All about Ascending

#11TyrianMollusk(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2013 12:29:28 AM
GodsGunslinger posted...
So do you have the answer for this question or is it just for us to mull over?

Well, it's information I'm missing, in case anyone else knows or finds out. Knowing what's missing is part of knowing what you know :)

Anyway, I have some more answers.

When you transcend, you do get a champion, like with ascending.

Items/customizations you buy in character creation do stay bought even after transcending.

I saw someone say the transcend emblems weren't implemented or something, so I don't know what you are supposed to get or if it's somehow better than just getting the next ascending emblem. That's a ways off for me, if I'll even get that much out of the game.

As far as champions, yes there is at least another benefit. Today, for the first time, I got an income message from my crusading champions. Apparently, the 7 points they hold earned me 340 souls. So, you do get souls from them succeeding out there, though I have no idea on what time frame that happens, or how much it takes to become a benefit one might actually care about. The crusading system seems to be half-baked and dysfunctional as yet, so flakiness and guessing abound.

I don't understand the strategy to using my ascended champions. I try to remember to frequently send them to invade but can never really determine any success/failure. Occasionally, I see a number change in their stats, but typically it's just "1 death" or "1 points controlled". What does all that do/mean?

Well, you know your champions are the npcs that come into other people's games, so their stats reflect their success at that.
Altars taken -- how many times that champion has successfully taken an altar on a player's map, either through defeating the defending player or through not being opposed (they do seem to have a knack for invading while you are in a dungeon).
Shrines taken -- same as above, but for shrines.
Kills -- number of times your champion killed a player
Deaths -- number of times your champion has been killed by players
Crusade points -- no idea where this number comes from
Points controlled -- how many altars and shrines this champion currently holds on players' maps.

If the stats were updated usefully (like actually telling you the last few battles and their results), and the crusade system flowing, you'd be able to see the results of sending a champion. As it is, there isn't really any capacity for strategy on sending out your champion (aside from knowing that taking a point with a village will be a lot harder), though you definitely do not want to send them to a different location before they get to the last one you sent them at, or you'll just keep them at the back of the invasion line. Since the game gives you no useful info about your invasions, I've no idea how to manage that.

BTW, you can get kills/deaths in more ways than just fighting for shrines and altars. My new champion suddenly had 7 kills and 1 death, with no altars or shrines taken and no points controlled. I assume this means he appeared in somebody's dungeon and killed them seven times before they got him and moved on. Good for him, but I wish it had been an altar or shrine :(
#12weapon_d00d816Posted 10/19/2013 11:24:44 AM
So you get a Transcend emblem on your last character, not one of the regular ascension emblems? So how will I know what it is for each of them?
---
http://i.imgur.com/FD7Xp.gif
SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG
#13TyrianMollusk(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 3:41:56 PM
weapon_d00d816 posted...
So you get a Transcend emblem on your last character, not one of the regular ascension emblems? So how will I know what it is for each of them?

Sounds like you'll have to wait until they are implemented to get answers. Right now, you just get regular emblems, from what I've read. No idea how they are going to handle the people that transcend before they implement the transcend emblems.

Oh, another bit of transcending hearsay: supposedly, you get an additional legacy pillar (to use when ascending) for each time you transcend.
#14weapon_d00d816Posted 10/20/2013 3:44:14 PM
TyrianMollusk posted...
weapon_d00d816 posted...

Sounds like you'll have to wait until they are implemented to get answers. Right now, you just get regular emblems, from what I've read. No idea how they are going to handle the people that transcend before they implement the transcend emblems.

Oh, another bit of transcending hearsay: supposedly, you get an additional legacy pillar (to use when ascending) for each time you transcend.

So you get both an ascension and transcension emblem? (But not right now, since they don't have the transcension emblems)

This is really important to me. Transcending does get you the ascending emblem of your last character?
---
SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG
#15TyrianMollusk(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 6:27:30 PM
Like I said, I have no idea how they are going to handle that. If you want to ask the developers questions, you'll have more luck on the company's forum than here, but if they were interested in answering these questions yet, we'd probably know more already.

Forum here:
http://www.signalstudios.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?19-Ascend-Hand-of-Kul
#16weapon_d00d816Posted 10/22/2013 5:24:01 PM
I would post on the official forums, but it's been 12 days without receiving a confirmation email for my account...
---
#17Casul346Posted 10/22/2013 10:43:51 PM
TyrianMollusk posted...
You gain three things for Ascending: an Emblem, new Legacy equipment, and an Ascended champion that the game will send at other players as ghost/npc.

How does it do that?
---
The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. - Barack Obama
#18TyrianMollusk(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 5:38:04 PM
Casul346 posted...
How does it do that?

You mean the ghost/npc champion thing? No one really knows for sure (and the developers clearly haven't worked it out very well yet). There are queues your champion waits in before it gets thrown into someone's game. You can pick what map point your champion attacks (switch your map to the global map, select a point you control in your game, and choose a champion to invade there against others), but it sounds like changing the point will drop your guy back in the queue, so you don't want to do that "too much" (no idea what the parameters might be, there).

That whole subsystem is a mess of unanswered questions and half-baked development. I wouldn't think much about it for a while. Your guys will invade even if you don't do anything.
#19Casul346Posted 10/25/2013 4:40:51 AM
TyrianMollusk posted...
Casul346 posted...
How does it do that?

You mean the ghost/npc champion thing? No one really knows for sure (and the developers clearly haven't worked it out very well yet). There are queues your champion waits in before it gets thrown into someone's game. You can pick what map point your champion attacks (switch your map to the global map, select a point you control in your game, and choose a champion to invade there against others), but it sounds like changing the point will drop your guy back in the queue, so you don't want to do that "too much" (no idea what the parameters might be, there).

That whole subsystem is a mess of unanswered questions and half-baked development. I wouldn't think much about it for a while. Your guys will invade even if you don't do anything.

About what I figured, the system is ass.

Just a crappy way to remove 5 or 6 levels from your character so the game lasts longer and you can pay-to-cheat more.

Yawn.
---
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure."
- Barack Obama 2006