This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EPIC Reaper

#1Slab_XZPosted 3/12/2013 6:41:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6PUVZrozxQ

You can see why he'd never be a permanent unlock. Looks fun though. :)
#2BlackReignMCWPosted 3/12/2013 7:58:43 AM
So they put a super strong and fast character in the game that can only be played by certain people at certain times just to be assh$#%& ? Sounds about right for this game. Can't wait for the modders to flood the game with this character within the first week.
---
My Buddy's Uncle's Cousin's Brother has a friend who works in Atlantis and saw Batman nut punch an albino midget Unicorn wrestler. True story.
#3slayerxelitePosted 3/12/2013 8:23:22 AM
Yeah. Its apparently only a single person that can use him for a single week and then it randomly jumps to another person. If you kill him you get a weapon skin set and a medal. Modders are going to have a hay day with the Reaper and you will see him everywhere.
---
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan Kenobi talking about GameFAQs
#4DXLR8RPosted 3/12/2013 8:27:35 AM
BlackReignMCW posted...
So they put a super strong and fast character in the game that can only be played by certain people at certain times just to be assh$#%& ? Sounds about right for this game. Can't wait for the modders to flood the game with this character within the first week.

We'll see if they actually manage to do that online, considering that as soon as a Jtag 360 gets online, it immediately gets banned.

But anyways, the instakill melee is new to me - I heard about the floating and dash evade, but that's crazy. Still stronger than a regular character, but nothing invincible. As least those that get chosen to be the Reaper won't be totally screwed.
---
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N II - ||=|| /-\ |_ {{3}} all I need - also known as Skilotonn at TeamXbox
#5BossfellaPosted 3/12/2013 9:03:44 AM
Wasn't too much modding in 3, at least compared to 2. Judgment should be as good if not better. And everybody will be trying to kill the reaper, so the advantage is balanced somewhat.
---
A curse on the judges, the coppers, and screws who torture the innocent, wrongly accused.
#6lnknprk_45Posted 3/12/2013 3:48:52 PM
Bossfella posted...
Wasn't too much modding in 3, at least compared to 2. Judgment should be as good if not better. And everybody will be trying to kill the reaper, so the advantage is balanced somewhat.

What are you talking about. There was tons of it. Well, at least people that were modding their save files to unlock skins locked on the disc.
#7Groves22Posted 3/12/2013 4:07:02 PM
lnknprk_45 posted...
Bossfella posted...

What are you talking about. There was tons of it. Well, at least people that were modding their save files to unlock skins locked on the disc.

But nothing that really effected the gameplay. People complain about modded controllers, but mostly it's just fast trigger fingers. I get accused some... don't have.
#8AkubarixPosted 3/12/2013 4:28:26 PM
I hope its common enough to get the medal. Instead of stupid **** like the Wall Flower medal.
---
"No man is invincible. Therefore, he cannot understand what it means to be invincible."
#9BossfellaPosted 3/12/2013 4:45:16 PM
lnknprk_45 posted...

Compared to Gears 2? Seeing somebody with the pixel gun skins every fifty or so games was better than every few games in Gears 2 having someone invisible or moving at intense speed.
---
A curse on the judges, the coppers, and screws who torture the innocent, wrongly accused.
#10phoneixfencerPosted 3/12/2013 5:31:27 PM
Yeah, the reaper thing is gonna be stupid. It's a player chosen by EPIC to be the reaper. Apparently they're going to encourage the picked player to play FFA so everyone will get a chance to kill him, you can go to the Gears forum and nominate someone right now.
---
In CoD you call in killstreaks to get kills for you. In Battlefield you watch your teammate kill you, steal the chopper and crash into the jet as he takes off!