This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Characters Cheaper than Aesthetics?

#1Ace_of_DuskPosted 8/25/2013 7:57:08 PM
Why are legit characters cheaper than being able to change the color of your gun and character? It's cool but it makes you not want the skins at all making it more obvious that Epic Games or Microsoft over prices their stuff for more profit. Really?!
---
"MAN I LOVE THE CORPS!"- Sgt. Apone
XBL GT: Ace of Dusk
#2crynryanPosted 8/25/2013 10:51:20 PM
Most of the characters were made for Gears 3 (save for Alex Brand, she's new), and as such were simply kept in the data which allowed them to be playable. So there was hardly any work done to them, which they were nice enough to let people download them for a cheaper price.

The weapon/armor skins, however, are all new. The static ones only require one frame, while the animated ones require multiple frames. That's why there's a dollar increase in the animated/non-animated skins. But overall they're more expensive because more work was done on them then the characters.
---
This feels warm. What is this feeling? Is it of warmth?
#3DXLR8RPosted 9/3/2013 4:17:54 PM
Probably because they were pre-order/free before they hit the marketplace.

Either way, as much as I love Gears, I never bought a weapon or character skin so I got to avoid questioning things like this, there shouldn't be a price on stuff like this.
---
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N II - ||=|| /-\ |_ {{3}} all I need - also known as Skilotonn at TeamXbox