This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The more I play this the more disappointing it becomes

#1djshowstopper87Posted 3/29/2013 7:14:39 AM
Mulitplayer for this gears is pretty garbage. I mean this game isn't even gears anymore its s generic game tailored to noobs who sucked in previous gears games ( the one that cried about being owned with gnashers). I mean..

- Missing game modes ( Guardian etc)

- No DBNO

- No wall tagging with nades

- No COG VS Locust

- Can't carry two primary guns

- cheap tatics / spam fest ( melee is riddiclious, as well as the grenade spamming).

- Limited character skins

- inconsistent BS that makes me wonder if the game is on dedicated servers or not.

This is the weakest gears entry to date. I would rather play gears 2 with all it's host advantage and BS than this. So sad to see gears become this average borderline garbage game. Glad I only had to pay 20 for this.
#2CounterpwntPosted 3/29/2013 7:20:38 AM
" I mean this game isn't even gears anymore"

So if the games had sucked at first and then gotten better, would you say they weren't gears anymore when they got better?

Those things you listed aren't what makes it Gears of War. It's the lore that makes it Gears of War. Grenade tagging was as much an experiment as blue-red COG teams. DBNO gave a specific disadvantage to every non-gib style weapon, too, surely they took it out to balance things so you didn't HAVE to use a gnasher to be competitive.
#3djshowstopper87(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 7:25:42 AM
Counterpwnt posted...

So if the games had sucked at first and then gotten better, would you say they weren't gears anymore when they got better?

Those things you listed aren't what makes it Gears of War. It's the lore that makes it Gears of War. Grenade tagging was as much an experiment as blue-red COG teams. DBNO gave a specific disadvantage to every non-gib style weapon, too, surely they took it out to balance things so you didn't HAVE to use a gnasher to be competitive.

All the things I mentioned made gears muliplayer different from other games. They even ruined the lore at least in multiplayer by taking out COG vs Locust.
#4yazman666Posted 3/29/2013 7:31:29 AM
djshowstopper87 posted...
Counterpwnt posted...

All the things I mentioned made gears muliplayer different from other games. They even ruined the lore at least in multiplayer by taking out COG vs Locust.

101 % AGREED....its allright if there are gamers who like it .im not blaming anyone for liking a game but this is just a really garbish approach to the gears franchise multiplayer.
#5JRS511Posted 3/29/2013 7:41:18 AM(edited)
It's a spin off game not Gears 4. It's not supposed to play like the other games. The more I play it the more I love it.

The faster paced MP is welcome by me.
---
"Life owes you nothing. You owe yourself everything."
-Corey Taylor
#6SunDevil77Posted 3/29/2013 7:38:12 AM
I disagree.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#7CounterpwntPosted 3/29/2013 7:42:21 AM
Counterpwnt posted...

Well, there are a lot of people, me included, who felt a connection with their COG and would get stuck playing as Locust for 75% of the matches in a 2-hour session. I'd rather be Young Marcus every time and shoot other COG. I agree it does screw up the lore, but COG vs. Locust is what OverRun is for. I think of Versus like a skirmish thing now.

Also, DBNO has been in military games since the 90s.
#8djshowstopper87(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 7:50:51 AM
It's a spin off but the campaign is a prequel to the main entries in the series. I mean its okay that they took risks but they should have keep some classic elements or at least a classic playlist. This muliplayer is weak.
#9JRS511Posted 3/29/2013 7:54:16 AM
It's a spin off but the campaign is a prequel to the main entries in the series. I mean its okay that they took risks but they should have keep some classic elements or at least a classic playlist. This muliplayer is weak.

I love it. At first I was indifferent but the more time I put in the more I like it. My favorite one since GoW1. It's more balanced than the others that's for sure.
---
"Life owes you nothing. You owe yourself everything."
-Corey Taylor
#10CounterpwntPosted 3/29/2013 7:58:21 AM
Mulitplayer for this gears is pretty garbage. I mean this game isn't even gears anymore its s generic game tailored to noobs who sucked in previous gears games ( the one that cried about being owned with gnashers). I mean..

- Missing game modes ( Guardian etc)

- No DBNO

- No wall tagging with nades

- No COG VS Locust

- Can't carry two primary guns

- cheap tatics / spam fest ( melee is riddiclious, as well as the grenade spamming).

- Limited character skins

- inconsistent BS that makes me wonder if the game is on dedicated servers or not.

This is the weakest gears entry to date. I would rather play gears 2 with all it's host advantage and BS than this. So sad to see gears become this average borderline garbage game. Glad I only had to pay 20 for this.

Anyway, to address your whole list:

1. Execution is up today. I'm sure they'll add Warzone soon. I can live without Guardian.

2. DBNO is not really unique to Gears. It also, as I said, forces players to seek out and abuse "gib" weapons like the Boomshot, which take very little skill.

3. Well, look at how less linear the levels are. There's no set spawning. I can see why they didn't want tagging to be a thing just yet.

4. I never liked being the Locust. There's no sense of camraderie in a Locust team. You only miss shooting Locust when you're the COG—it wasn't really fair to everyone.

5. Good. Learn the pros and cons of the individual guns. If one team gets a kill advantage early because they all use rifles, and then switch to a gnasher pack, the match is pretty much over unless the other team is very well organized and on mics. Two primary weapons is both unrealistic and makes it too easy to just sit there in cover. You now have 8 Gnasher shots. Better grab some ammo or replace your snub. It makes people play more, move more, risk more, which gives a little more precedence to the rifles, FINALLY.

6. The smaller frag AOE makes the frag spamming really easy to avoid. Just have to be on your toes. And the melee'ing is how it was in Gears 1/2. It again makes gnasher rushing riskier. I'm glad for it. So sick of people just absorbing a punch from my 300lb character and gibbing me.

7. Yeah, there aren't many characters. But how many characters were available in Gears 2 right at release?

8. That never happened in past games...