[Spoilers] Dead Space 4

#1EggmanChaoPosted 2/7/2013 1:38:49 PM
Well for those of you that have played all 3 games so far, I think you all can speculate where this is going.

Dead Space 3 ending left us with quite a lot of consume, I'll sum them up with words:
- Black Marker
- Brethren Moons

These two set the plot already for Dead Space 4, not to mention where it will all take place. It is also speculated, Isaac himself is gonna make one last final showdown with this. He is not dead (pay attention to the credits).

So where am I going with this? Well, in Dead Space 3, the aliens that came to the planet found the Black Marker and along with it the epidemic that it caused, as all others did. This of course had to have happened 65 million Years ago or more before the events of the Black Marker appearing on Earth as an astroid and wiping out the dinosaurs.

The Black Marker caused a Convergence Event on Tau Volantis which created the partially formed moon (an actual Biomass of Necromorph Creature). The aliens somehow created a counter-attack to prevent this from finishing by freezing the entire planet. Now, not sure how the Black Marker got to Earth ,but maybe the cause of this mass destruction may have swung it to earth's location.

Let's assume the marker is active, as it was, before it swung over to earth in the events of this flash frozen defense. 65 Million years ago (Parallel universe to ours of course using the dinosaurs and how they actually extinct) the Marker landed on earth, activated, all dinosaurs became necromorphs, convergence event happened, and the Moon we see orbiting earth, is in fact, a finished, but dormant completion of the Convergence Event...

We are unsure how the original Black Marker works, but it could be something must be done to re-initialize the Convergence Event so it can finally awaken our moon.

I came up with these theories, based on all 3 games and their markers. Alot of people will say Isaac is dead, I honestly do not believe so, but let the discussion begin? Possible Dead Space 4, and of course, the final of its series, if not 3?
#2CodenameNickzorPosted 2/7/2013 7:34:17 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3EggmanChao(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:08:38 PM
Haha, I get your pun there...

He has gone through a lot, I have no doubt in my mind if this dead space 4 event happens that isaac might (finally) not be the star character but rather an informative, or helping role for the new character.
#4thablackreaperPosted 2/8/2013 8:39:05 AM
wellthe Tau Volantis convergence event is only 2 million years old, so they wouldn't be responsible for the Earth Black marker as it was sent to earth 65 million years ago.

Also the Earth Moon couldn't be a Brethren Moon as The markers are absorbed into the Necromorph moon.

Also it is heavily implied that all the markers have shut down and that the Tau Volantis Moon was the last remaining and Functioning Necro Moon as it was the sole being controlling all markers including the one that predates its own creation.

Dead Space 4 will obviously be about the TRUE origins of the necromorphs and Black marker. We know that the Moon Necro is the head honcho, yet they can only be created when a marker is made and creates convergence, so unless we have a Brother Moon out there that was always a living planetoid we have a huge story element that needs to be answered. Unless of course the tau volantis moon was already being fused into the existing SOURCE necro moon.

What we know thanks to DS 3

Markers are transcievers of Energy and Telepathic thought.

They are used by the Brother moon of tau volantis to spread its influence, create convergence and it uses the markers to manipulate other orgainc life to recreate convergence so that they could come and free it, and fuse with it alllowing to to become WHOLE.

The earth black marker predates the tau volantis convergence and moon by 63 million years, which means that the black marker was created before the moon of tau volantis, despite the tau volantis moon having taking control of it.

Convergence is the uniting of all necromorphs, parts of the planet biosphere, and the maker itself to create a SUPER HIVE called the BRETHREN MOON, which is a planet sized necromorph capable of generating nearly infinte energy.

all the markers recieve their energy and signals from a Brethren Moon, markers themselves do not generate energy they only send/recieve it.

It stands to reaston that another Brethren Moon existed besides the tau volantis, however with the death of the tau volantis moon we know that all markers have stopped working and deactivated. This would mean that the either the other Necro moons no longer exists (no one is powering or manipulating markers) or that the only Moon left is the benevolent moon that has Aided isaac and others before (this would be the entity responible for countering and trying to help people prevent marker spread as in both Altman, Klein, and Issacs cases. The red marker and black marker itself seemed to want to be deactivated and never sought to create convergence as it produced an Anti-necromorph dead space field around itself that prevented convergence. where all other markers do not. )
#5thablackreaperPosted 2/8/2013 8:45:44 AM
correction

Not sure if all the markers deactivated witht eh Tau Volantis Moon being destroyed as the ending doesn't cover anything about it. It was just speculated throughout that this was the source of all markers, but of course we know better by the end of the story. So its possible another Brethren Moon exists and that all markers are still active and that humanity is doomed due to all of its 12 colonies building markers before DS3.

my guess is that DS 4 will be about finding a easier and better way to stop the Moons and markers for good, becuase based on the timeline we know that another moon had to have existed before Tau Volantis as some other moon had to be generating the energy and telepathic signals to the tau volantis marker before its convergence event 2 milion years ago, and someone had to create the balck marker which is 65 million years old.
#6EggmanChao(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 11:16:17 AM
There is a huge problem here, the dinosaurs were wiped out by the Black Market being on an Astroid that landed on Earth 65 Million Years Ago, how can the Black Marker create a convergence event on another planet if it is not present? I am aware that the aliens did create more markers on tau to collect and utilize the energy. But according to the story, they discovered the black marker...so the timeline is giving me a bit of confusion here.

I would like to be directed to a video/info that says all this...

Second, if you pay attention, on the first arrival, the moon on Tau volantis looks like the moon on earth, gray/back but broken off. They at this time, did not know that it was a physical entity of necromorphs as one. Also, at the end, the moon officially breaks apart, revealing the necro moon creature.

Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I saw it was a moon at first, and no living tissue was seen from it at any distance, nor the tentacles that it possessed.
#7thablackreaperPosted 2/8/2013 4:25:33 PM
EggmanChao posted...
There is a huge problem here, the dinosaurs were wiped out by the Black Market being on an Astroid that landed on Earth 65 Million Years Ago, how can the Black Marker create a convergence event on another planet if it is not present? I am aware that the aliens did create more markers on tau to collect and utilize the energy. But according to the story, they discovered the black marker...so the timeline is giving me a bit of confusion here.

I would like to be directed to a video/info that says all this...

Second, if you pay attention, on the first arrival, the moon on Tau volantis looks like the moon on earth, gray/back but broken off. They at this time, did not know that it was a physical entity of necromorphs as one. Also, at the end, the moon officially breaks apart, revealing the necro moon creature.

Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I saw it was a moon at first, and no living tissue was seen from it at any distance, nor the tentacles that it possessed.

The black marker that hit the earth 65 million years ago has no info on what exactly happened. Was it imbedded in a Brother Moon that died when impacting earth? was it shot out into space with debris crashing into earth?

ALso any marker can create a convergence, in the last 2 chapters you can find a alien artifact that talks about the Master necromorph being a Moon and that there existed more before Tau Volantis. It would be assumed that the Black marker on earth came from one of these beings.

The aliens discovered their own BLACK MARKER, which are non manufactured, much like on earth the BLACK Markers are created by some other beings that are tied into the Necromorph genesis. The game story and dialog say that the Brother moons are responsible for the creation and spread of the black marker. The organic life that ineracts with the marker then create more and start convergence and create a new Necromorph moon.

Timeline wise, the earth black marker predates the Tau Volantis aliens and the Brother moon made from Tau Volantis. The Earth black marker is 65 million years old, the events of Tau Volantis Aliens were 2 million years ago, dated from chapter 5 in one of the ship logs when they talk about the discovery of alien artifacts dating back 2 million years.

The moon of tau volantis appears to have an earth like shell, but it's lower destroyed and incomplete half does in fact look like frozen bio when playing with the knowledge of its existance. Remember that convergence does fuse a large chunck of planets mass as well to create the Brother Moon. The hardened shell is actually a combination of tau volantis' own planet and the ICE from being flash frozen.

The markers themself draw their energies from the MOONS, the Necromorph Moons transmit energy and telepathic thought through the markers, which are transcievers to their power. The markers themselves are do not create energy or have thoughts of their own. It was revealed through gameplay notes, records, artifacts, and chatter that they are just energy conduits. The markers are not self aware as originally thought, all their manipulation comes from the Necromorph Moons who can interact with markers across galactic distance.

So far it seems that all the markers that were created by humans and Tauans were being used by the Tau Moon marker, however because the Marker on tau and earth predate the Tau moon, we must have another Necro Moon creating and controlling the markers as well, it was this being that manipulated the Tauans to create the Tau Convergence and thus the Tau Brother moon.
#8UndeadAuraPosted 2/8/2013 7:00:18 PM
The talk about the final stage being a Necromorph Planet and a source of near infinite energy....

What if some events happened and it was discovered that it had actually happened...

That would make for interesting DS4....

Pure speculation, but in the direction the series has headed so far, I'd say this is the more probable outcome.
#9CommanderCornyPosted 2/8/2013 10:00:12 PM
EggmanChao posted...
Haha, I get your pun there...

He has gone through a lot, I have no doubt in my mind if this dead space 4 event happens that isaac might (finally) not be the star character but rather an informative, or helping role for the new character.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for as well. Ellie and Isaac/Carver(given that they do actually make it back) being side characters who help the new main character(s).
#10KrootahnPosted 2/9/2013 12:16:08 AM
I thought Visceral/EA said this series was going to be a trilogy. Doubt there will be 4th Dead Space. Just one of those things that leaves some questions unanswered.