Electrocution/explosive module

#1Hell_SeerPosted 2/18/2013 5:49:51 AM
Anyone know what modules and circuits benefit these?

I.e do electrictution modules benefit from explosive modules?

Do either benefit from damage circuits?

Oh and does the ripper saw spin faster and do more damage with RoF bonuses?
#2zombienatio0Posted 2/18/2013 6:11:22 AM
sorry to somewhat jack your thread.. i was about to make a topic to ask something like this.. does anyone know if these can be used with the chain gun?
#3DarkPassngerPosted 2/18/2013 6:35:22 AM
The electricity and explosive modules replace a secondary tool on a weapon. For example making a one handed rivet gun you can attach either module so that the last rivet you shot before hitting the secondary fire will either electrocute or explode the target.

I assume this method is the same with a few others like the javelin.

As far as your other questions go I'm not sure how circuits affect the modules or the RoF question. Sorry.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#4incinerator950Posted 2/18/2013 7:32:19 AM
I simply use reload and damage on those modules. Capacity circuits will probably do the trick though. For melee attachments, ROF is hilarious.
---
Glock o'clock
#5Hell_Seer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 7:40:12 PM
Sorry I wasn't clear. My question is not what they do or how they work. It's about how circuits effect them and secondary modules effect them?

For instance, does anyone notice any increase when adding damage circuits to explosive or elecution modules?

Does the elecution module benefit from the explosive amplifier? Or do rivet explosions benefit as well?

I personally only use +reload/ clip circuits to both, but was just curious as the stats indicate only clip size can be affected.

As for the second poster. No, the chain gun cannot have any of the attachments added. Although the rivet shotgun benefits nicely from the explosive module. As you can shoot one round from the rivet shotgun and explode multiple rivets. Doesn't work with the elecution module though. Javelins guns don't explode like rivets either. And the repeating javelin gun only explodes the last javelins from a burst.

The ripper question was just an add on.
#6ScarecrowESPosted 2/18/2013 8:24:59 PM
Hell_Seer posted...
Sorry I wasn't clear. My question is not what they do or how they work. It's about how circuits effect them and secondary modules effect them?

For instance, does anyone notice any increase when adding damage circuits to explosive or elecution modules?

Does the elecution module benefit from the explosive amplifier? Or do rivet explosions benefit as well?

I personally only use +reload/ clip circuits to both, but was just curious as the stats indicate only clip size can be affected.

As for the second poster. No, the chain gun cannot have any of the attachments added. Although the rivet shotgun benefits nicely from the explosive module. As you can shoot one round from the rivet shotgun and explode multiple rivets. Doesn't work with the elecution module though. Javelins guns don't explode like rivets either. And the repeating javelin gun only explodes the last javelins from a burst.

The ripper question was just an add on.

The reload and clip do for sure. I'm not sure you could tell if the RoF changes, since there's no actual shot fired there's no cycle time. I cannot say for sure that the damage increases either, but I get the sense that it does. The explosive radius for that module is very small compared to say, any of the survey charge weapons, but I can easily gib just about anything nearby when I explode my TS rivet shotgun. I think the change is more pronounced on the particles themselves that are created when you explode a rivet though. It seems like once upgraded, they do more damage having exploded than they do being shot from the gun in the first place.

Ultimately, though, while I can't prove it, I can't imagine why damage and RoF upgrades wouldn't affect the modules when reload and clip do.
---
"One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't." -George Bernard Shaw
#7squidney2k1Posted 2/18/2013 9:45:15 PM
I think they will work with nearly all non-explosive, non-military frame, semi-automatic variants.

- Rivet Guns
- Ripper Blades (non-suspended)
- Spike Shotgun
- Javelin
- Mines or sticky bolas
---
\m/ (O_o) \m/ Alan Wake deserves a full sequel. Xenosaga Deserves a full sequel. Dark Cloud deserves a full sequel.
#8BoxKnockerPosted 2/19/2013 2:52:22 AM
We really need a comprehensive thread with the answers to all these curve-balls in weapon crafting.

RoF - For charged weapons, does this affect charge time? How does it affect the torch and the ripper?

Electrocution Module, Explosive Modules, the Rotate Module, and Canister Recovery Module- What circuits have an effect, and what that effect is, whether in the performance of the module or the gun as a whole

Plasma core - Unique Tip attachments dependent on location, on top you can make the contact beam, on bottom its the DS 2 alt fire. I can't think of any others that have a similar affect.

Oh, with the trip mines it lets you attach the effect modules but they don't trigger, at least for me. The timed mine works but not the trip mines. I find it weird they let you attach it though.

And what brought me here to begin with, what is considered an explosion? Any of the kinetic blasts?

And from my own experimentation-Survey Charge, the DS2 flamethrower alt-fire tip, or Incendiary grenades as they say (I like to put acid bath on it, and it might actually be a necessity for effective creature slaughter), if you don't wanna waste an attachment with safety guard, you can blow these things up in your face all day long.....well, to be fair, I was on Impossible with full armor and health when I discovered I wasn't blowing myself into pieces with them but killing enemies just as effectively. Results might be less acceptable when not upgraded.
#9BoxKnockerPosted 2/19/2013 3:12:11 AM
Ok, upon further testing I'm completely wrong about the incendiary grenade thing, standing on top of it, using the damage attachment, no explosion enhancement, took me down to about a quarter health. Maybe the splash damage isn't as bad, I swear I've put three of those things in a row into various Necro face holes and got blown back off my feet each time (while everything around me rolls around on fire before succumbing to the acid). Oh well.
#10vice_dragonPosted 2/19/2013 3:31:17 AM
I don't know how many questions I can answer, but I have tested these modules for hours one day.

I do know for a fact that the explosion amp does indeed affect both electrocution, and explosion module. The visual animation of the module is unchanged, but the area of effect is noticeably wider.

Damage, clip, and reload chips do work for both modules as well. RoF seem to be based on the animation for Elec module, while Exp module doesn't seem to need a RoF increase.
---
How much mud could a mudcrab crab if a mudcrab could crab mud?