This game is friggin AMAZING

#1RepublicanThugPosted 2/6/2013 9:40:59 PM
After getting DEEP into the game I am simply astonished.

The graphics are top notch. No pop in. No frame rate drops.

The weapon selection is THE BEST ive ever seen thanks to the bench.

The gameplay is viceral.

The voice acting is good.

The story is above average.

The enemy types are varied and unique.

My only gripes are two.... the GOD AWFUL SAVE SYSTEM and the restarting check points if someone joins or leaves.

I have never been a single player gamer since COD3 and Halo1 much less completed a sp game. This one I cant put down ans will likely play multiple times which will be a first for me since the original Halo.

If you havent tried co-op I suggest you try it. The game really shines then.

If not for the two issues I cited I would give this game a 10. As is I give it a 9 or 9.5.
---
4 more years? Sigh.....
#2SunDevil77Posted 2/6/2013 9:45:51 PM(edited)
Agreed. The only gripes I have at the moment are the checkpoints, and the story could have been a bit better, or at least have a heavier emphasis.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#3Ulyaoth74Posted 2/6/2013 9:48:22 PM
I'm very impressed with the game. I have loved every second but I'm only on chapter 4. I loved that whole open space section in like chapter 3. My only grip is I'm playing on hard mode and getting destroyed. My line gun to their knees isn't making a charging necromorph flinch in the slightest. I just have to figure out a new way to play.
---
"Can you draw two M&Ms fighting with katanas?" -Me
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9606/mmfight.png -aDubiousNotion
#4CloudHiroPosted 2/6/2013 9:50:13 PM
well, my only gripes with the game is the departure from the horror element. though really, that's kinda to be expected.

I mean, after surviving 2 necromorph outbreaks and being mind assaulted by freaky as hell marker girlfriend, you kinda get used to this crap. XD
---
This area will self destruct in T minus 10 seconds. Please commence screaming and running around in circles. Have a Nice Day.
#5Bigj089Posted 2/6/2013 10:13:51 PM
So far Id say its a good game and still feels like Deadspace to me also.

My complaints so far are

1. Required co-op areas.
2. No split-screen.
3. Still too easy at times.
4. Some of the weapons just dont feel like they have impact. Like Im just pelting them with spitballs and I dont mean damage wise however.
5. I feel the need to open a hospital with the number of medpacks I have.

Things I like.

1. Feels even more action oriented. Video games have never scared me so true horror games tend to be lost on me for the most part so as a scifi monster killer action game it feels just fine to me.
2. The weapon and customization system is VASTLY improved and Im really enjoying the new approach to that.
3. The added variety of mini games and surprisingly I actually enjoy all but one of them so far.
4. Co-op. Its nice to have for those that would like to romp around killing necros.

Things Im indifferent on but others might like or dislike

1. Story. It still feels like Deadspace to me, its ok. Not bad, not good.
2. Ammo system. I dont mind that they were all combined into one type but I know some will hate it.

I have more negatives than positives but for the most part my positives outweight the negatives, especially the new equipment system. Im definitely picking the game up in the next day or two.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#6fat_irish_guyPosted 2/6/2013 10:15:42 PM
CloudHiro posted...
well, my only gripes with the game is the departure from the horror element. though really, that's kinda to be expected.

I mean, after surviving 2 necromorph outbreaks and being mind assaulted by freaky as hell marker girlfriend, you kinda get used to this crap. XD

IMO its more scary then 2 idk if u beat it i just did but i played through on hard with low brightness and there are some parts especially later on i crap my pants.
---
I'm the backwards man the backwards man i can walk backwards as fast as you can!
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Halo 4, Dead Space1+2,Dark Souls
#7RepublicanThug(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:40:32 PM
I would even go so far as to say the weapons are better than those in Boaderlands. Imo of course.
---
4 more years? Sigh.....
#8ZephyrSSXPosted 2/6/2013 10:44:39 PM
The only thing I don't like about this game so far is a checkpoint do over when a partner leaves.

I love the weapons, atmosphere, voice acting, OBSCENELY aggressive enemies, and even the fact that I'm bombarded with them.

Every time I reach a "walk through" area and get a breather it feels well earned.
---
jekin dixterd > rotchiten clunk