Seriously, This game is Awesome, how is it not a Dead Space game?

#1JirynPosted 2/5/2013 7:16:13 PM
Ok, save for some minor bugs here and there this game is AWESOME.
I've been playing it for 6-7 hrs now straight with a good friend and I am loving every minute of it.

Last week I played through DS1 and DS2, and this game feels like not only a valid continuation of the series but a valid evolution of the series in general.

I don't see all the complaints about "Action Oriented" or "too many fetch quests"
They were there in the first game as well, repair this, grab this and take it back here, use this to open that.. go fix the generator, now fix gravity.. etc etc.
Action oriented.. it's always been a 3rd Person Action horror game. It never was Survival, atleast for me. I always had almost unlimited resources by the end of the game, atleast enough to keep my weapons of choice running and killing smoothly.

So, how is this not a Dead Space game? Are people that far in their rose-tinted nostalgia goggles, or is it just hate on EA and their stupid business quirks?
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#2DarquePosted 2/5/2013 7:17:12 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...

So, how is this not a Dead Space game?

What are you babbling about? O_o
---
Jill Valentine > You
#3IrishSpectre_N7Posted 2/5/2013 7:17:19 PM
I don't get it either. I could play all three games back to back and not be able to tell you any differences in style outside improved gameplay mechanics and Isaac's voice.
---
PC Gaming
#4TrigxPosted 2/5/2013 7:17:34 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
Ok, save for some minor bugs here and there this game is AWESOME.
I've been playing it for 6-7 hrs now straight with a good friend and I am loving every minute of it.

Last week I played through DS1 and DS2, and this game feels like not only a valid continuation of the series but a valid evolution of the series in general.

I don't see all the complaints about "Action Oriented" or "too many fetch quests"
They were there in the first game as well, repair this, grab this and take it back here, use this to open that.. go fix the generator, now fix gravity.. etc etc.
Action oriented.. it's always been a 3rd Person Action horror game. It never was Survival, atleast for me. I always had almost unlimited resources by the end of the game, atleast enough to keep my weapons of choice running and killing smoothly.

So, how is this not a Dead Space game? Are people that far in their rose-tinted nostalgia goggles, or is it just hate on EA and their stupid business quirks?

Gotta love this game.
---
Kill...KILL....KILL!!! zombies?
#5recnakPosted 2/5/2013 7:17:55 PM
Self entitled cry babies. Welcome to today's gamer.

As long as I can violently stomp corpses I will love Dead Space..
#6mrplasmacutterPosted 2/5/2013 7:21:15 PM
The game is outstanding graphically and polished to all hell, but it really is a flawed experience at the core. The game recycles many environments over and over, the pacing is off, the game completely lacks scare factor, enemy encounters are much more tedious than ds1 and 2 etc.

Most of all, the overall story and design of the game is horrible.

It is a lot of fun to play, but it does not deserve glowing reviews.
#7Sebas27Posted 2/5/2013 7:24:06 PM
recnak posted...

As long as I can violently stomp corpses I will love Dead Space..

This. But I play DS because I'm a sucker for sci-fi. Also the main reason why I play Halo and GoW and why I don't play CoD. I don't hate CoD on the same premise that everyone else does...I just don't like realistic games :p I find more fun in fighting aliens, monsters, zombies etc. than fighting terrorists.

In a nutshell: regardless of genre, I like sci-fi/fantasy more than realistic games. Give me an Elite or a Rathalos over a terrosist anyday.
#8LazyDave1Posted 2/5/2013 7:25:50 PM
recnak posted...

Seriously. I'm noticing this **** more and more nowadays.

Gamers didn't like the ending of ME3? FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE FTC. Totally rational.

I have yet to play this game but most recently, I enjoyed RE6 despite the mediocre reviews, didn't much care about ME3's ending despite the fan outrage, and enjoyed DmC despite the fan outrage. I'm guessing it will be the same with this game.
---
wat
#9mrplasmacutterPosted 2/5/2013 7:28:18 PM
IrishSpectre_N7 posted...
I don't get it either. I could play all three games back to back and not be able to tell you any differences in style outside improved gameplay mechanics and Isaac's voice.

you must be kidding right? Dead Space 2 is paced so well. Dead Space 3 is an adventure of tediousness at times.
#10BigLongDownerPosted 2/5/2013 7:34:30 PM
Dead Space 3 is still the same as the previous two. I made it to Chapter 7 and, from what I've played, this is becoming my favorite out of the three. The Necromorphs are a lot more vicious, not that it's a bad thing. I've got necromorphs to kill this week, xenomorphs next week.
---
GT - The Grunge Guy