This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would I like GoW 3 or is it more of the same?

#1Flub-A-DubPosted 8/15/2013 3:24:09 PM
I played Gears of War 1 and it was ok, nothing memorable. Played Gears of War 2 and it got tiring shooting those bullet sponges for hours on end. I liked the start where you're really in a war with your comrades, like the bit with the steampunk tanks, and the bit inside the worm was a highlight, but by the last few hours I was wanting it to end, and it would never end. The last few minutes were kinda anticlimactic anyway.

Should I bother with GoW 3?
---
http://i.picasion.com/pic52/73c455f506b63bc97edbe44d937724f2.gif
#2singhellotakuPosted 8/15/2013 5:10:41 PM
They are all pretty much the same, 3 is probably the best, but don't expect much more than what you got with 1. 3 lets you play multiplayer against bots and has a far more coherent if still underdeveloped, story than 1. Horde mode is also pretty fantastic in 3 and wasn't in 1 or Judgment at all.
#3xdc321xPosted 8/16/2013 5:26:23 AM
The only way to find out if you'll like it or not is just to play the game. Everyone on this forum has there opinions about the game. Just play it and then give it a review..
---
What Do All The Ninjas Do Before They Go To Bed?....They Check Their Closet For RYU HAYABUSA.
#4git2thechoppaPosted 8/16/2013 6:23:10 AM
xdc321x posted...
The only way to find out if you'll like it or not is just to play the game. Everyone on this forum has there opinions about the game. Just play it and then give it a review..

No, because this isn't a random 'recommend me a game!' or a thread that just says 'will I like this game?'. Read a thread's first post before posting in it yourself.

Thanks for that amazing insight anyway, Socrates.
---
I went to GameFAQs and all I got was this lousy sig.
#5JiZjAzPosted 8/16/2013 7:56:20 AM
Play 3 first, it's cheaper and the story roughly picks up where you left off, it is also slightly better then Judgement IMO.
---
[I broke the dam at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6gameslickerPosted 8/16/2013 7:57:23 AM
in all honesty, it is the same just really more refined. if you thought 1 was ok and 2 was decent, then dont bother with 3 (although the game is really cheap for used at gamestop).

also, dont bother with judgment either.
#7Flub-A-Dub(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 11:16:28 AM
singhellotaku posted...
They are all pretty much the same, 3 is probably the best, but don't expect much more than what you got with 1. 3 lets you play multiplayer against bots and has a far more coherent if still underdeveloped, story than 1. Horde mode is also pretty fantastic in 3 and wasn't in 1 or Judgment at all.

gameslicker posted...
in all honesty, it is the same just really more refined. if you thought 1 was ok and 2 was decent, then dont bother with 3 (although the game is really cheap for used at gamestop).

also, dont bother with judgment either.

Fair enough. It'd be one of those games I'd play if there wasn't so many games out there already that I'd prefer to play. :P I got GoW 1 and 2 super cheap during Game's administration sale, but now it'll be one of those games I'll keep if I get it as a freebie then.

xdc321x posted...

I have no idea why you posted.

JiZjAz posted...
Play 3 first, it's cheaper and the story roughly picks up where you left off, it is also slightly better then Judgement IMO.

First?
---
#8JiZjAzPosted 8/17/2013 1:54:15 PM
Flub-A-Dub posted...
JiZjAz posted...

First?

first[ furst ]
adjective
1. being before all others with respect to time, order, rank, importance, etc., used as the ordinal number of one: the first edition; the first vice president.
2. highest or chief among several voices or instruments of the same class: first alto; first horn.
---
#9JiZjAzPosted 8/17/2013 2:00:31 PM
Or would you prefer me to have typed it as 1st?
---
#10Flub-A-Dub(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 9:39:56 AM
JiZjAz posted...
Flub-A-Dub posted...
JiZjAz posted...

First?

first[ furst ]
adjective
1. being before all others with respect to time, order, rank, importance, etc., used as the ordinal number of one: the first edition; the first vice president.
2. highest or chief among several voices or instruments of the same class: first alto; first horn.

JiZjAz posted...
Or would you prefer me to have typed it as 1st?

You had to look in a dictionary to find out what 'first' meant. Enough said.
---