This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can't see Gears of War 4 telling any story worth following.

#11xiTz_RyaNx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 12:20:48 PM
TrickyPony posted...
Extraspectre posted...
TrickyPony posted...
Extraspectre posted...
TrickyPony posted...
that's why you're not a writer

I challenge you to come up with a feasible solution to the corner they've written themselves into.

No matter what reason they give, if they bring the locust back it's gonna seem like a flimsy retcon. They got themselves into this mess when they used a poorly written deus ex machina plot twist.

Not that I'm complaining about the possibility of a proper gears sequel so long as it ends up being more like Gears 3 than judgement.

okay. Challenge not accepted.

Exactly.

ummm, yeah. Not sure what you think you proved. I hope I don't have to tell you that I'm not a writer either. Like others have said I'll leave it up to professionals and people who have experience writing scripts and stories that attract fans. You or the TC being unable to comprehend a successful followup does very little to worry me about the prospects of Gears 4

I'm pretty sure that at this point, I could scribe a better game than PFC and EPIC after how they spun this series out with Judgement.
---
Saying I'm one of the best is just rude. All the people who don't agree look stupid then, and I don't want to make everyone feel stupid. (GT)- GotMyProSocksOn
#12CounterpwntPosted 4/1/2013 12:31:17 PM
Well, prior to E-Day, humanity was at war with one another. I can see a game detailing the process to draw governmental boundaries again, with the governments of Sera beginning to fight again, with a new squad of characters. Perhaps an entirely new threat; or some offspring from Locust-Human coupling rising up after 60 years or something.

Or something involving another planet/an invading race.
#13ExtraspectrePosted 4/1/2013 12:31:39 PM
TrickyPony posted...
Extraspectre posted...
TrickyPony posted...
Extraspectre posted...
TrickyPony posted...

I challenge you to come up with a feasible solution to the corner they've written themselves into.

No matter what reason they give, if they bring the locust back it's gonna seem like a flimsy retcon. They got themselves into this mess when they used a poorly written deus ex machina plot twist.

Not that I'm complaining about the possibility of a proper gears sequel so long as it ends up being more like Gears 3 than judgement.

okay. Challenge not accepted.

Exactly.

ummm, yeah. Not sure what you think you proved. I hope I don't have to tell you that I'm not a writer either. Like others have said I'll leave it up to professionals and people who have experience writing scripts and stories that attract fans. You or the TC being unable to comprehend a successful followup does very little to worry me about the prospects of Gears 4

What I'm saying, is that there is no GOOD way of going about bringing back the locust for a direct sequel to Gears 3. It doesn't matter if a professional comes up with it or not. You don't just go "herp we built a deathray that killed every locust and lambent on the planet, all antagonists are dead now - the end".

How do you drag them back after that? "Well turns out some of them were wearing wizard armor". As far as narrative integrity goes, whatever excuse they give is just gonna be a retcon of the Gears 3 ending and seem like a cheap plot twist to give the game an excuse to release again.

Again, I'm not against a sequel, but they wrote themselves into a corner for sure.
---
Gamefaqs: The most passive aggressive place on the internet.
#14Reel_Big_MikePosted 4/1/2013 1:29:13 PM
xiTz_RyaNx posted...
I'm pretty sure that at this point, I could scribe a better game than PFC and EPIC after how they spun this series out with Judgement.

Well just know that, actually, you can't.
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.
#15xiTz_RyaNx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 1:40:11 PM
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
xiTz_RyaNx posted...

Because I don't have a huge gaming company behind me? It doesn't take money to become a writer for a game or a movie, a game or movie requires a writer for money, and I can confidently say that if Epic games contacted me, their next game would be written much better than Judgement.
---
Saying I'm one of the best is just rude. All the people who don't agree look stupid then, and I don't want to make everyone feel stupid. (GT)- GotMyProSocksOn
#16TheDawnRiderPosted 4/1/2013 1:42:47 PM
TrickyPony posted...

Like the Gears writers are even good lol.. The stories and dialogue in these games always sucked really bad.
#17xiTz_RyaNx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 1:45:08 PM
TheDawnRider posted...
TrickyPony posted...

Like the Gears writers are even good lol.. The stories and dialogue in these games always sucked really bad.

And they handed the series over to the crew who wrote Bulletstorm of all games...when that game clearly had stellar dialogue.
---
#18Satchmo25Posted 4/1/2013 2:00:52 PM
xiTz_RyaNx posted...
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
xiTz_RyaNx posted...

Because I don't have a huge gaming company behind me? It doesn't take money to become a writer for a game or a movie, a game or movie requires a writer for money, and I can confidently say that if Epic games contacted me, their next game would be written much better than Judgement.

Well it's one reason. Another big factor is because you don't have any talent. You're a scrub whining on a message board. If you had any writing talent you'd be...... get ready for it...... WRITING!
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#19xiTz_RyaNx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 2:05:17 PM
Satchmo25 posted...
xiTz_RyaNx posted...
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
xiTz_RyaNx posted...

Well it's one reason. Another big factor is because you don't have any talent. You're a scrub whining on a message board. If you had any writing talent you'd be...... get ready for it...... WRITING!

Oh but I am, just not games that are comparable to sh***ing the bed.
---
#20lnknprk_45Posted 4/1/2013 2:10:58 PM
BigJohnWV04 posted...
Red_Magic336 posted...
I thought they said that this was the last Gears of War game...

I thought they said for GoW3 too.

GoW3 was the last in that trilogy dealing with Marcus. Judgment is just there for the purpose of having another Gears game without starting anything new. There will be a Gears RTS game in the future. There will be more Gears games. It's like Halo. The universe has been created, and the story can continue without the main character that we all are used to.