Thoughts on Fisher (story spoilers) + other characters

#147paynePosted 1/8/2014 3:34:31 PM
So yeah, just finished the game, im not going to comment on voice acting of Fisher, but the character, i just found him to a...well, jerk, i always saw Fisher as a cool calm guy, i liked the changes they made to him in Conviction and DA but this time, he just seemed like a jerk.

on the plus side, im beginning to like Grim even more, liked how strong her character was.

Briggs is also another nice addition to the team but felt that his background is underdeveloped, loved how they sneaked him in the last level, and the FPS level.

And how could i forget Charlie... i hate The Big Bang Theory and i don't want it in my splinter cell.

other than that, i enjoyed the game a lot, very fun, nothing like the old games, but i dont care as long as the game is good.
#2SquareRoundPosted 1/9/2014 11:05:56 AM
Yeah, this was a nice new direction for the series. Let's face it, Ubisoft won't do another traditional Splinter Cell, and after Conviction I thought all hope was lost. But it's great that they actually brought stealth back with this one. I liked it.

The only thing that I didn't care about is how they turned Sam Fisher into some random generic action protagonist. The new voice actor does a decent job and everything, but he's no Ironside (that man was capable of making even the most bland line of dialogue imaginable sound badass and thrilling).
---
Eu sairia se estudar mais, ter uma vida social mais ativa e sair de casa não fossem um saco. - Vasconcelos
#347payne(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2014 11:33:45 AM
I know they wont bring Ironside back so im not complaining, but they changed the essence of Fisher as well, they made him into a jerk who doesn't listen to anyone until he screws up.

That i didnt like.
#4trob32Posted 1/10/2014 5:47:47 AM
I pretty much disliked all of the characters with the exception of Briggs. Briggs was the most cool headed and realistic. He also seemed to be the most in control and didn't want to burn any bridges with other agencies.

Sam Fisher was simply a jerk. His character shift is jarring. This was someone who actually seriously questioned the people he was working for before and also some of his own actions, and to see him turn into some kind of oorah the mission always comes first guy was annoying and less interesting than before.

Grimsdottir is pretty much the same thing. She feels nothing like her previous character pre-conviction. I like that she has more of a role in the story, but I dislike that she has pretty much turned into a jerk.

Charlie is simply annoying because he is pretty much an excuse to put all of this stupid technobabble nonsense about hacking and crap in because the story needs magic to happen for it to work.

Kobin. Kobin is Kobin. Just as annoying as he always was.
#547payne(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2014 10:45:23 AM
Oh yeah, Kobin, how could i forget Kobby, i thought his involvement is interesting, and was genuinely funny, HA HA funny to me, which is weird, laughing in a Splinter Cell game, not sure if that a bad thing or a good thing.
#6trob32Posted 1/12/2014 11:40:06 AM
47payne posted...
Oh yeah, Kobin, how could i forget Kobby, i thought his involvement is interesting, and was genuinely funny, HA HA funny to me, which is weird, laughing in a Splinter Cell game, not sure if that a bad thing or a good thing.

Chaos Theory had some pretty good humor in it. Especially when you interrogated guards.
#747payne(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2014 2:30:21 PM
Yeah, humor been there in SP games but its always been subtle. still, i cant hate kobby lol.
#8leon_trunksPosted 1/12/2014 7:30:38 PM
Kobin was great. Briggs was my favorite new character. Charlie should be replaced in the next game.

Here's what I think should happen in the next game:

Fisher becomes leader of Echelon and we play as Briggs the entire time. I felt that Fisher made a good mentor for Briggs. I can see a Lambert/Fisher relationship being mirrored.

Although Fisher is great, I just think that he's done far too many terrorist exploits now and it would only be realistic if he retired or took over as mission commander.
---
My gaming blog - http://thegamecrier.blogspot.com/
#947payne(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 6:00:01 AM
leon_trunks posted...
Kobin was great. Briggs was my favorite new character. Charlie should be replaced in the next game.

Here's what I think should happen in the next game:

Fisher becomes leader of Echelon and we play as Briggs the entire time. I felt that Fisher made a good mentor for Briggs. I can see a Lambert/Fisher relationship being mirrored.

Although Fisher is great, I just think that he's done far too many terrorist exploits now and it would only be realistic if he retired or took over as mission commander.

I like the idea of Fisher taking over and handing the mantle to Briggs, but im sure if Ubi replaces Fisher, its gonna be someone that looks like Zack Efron or one of this new "hip" kids on tv these days.