Honestly, this game is more hardcore than RE is.

#31ImGanondorfLolPosted 6/20/2012 1:18:48 PM
Don't give a **** if it's not scary, RE6 looks damn fun. It's not like video games are ever scary anyway, just sometimes thrilling.
#32Diablo56789Posted 6/21/2012 1:24:56 AM
RE6 does look fun, But I wish they did what Dead Space 3 is doing, when you're playing by yourself you literally are, the AI partner isn't there in Dead Space 3 unless you have a person playing with you. I really wish capcom did this in RE5 and RE6, I like the feeling of seclusion when possible.

But it could still be great, The Leon parts look great at least.
---
I've got a gun to your head!
#33Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 6/24/2012 12:03:06 AM
RobJ23 posted...
Crapcom wants to turn RE into a COD clone,

Not really. Plus this game looks alright at best. Even if people refuse to admit it, most of the hype is because it's a shooter on a Nintendo console. If this was on any other system, it wouldn't get this much attention, period.

It's pretty pathetic how gaming has changed. Shooters and violent games are the main focus for almost every big company, due to the teens and college kids. Nintendo shouldn't have to be a sheep and do the same thing.... but sadly they have to. I admit it's not entirely bad... but it's still wrong. Nintendo cant survive on just E rated games anymore, and I dont expect them to. But turning to the shooter genre like this so early on is pathetic.

You have no idea how narrow minded that post makes you appear.
---
music3212.proboards.com
My forum, attempting a revival.
#34Hawke0Posted 6/24/2012 6:57:41 PM
RobJ23 posted...
Crapcom wants to turn RE into a COD clone,

Not really. Plus this game looks alright at best. Even if people refuse to admit it, most of the hype is because it's a shooter on a Nintendo console. If this was on any other system, it wouldn't get this much attention, period.

It's pretty pathetic how gaming has changed. Shooters and violent games are the main focus for almost every big company, due to the teens and college kids. Nintendo shouldn't have to be a sheep and do the same thing.... but sadly they have to. I admit it's not entirely bad... but it's still wrong. Nintendo cant survive on just E rated games anymore, and I dont expect them to. But turning to the shooter genre like this so early on is pathetic.

umm... this is Ubisoft making this, not Nintendo.
---
Conduit 2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
#35Oni_TaedoPosted 6/25/2012 2:56:58 AM
Liwakip posted...
I love how people are critisizing a game noone has played because it isn't scary.

That's because Amnesia: The Dark Descent has severely raised the bar in the scary category.

Chances are, if a game doesn't scare you while watching gameplay of it, it won't scare you while you're playing it.

That being said, no RE is scary, RE6 included.

ZombiU won't be all to scary either.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#36TottentanzPosted 6/25/2012 6:31:59 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Liwakip posted...
I love how people are critisizing a game noone has played because it isn't scary.

That's because Amnesia: The Dark Descent has severely raised the bar in the scary category.

Chances are, if a game doesn't scare you while watching gameplay of it, it won't scare you while you're playing it.

That being said, no RE is scary, RE6 included.

ZombiU won't be all to scary either.

It depends on your definition of "scary."

RE was not that scary and more annoying than anything having to count bullets but having endless opportunity to get the best case scenario by going back to saves to redo if you used one too many bullets or took just a tad too much damage, especially with their later games.

ZombiU might not be scary for the average player beyond an occasional unexpected jump scare, but having no real save to fall back on if you at all become attached to your survivor, the intensity of the game might get to you and cause a different kind of scare or fear. Where this intensity and empathy collide, emotions will become more easily roused as at any moment a horde of zombies may be around the next unexplored corner or some other unique zombie that requires unique tools and methods to kill might jump out and get you if you are not prepared for it.

I suppose "panic" and "anxiety" might be more fitting for what this game will invoke from some, but those feelings can easily be pushed over to other feelings such as being scared especially if you are attached to your survivor and get into the game.
#37Hawke0Posted 6/25/2012 8:36:26 AM
the Leon campaign is sort of a combination of Remake and Re4. :D
the Chris campaign is like RE5 -.-
the Jake campaign is a big ? :)
the reason Capcom is expecting RE6 to sell so well is they're expecting to bring in the old fans in addition to the RE5 ones, and new ones because of the ability to move and shoot. And everyone, a game dose not need restrictive controls to be scary. look at Eternal Darkness:Sanity's Requiem, the greatest classic horror game of all time, whose sanity effects were copied by Amnesia.
---
Conduit 2 FC: 0562-2516-9316