Tips and tricks?

#1ElfergosPosted 7/20/2014 2:51:39 AM
Just got around to playing this game and finding it tough. I upgraded the cockpit first to give me enemy positions which is a godsend, what should I be looking to upgrade ASAP and are there any better way of dealing with dogs aside from stunning them? Any other tips to getting the hang of this game would be muh appreciated.
#2Mega_SkrullPosted 7/21/2014 2:32:55 AM(edited)
Mega_Skrull posted...
As these guys said, patience and gadgets. Do what I did and use the first Grim mission to train.
A few tips:
-The drone is great, abuse it to lure enemies around with it's decoy noise. Use it, your own noise, or even an indirect gunshot to make enemies move and have them where you want them. The drone's noise is safer than Sam's, his voice gets recognized easy by suspicious enemies.
-If you shoot with a silenced weapon just near an enemy, they won't be alerted, but will freak out and go straight to the position you shot from. Great for long distance luring.
-I dunno about keyboard, but with a controller, the A button makes the drone fly faster.
-Abuse corners, they're the easiest place to eliminate someone. Except for heavies.
-The heavies are annoying, you must attack them from behind, and remember to walk slowly when approaching them, not just fast walk crouched or they'll turn and screw you in the last moment.
-Grind a little money if you need to, the first Grim mission is good for this too. Get some suit upgrades and gadgets.

All that I said in another topic. Upgrades make a huge difference.
Add to those the sonar goggles, they let you see everything. And sniper rifles, they are silenced, have plenty of ammo and are simply great.
Add the crossbow too, it took me a while to buy it cuz I thought I wasn't that interested in another lethal silenced weapon, when it is actually a huge supply of EMP, noisemakers, sleeping gas and shocker arrows. The game should tell you that, it's so damn useful, if not cheap...
---
http://goo.gl/Wg6w0 "=[_]=! Bump some other boobs, will ya?!" - p
"That sounds so perverted, dude. ._." - M
#3Elfergos(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 11:08:32 PM
Does indirect gun fire always bring enemies directly to you or can you for instance shoot the wall behind them to have them turn around and investigate?
#4Mega_SkrullPosted 7/21/2014 11:43:15 PM
Elfergos posted...
Does indirect gun fire always bring enemies directly to you or can you for instance shoot the wall behind them to have them turn around and investigate?

Yeah, you can do that too, but with good care to measure the distances. And there are better tools for that, like the noise makers and the drone. As I said, with the crossbow you get a pretty big amount of those beauties.
---
http://goo.gl/Wg6w0 "=[_]=! Bump some other boobs, will ya?!" - p
"That sounds so perverted, dude. ._." - M