This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why all the hate?

#21majormPosted 3/13/2013 2:03:55 PM
Overrun is not the replacement for Horde. That's Survival. Overrun plays similar to Horde but real people play as Locust too. Survival is the mode where 5 players go against AI enemies of increasing difficulty.
---
Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor...now you're scared.
#22ultra magnus13Posted 3/13/2013 2:53:30 PM
Lack of DBNO is my biggest problem. Nothing is as cool in GOW as saving your buddy. No DBNO means no executions, one of the second coolest things in GOW. No DBNO, means no meat shields and no suicide grenades. These are a lot of the things that made GOW more dynamic and unique compared to other shooters.
---
?huh?........ it's just a box.
#23BoogieBorgPosted 3/13/2013 3:36:03 PM
ultra magnus13 posted...
Lack of DBNO is my biggest problem. Nothing is as cool in GOW as saving your buddy. No DBNO means no executions, one of the second coolest things in GOW. No DBNO, means no meat shields and no suicide grenades. These are a lot of the things that made GOW more dynamic and unique compared to other shooters.

I agree, just leveled GOW3 and DBNO was my bread and butter. Picking up my brothers was a priorty ,and assinations were sweet. Gonna miss it.
---
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
#24KLArthur7Posted 3/13/2013 3:40:18 PM
BoogieBorg posted...
ultra magnus13 posted...

I agree, just leveled GOW3 and DBNO was my bread and butter. Picking up my brothers was a priorty ,and assinations were sweet. Gonna miss it.

This should be back with Execution mode in April
---
GT: Mr 0pportunity -- with a zero
#25Matt_256Posted 3/13/2013 4:12:29 PM
It's pretty easy to determine the "hate". Gears has become a bit oversaturated this generation. When people think of 360 they think of "Gears and Halo". I think people are starting to get sick of the same ol-same ol' type of gameplay. I know they've made a few changes in Judgement and I'm still teetering on the fringe on whether I'm going to buy it or not. I've seen some videos, it does look promising but still, it's essentially Gears of War. Nothing more, Nothing less. We all know what to expect, we all know what the gameplay is going to be like. It really doesn't offer anything completely new to the franchise besides some fluff. Not a bad thing, especially for Gears fans, but for gamers wanting to experience something completely new and fresh I think I could understand the lack of excitement from their side.

As much as I love Gears I think they gotta put on the breaks a bit. Either start something new and fresh or take a long break and come back sometime next gen to truly blow everyone away.