Anyone else having Auto Save troubles?

#1GwennyGalPosted 2/6/2013 10:22:01 PM
I'm so confused and not just a little annoyed. I hope I'm not spoiling this for anyone and if so I'm truly sorry, but I need help!

Chapter 5: Expect Delays

I completed the big 'fight for your life' scene while waiting for the tram, got on the tram, completed the optional "Conning Tower" quest, escaped the tower and called it a night. I go to play this evening and the darn game is starting me all the way back at the "fight for your life"part. I'm not sure what's going on, but the game is not good enough to play quest and/or big parts of it over and over again. I loved the freedom of saving when I wanted to...I'm already missing DS 1 & 2. : ( I went to EA's site and they said the Auto-save kicks in every 10-15 minutes. It sure didn't for me.

Is anyone else experiencing this very disappointing hiccup?
#2BeefEasterPosted 2/6/2013 10:34:54 PM(edited)
you have to wait for the "saving progress" icon to come up on the top of the screen and then you have to go to "save and quit" in the pause menu

also, you were never able to save anywhere in the dead space games, you had to find save stations

I don't see how this is any different
#3ZephyrSSXPosted 2/6/2013 10:36:34 PM
BeefEaster posted...
you have to wait for the "saving progress" icon to come up on the top of the screen

also, you were never able to save anywhere in the dead space games, you had to find save stations

It's not. They also seem to lie. I've never been set back these massive sections like people keep claiming.

Usually whenever any major event happens the game saves your progress, as noted on the top right of the screen. It has worked every time for me.
---
jekin dixterd > rotchiten clunk
#4BeefEasterPosted 2/6/2013 10:39:26 PM
obviously people are quitting before they get to a save point and then trying to blame the game
#5ZephyrSSXPosted 2/6/2013 10:41:15 PM
BeefEaster posted...
obviously people are quitting before they get to a save point and then trying to blame the game

Well what I mean is that it's just not possible what the TC is claiming. The game saves your progress after completing that side mission and like, again when you get on the tram and leave. I know because I just did it 10 minutes ago.

There's no way the game sent the TC back to pretty much the beginning of that whole thing.
---
#6ZephyrSSXPosted 2/6/2013 10:41:56 PM
But I just noticed it's an account referring to the female sex with 0 karma making hyperbolic claims. Troll confirmed.
---
#7RepublicanThugPosted 2/6/2013 10:46:22 PM
ZephyrSSX posted...
BeefEaster posted...
you have to wait for the "saving progress" icon to come up on the top of the screen

It's not. They also seem to lie. I've never been set back these massive sections like people keep claiming.

Usually whenever any major event happens the game saves your progress, as noted on the top right of the screen. It has worked every time for me.

He isnt lying. The same thing happenedto me several times. The so called auto save is glitched. Sometimes it starts me where the saving icon pops up. Other times it sends me so far back I want to rage.

And besides that games arent just for kids anymore. Some of us have more pressing issues than to sit around waiting for a stupid icon to tell us its OK TO QUIT NOW
---
4 more years? Sigh.....
#8RepublicanThugPosted 2/6/2013 10:50:51 PM
ZephyrSSX posted...
BeefEaster posted...

Well what I mean is that it's just not possible what the TC is claiming. The game saves your progress after completing that side mission and like, again when you get on the tram and leave. I know because I just did it 10 minutes ago.

There's no way the game sent the TC back to pretty much the beginning of that whole thing.

Because YOU didnt experience it it isnt possible?

Could you be any more pompous?
---
4 more years? Sigh.....
#9BeefEasterPosted 2/6/2013 10:51:21 PM
I call BS on all of it

people can't complain about micro-transactions anymore so they had to fabricate something new to complain about
#10ZephyrSSXPosted 2/6/2013 10:54:37 PM
RepublicanThug posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...
BeefEaster posted...

Because YOU didnt experience it it isnt possible?

Could you be any more pompous?

Yes. If it's nearly as common as people keep claiming I'd have seen it on streams and for myself. I have not and I have saved and quit on this game many times.
---