Man they locked WAY to much content out of the offline game.

#21MarblesbunbunPosted 2/8/2013 12:43:41 AM
Wait, I played it co-op all the way through on normal and did every side quest..
I am 98% done with the game according to the save screen... how do I get
Hostile Environment Suit
Flight Suit
Deep Dig Suit ??
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#22N7Spectre707Posted 2/8/2013 12:45:08 AM
Darque posted...
Chupacabrabra posted...
*Sigh* Sorry TC, but i see nothing but whining here, the problem here isn't the game, its you. Let me explain.

First of all you can play the whole thing solo, and collect all there is to collect solo. After you finish the game solo and you already know what's going to happen,blabla. Try the co-op with someone (ITS FUN TRUST ME) and finish the game co-op once to unlock what you miss.

You get two diffrent experiences, more replay value and you only have to play through the game with someone else*ONCE*. Co-op is not the devil. really.

Which does nothing for people without Live or even internet access for their console.

If we are going to bring up people without Internet access we might as well cut through the crap and say this entire generation of gaming has screwed you and ripped you off. Between bug fixing patches, dlc, and multiplayer being added, this generation of gaming has been brutal to those 11 people living without Internet access.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#23Malcolm22kPosted 2/8/2013 12:45:26 AM
N7Spectre707 posted...
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
krono069 posted...
Oh no TC, don't worry. It IS optional. I chose the single player option at the beginning, and now I'm on chapter 14, all without playing online at all.

So, don't worry man. Don't worry. Good thing I was here to let you know huh?
__

To bad ya missed the 3 other large areas and you only get 6 suits instead of 9. As well as an entire weapon set.

Only 6 suits instead of 9??? Ohhhhhh noooooooo, the horror! The horror! How can anyone beat the game and enjoy without all 9 suits???

I mean, ALL video games give you 9 alternate suits to wear! That is like, the bare minimum for any game, ever!

I think that's maybe a little hyperbolic. TC's point is not inarguable, but I don't think feeling a bit short-changed on content that you KNOW already exists in the game (not as DLC) and can't have access to is (while totally arguable), not a radical point, and could be considered an at least understandable frustration.

I don't think TC is trying to hugely bash the game, but rather just feels frustrated that there's an entire swathe of content that exists for free in the game that he cannot have access to unless he (somewhat arbitrarily) plays the game a different way. You're free to counter-argue with with assertions of entitlement and/or questions of what makes a "full-game", but I'm not so sure the former even applies to the TC's argument, and the latter seems too strong for an at least somewhat understandable frustration. The OP is clearly just meant to be the guy's opinion, no need to bring the claws out :p.
#24G1243Posted 2/8/2013 12:49:59 AM
I TOLD EVERY BODY ABOUT THIS !

Right here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672893-dead-space-3/65309745

Noobs were saying, "Where's the proof?" And they didn't believe me. Guess they were wrong, and I was right.

The Hostile Environment Suit is the best looking suit of them all and you can't get it in Single Player. There's a video of it here:
http://youtu.be/YXB-jk2DkDA
---
Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesnt care to, or he doesnt exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary.
#25N7Spectre707Posted 2/8/2013 12:52:24 AM
G1243 posted...
I TOLD EVERY BODY ABOUT THIS !

Right here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672893-dead-space-3/65309745

Noobs were saying, "Where's the proof?" And they didn't believe me. Guess they were wrong, and I was right.

The Hostile Environment Suit is the best looking suit of them all and you can't get it in Single Player. There's a video of it here:
http://youtu.be/YXB-jk2DkDA

I think the N7 and the arctic suit look better, but each his own. It is a cool looking suit though.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#26N7Spectre707Posted 2/8/2013 1:11:27 AM
Malcolm22k posted...
N7Spectre707 posted...
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
krono069 posted...
Oh no TC, don't worry. It IS optional. I chose the single player option at the beginning, and now I'm on chapter 14, all without playing online at all.

So, don't worry man. Don't worry. Good thing I was here to let you know huh?
__

To bad ya missed the 3 other large areas and you only get 6 suits instead of 9. As well as an entire weapon set.

Only 6 suits instead of 9??? Ohhhhhh noooooooo, the horror! The horror! How can anyone beat the game and enjoy without all 9 suits???

I mean, ALL video games give you 9 alternate suits to wear! That is like, the bare minimum for any game, ever!

I think that's maybe a little hyperbolic. TC's point is not inarguable, but I don't think feeling a bit short-changed on content that you KNOW already exists in the game (not as DLC) and can't have access to is (while totally arguable), not a radical point, and could be considered an at least understandable frustration.

I don't think TC is trying to hugely bash the game, but rather just feels frustrated that there's an entire swathe of content that exists for free in the game that he cannot have access to unless he (somewhat arbitrarily) plays the game a different way. You're free to counter-argue with with assertions of entitlement and/or questions of what makes a "full-game", but I'm not so sure the former even applies to the TC's argument, and the latter seems too strong for an at least somewhat understandable frustration. The OP is clearly just meant to be the guy's opinion, no need to bring the claws out :p.

You're right I guess. This board has turned me into a jaded person. I'm still sticking to my "what makes a full game" argument though, because there are games I've enjoyed immensely, that many would consider a full game, that offer less content overall than dead space 3 out of the box offline.

I understand being upset with not being able to access on disc content, but seriously, if you can't afford or do not want to pay for Xbox live then you should probably have invested in ps3.
---
-MiKe345675
#27ChupacabrabraPosted 2/8/2013 1:20:07 AM
N7Spectre707 posted...
Darque posted...
Chupacabrabra posted...
*Sigh* Sorry TC, but i see nothing but whining here, the problem here isn't the game, its you. Let me explain.

First of all you can play the whole thing solo, and collect all there is to collect solo. After you finish the game solo and you already know what's going to happen,blabla. Try the co-op with someone (ITS FUN TRUST ME) and finish the game co-op once to unlock what you miss.

You get two diffrent experiences, more replay value and you only have to play through the game with someone else*ONCE*. Co-op is not the devil. really.

Which does nothing for people without Live or even internet access for their console.

If we are going to bring up people without Internet access we might as well cut through the crap and say this entire generation of gaming has screwed you and ripped you off. Between bug fixing patches, dlc, and multiplayer being added, this generation of gaming has been brutal to those 11 people living without Internet access.

Lmao, this man, so much.
#28DarquePosted 2/8/2013 1:49:40 AM
N7Spectre707 posted...

I might have found this amusing, if not for the fact I've had internet for years, but where I was living previously I could only get it via cellular service.... and thus while I had it on my computer, I couldn't bridge it to my 360.

Disclaimer: I'm not for or against the argument - but I will play devil's advocate. =P
---
Jill Valentine > You
#29MarblesbunbunPosted 2/8/2013 2:02:38 AM
N7Spectre707 posted...
Darque posted...
Chupacabrabra posted...

Technically you do not need internet to access this content, you can play it over System Link right?
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#30Crimsin_GibletPosted 2/8/2013 2:07:31 AM
Quote:N7Spectre707 posted...
Darque posted...
Chupacabrabra posted...

Technically you do not need internet to access this content, you can play it over System Link right?

@Marblesbunbun

No :/, you can only play coop over live
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.10