This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Four....Maps....

#21SunDevil77Posted 3/18/2013 6:22:07 AM
tubb311 posted...
Nionel posted...

Just takes a quick google search, which takes about as much effort as it takes to reply to this thread.

LMAO @ all the morons that think Gears has good MP outside Horde.

Well...that was rude.
Gears has, hands down, the best TPS multiplayer >_>
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#22slayerxelitePosted 3/18/2013 6:33:05 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Gears has, hands down, the best TPS multiplayer >_>

Truth!

Regardless of lack of maps, Im having a blast. FFA and TDM are standard and now they added Domination (which plays exactly like it does in CoD) which is also fun. The Special Events playlist is currently FFA with Gnashers only. OverRun is fantastic and Survival is good but hard. Much harder than Horde was.
---
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan Kenobi talking about GameFAQs
#23Surv1valismPosted 3/18/2013 6:37:41 AM
Gears 3 died?
---
GT: Astro ZomBz
PSN: IThe_WretchedI http://www.listal.com/list/game-collection-astrozombie29 (not finished)
#24Special-EddPosted 3/18/2013 6:38:23 AM
I always enjoy the multiplayer of the gears games even though gears of war 2 gave me levels of rage that I never knew were possible. I bought the VIP pass as soon as I saw the tile on the xbox dashboard so I will have plenty of maps. 4 maps to start does seem a bit shallow but I've got loads of friends all ready to roll on this game so I'm getting it no matter what.
---
Playing: God of War: Ascension, Tomb Raider
Anticipating: Gears of War: Judgement, Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us
#25steelix55Posted 3/18/2013 7:12:30 AM(edited)
Quality over quantity. I loved Gears of War 3, but that game had a ton of broken maps that no one ever wanted to play. Overpass was the worst excuse for a map ever. Whoever took the top at the beginning of the match wins 99% of the time. Sandbar and Mercy were also broken at launch and required updates and weapon relocation to make them good. Gears of War 3's DLC maps were also nothing special either. In terms of maps it goes Gears 1 > Gears 2 > Gears 3. (Gears 3 was a way better online experience than 2 though.) Hopefully Judgment can be high on that list.
---
Go Cards!
#26foodeater4Posted 3/18/2013 7:13:27 AM
4 maps for each mode is fine to start. Overrun maps are real big anyways and its a super fun mode.

Then you switch up on some TDM or whatnot.

Trolls and can troll all they want, but games already confirmed fun through the demo. And thats only with 1 map.
#27IrishSJ23Posted 3/18/2013 7:50:07 AM
foodeater4 posted...
4 maps for each mode is fine to start. Overrun maps are real big anyways and its a super fun mode.

Trolls and can troll all they want, but games already confirmed fun through the demo. And thats only with 1 map.

Can you clarify how many different modes have 4 maps?
#28djshowstopper87Posted 3/18/2013 7:53:23 AM
I am disappointed in this as well. But the gears 3 community wasn't completely dead, but if you played against Mexicans then prepare to lose because they ALWAYS got host for some reason.
#29Ice WeaselPosted 3/18/2013 7:55:11 AM
IrishSJ23 posted...
foodeater4 posted...

Can you clarify how many different modes have 4 maps?

Overrun and Survival: Estate, Island, Junkyard, Skyline

All versus modes: Gondola, Library, Rig, Streets
#30KobraXZPosted 3/18/2013 9:00:22 AM
AnaConda1114 posted...
Even with the 2 free maps, 6 standard multiplayer maps is a disgrace for a game of this AAA caliber and has its popularity based on multiplayer.

I think the people working on the game sunk way too much time and resources into the campaign, which for most people is a play once and forget mode.

Reminds me of when they gutted Mass Effect 3's singleplayer in favor of multiplayer. Gears has a good story, and frankly that's where the focus should be. The fans who have read the novels and comics would probably value it more than the people who flock to it for the multiplayer.

Regardless of how much effort gets invested into multiplayer it's still going to be plagued by things beyond the developers control. Namely a terrible community.

So yeah, I'd rather they make the campaign as involving and awesome as possible without having to worry about balancing guns and minimizing lag.