This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The one thing that disappoints about Gears of War...

#1GodzillaDude28Posted 6/1/2013 7:46:33 AM
I've been a huge fan of Gears of War since the first game. I have most of the comic books that came out and all the novels. I'm currently reading the latest novel called The Slab. And of course I enjoy playing Judgement. However the one thing about playing the games that really disappoints me is the fact that the song Gears of War sung by Megadeth is in none of the games. It was that song that made me wanna play the first Gears of War game in the first place because I love listening to metal music and Megadeth is my favorite band. But instead all we get was a Gears of War song sung by Ice T. Don't get me wrong, I love that song too, but Megadeth wrote Gears of War like back in 2006 or 2007 when the first game was around. They could've at least put Megadeth's song in the 2nd Gears game.
#2KakkaKarrotKakePosted 6/1/2013 1:26:46 PM
....really?
#3YoungBarry87Posted 6/1/2013 2:01:14 PM
Maybe EPIC didn't like the song? Maybe they considered "Mad World" the Gears theme and adding another popular song may have taken away from this?

I don't know, pretty lame thing to be disappointed over anyway man.
---
Last Rebel 1987. Formally known as YoungBarry87. I'm an IIICE COLD killer ;)
#4crynryanPosted 6/1/2013 5:49:59 PM(edited)
The Ice T song was commissioned by Epic. The Megadeth one wasn't.

CliffyB also probably likes Ice more than Dave.
---
This feels warm. What is this feeling? Is it of warmth?
#5AngryOldFeralPosted 6/7/2013 5:00:14 PM
That Gears of War song by Bodycount (Ice T's side project) is the worst. Good ****ing lord is it bad. I remember trying to sit through the credits of Gears 3 hoping for one of those Metal Gear Solid-esque twist endings (Ocelot: ..."MISTER PRESIDENT!")... then I heard it.

Anything beginning with: "Coaarrrghlisshion of Orrrderghhed Goveerrghhnments!!!" should've been a sign for me to just turn off my Xbox right there.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity