A tip for anyone having a problem with item durability wasting many souls.

#1ElectricFoxLexPosted 10/6/2013 5:22:40 PM
Repair your items constantly. Don't wait until they're at 50% or lower. Repair them at 95% to 90% left.

It cost very little amount of souls, and you have saved a lot more souls for items, or spells. Plus it makes having to deal with broken weapons, or armor no problem at all.

Hopes this helps all you Caos.
---
The Fox with some electric powers.
"Rero rero rero rero rero rero" - Noriaki Kakyoin
#2DogmaAddictPosted 10/6/2013 5:30:20 PM
Or you can purchase the gear protection for 10k souls and it makes it so you don't have to repair for 30minutes. Well worth it imo especially when you get into the high levels.
#3blazinapplePosted 10/6/2013 5:36:49 PM
pick void get all cooldown and magic att. up perm. buffs and blast fools with magic.

dont repair but use chest only items, break em, sell em. find more chests. repeat process.

dont repair, when its about to break upgrade. increases durability from what ive been seeing.

i kind of want to say repairing at 90-95% saves no real amount of souls compared to repairing at 30%. it all looks the same to me.

truly to save souls. pick void. magic dont break and all void spells are devastating to enemies.
---
vote for pedro
#4ElectricFoxLex(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 5:47:54 PM
blazinapple posted...
pick void get all cooldown and magic att. up perm. buffs and blast fools with magic.

dont repair but use chest only items, break em, sell em. find more chests. repeat process.

dont repair, when its about to break upgrade. increases durability from what ive been seeing.

i kind of want to say repairing at 90-95% saves no real amount of souls compared to repairing at 30%. it all looks the same to me.

truly to save souls. pick void. magic dont break and all void spells are devastating to enemies.

Not everyone is gonna pick Void, and those who don't can read the tip I posted.

Using chest only itens only is like half and half. The idea can work, but you're gonna deal with more broken iteams and my not get an item for a certain section.

Upgrading is kinda useless when you can find better items when progressing.

There is a difference when repairing at different precentages. It cost lost if you repair at high precentage and pay more when low.

But if you wanna do all that, no one is stopping you.
---
#5ElectricFoxLex(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 5:49:50 PM
DogmaAddict posted...
Or you can purchase the gear protection for 10k souls and it makes it so you don't have to repair for 30minutes. Well worth it imo especially when you get into the high levels.

That would be for personal choice. Would you use 10k souls for gear protection or use it for armor, weapons, or spells.
---
#6HaZii_HaLoPosted 10/6/2013 10:48:30 PM
It is a good tip if you find a really nice weapon that you don't wanna spend a buttload of souls repairing.

I wouldn't even bother repairing my armor after a while, you went through it so quickly it was hardly worth it, I would wear whatever I found in chests. I only died a few time thru my playthru, was even wearing trash armor during final battle (if you can even call it that).
---
360 GT - HaZiiHaLo
#7TyrianMolluskPosted 10/6/2013 11:53:21 PM
Do you have any evidence that repairs actually cost less at higher percentages? I know the total repair cost is less, because you have less repair to do, but I think you are paying the same per unit of durability restored. Your way just repairs a lot more often and covers up the cost rather than doing it all at once.

I stopped repairing unless I'm having to stretch something waiting for chests to cough up a replacement.
#8Khopesh-NebulaPosted 10/7/2013 2:02:47 AM
achieve max level, find the gear you wanna ascend with and take that gear to your new max level where you will find more gear for the following ascending.

doing that will give you more souls then you would lose eventually, i get around 200,000+ per day now just doing dungeons.
obviously you can still repair but be careful if you got a gold head piece, those are pricey to repair.

oh and don't forget about the two 10 floor dungeons, extremely nice amount of money and souls earned there.
first one's details are @ the main menu in game, no info stands about the dungeon illuminated path though which also has 10 floors at the moment.
---
GT: Khopesh Nebula
#9Scotty_DelialPosted 10/7/2013 5:42:46 AM
ElectricFoxLex posted...
DogmaAddict posted...

That would be for personal choice. Would you use 10k souls for gear protection or use it for armor, weapons, or spells.

I buy that 10k armor protections constantly. Considering a great combo multiplier of x5 and you kill an ogre? That's like. 10k in souls right here. I'm surprised the community isn't using it more. I've never really upgraded my weapons kn the entire game, rather save my money for newer gear, and even then, I'll hardly spend, because transcending takes away all your gear, as well as your spell levels and power.

10k is way cheaper than gobs of repair costs. I mean, you can spend a third of the money for like, less than ten to a stat, or save souls for things that stick, like customization options.
#10GodsGunslingerPosted 10/9/2013 7:08:57 PM
Great topic.

I repair and upgrade weapons and until now haven't tried out the gear protection. No particular reason, I suppose I just never did the math. However, around level 20 or so, gear does become 4k and more to repair, times 5 pieces, so a 10k protection sounds logically worth it.

It seems the downside would be more about timing, as I don't always have the best gear in each category simultaneously- I find a chest or store item i'd prefer, at different times.

Typically, whatever i'm wearing is the best I see, of course. I always compare the increase in the gear and the cost, between upgrading my item and purchasing a new one. Usually, until upgrading to lvl III or IV, upgrading will give a greater increase and cost less. I like that, as I often have items with runes invested in them and am happy to keep those perks the way I like em.

I also think the cost of repairing is basically the same regardless of when you repair, as it's either 1k five times or 5k one time. However, the difference for me comes into play with the upgrades and finding better equipment. Sometimes I may not need to repair an item before I find a better one. Sometimes, instead of repairing at all, I'll upgrade- often when it's at lvl I or II, it's an easy call for an extra 50 pts or so in it's stat. I rarely deal with broken equipment, but since it glows red, it's pretty obvious and doesn't really make a difference. Especially since I can jump into my menu any time and be unaffected by the game.

So new method to try for me; Wear items down. Upgrade (if worth it, or purchase better if available). With new upgrade, purchase equipment protection. Probably skip an entire set of repairs. Re-evaluate items when below 30% again. ;)