rotator cuff" to see what it would do. Well the """""" rotator cuff has now disappeared and there is seemingly no way to get it back. Am I missing something? Or did I just lose the ability to rotate my current gun? This is kind of pissing me off needless to say because it was one of the first weapons I wanted to roll with but I will certainly not if I cant rotate the damn thing. Any help would be appreciated.
---
Gamertag: killosopher
PSN: antja
#2Special-EddPosted 2/5/2013 1:38:02 PM
Seems odd. I would imagine that if it isn't there then you would have to make a new one with your spare parts. Perhaps they didn't want players dismantling their preorder guns for spare parts that had to be unlocked later in the game?
---
Playing: Dead Space 2, DMC, GoME
Anticipating: Gears of War: Judgement, GoW: Ascension, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Dead Space 3
#3chosen_one_13Posted 2/5/2013 1:40:27 PM
Here's a question, do you get a blueprint for that weapon? If so you may be able to reconstruct it from the blueprint.
---
Xbox GT - fallouthirteen
#4Killosopher(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 1:48:16 PM
I'm pretty sure that it's a glitch. There was no way to get it back once I de-selected it. Im assuming they didnt mean to do that so I'm calling it a glitch. Even after disassembling my original plasma cutter a "Rotator Cuff" didnt show up on the lower tools. So i just restated my game and did it again. Beware if you mess around with pre-ordered guns I guess.
---
#5Killosopher(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 1:49:18 PM
Here's a question, do you get a blueprint for that weapon? If so you may be able to reconstruct it from the blueprint.

No there is no blueprint for the pre0order guns you get. Unless you can make one yourself. Just trying to figure the weapon crafting our right now.
---
#6SteveBobPosted 2/5/2013 3:11:16 PM
Can you not just use the blueprint for a regular Plasma Cutter and then edit the upper tool?
---
Would you kindly read this signature?...
PSN: SteveBob7 YouTube: SteveBob104
#7___Vyser___Posted 2/5/2013 6:31:01 PM
The Planet Cracker is actually an attachment you place on the Plasma Cutter to alter its stats. You can craft it from the weapon craft menu (under the option on the right side for the gun).
#8smousexPosted 2/5/2013 6:37:35 PM
You can't use the Rotator with the Planet Cracker, if you detach the planet cracker head, leaving the default plasma cutter, you can attach the rotator again, from my experience you can only use the rotator on the default plasma cutter, and on a line gun
#9Maelstrom52Posted 2/6/2013 10:13:32 PM
Ok I've figured this out. It may be a glitch but you CAN use the rotator cuff with the Planet Cracker until you remove it. If you do, you won't have access to the rotator cuff unless you replace the Planet Cracker upper tool tip with the default tip. I'm assuming this is just a weird glitch, but if you just did it, quit and reload your last save to get back your Planet Cracker with rotator cuff.
---
...and that's how I roll!
#10demonfire922010Posted 2/6/2013 10:16:32 PM
smousex posted...
You can't use the Rotator with the Planet Cracker, if you detach the planet cracker head, leaving the default plasma cutter, you can attach the rotator again, from my experience you can only use the rotator on the default plasma cutter, and on a line gun

And on a ripper.