What will happen with the inventory?

#1thefabregas22Posted 6/6/2012 5:03:54 AM
I know the inventory is in real time whilst playing the game so you don't have to pause since it shows up on the gamepad. But what if you use the feature of streaming it too your controller whilst someone else uses the tv what happens to the inventory?
---
Steam thefabregas22
Psn Admiral Classy Xbl Tomzajac200
#2Cloud_MarioPosted 6/6/2012 5:46:03 AM
These are questions I also have about the Wii U in general. With games that use the second screen in-game, what happens when you play the game on the gamepad itself? I wonder if some games will just lock out that feature entirely.
#3TottentanzPosted 6/6/2012 7:22:03 AM
Well, I am not sure you were paying attention to the game play, but if you didnt notice, when you starting interacting with your inventory the main screen went to a third person view while your person slumped over BOB.

A quick and easy fix is just to have a hotkey button to slap you into a menu screen where you can tweak around with your contents while not displaying what is going on around you because you are pre-occupied.

As shown in some of the clips, you need to worry about what is around you before you go and load up on swag or change weapons because in reality, switching weapons from a bag is going to be tricky.

I do wish they would allow people to have a holster for certain weapons or even a sheath, but I understand the mechanics why they might not allow it.

Even the scanner can work in this manner. Tap the button and start panning around and scanning, and this too leaves you vulnerable for sneak attacks from zombies as seen in clips.

As for other games, in the Zelda demo last year, they showed off the hotkey buttons that are on the screen while you played on the controller allowing you to do a quick tap for menu options. This of course might not work with games that rely on the controller too much, but it is an easy fix in this case and many others.
#4ninto55Posted 6/6/2012 11:11:58 AM
I don't think they'd do that and ruin the whole horror bit about looking at 2 different screens. This is the same reason that has been used to say no to different controllers. It would just ruin a big part of the game. I think it will just be disabeled, simple as that. It probably won't even be a common feature in games, just one in a few games. Like a Mario game will have it, being a fairly simple one screen game. Maybe Zelda games will have it and just transition into an old fashioned menu to switch items. Basically when it dosen't ruin the core of the game, it'll let you do it.

Seriously, if you could do it with every game what would you do when the WiiU screen is important for multiplayer? Like that Luigi's Mansion game on the Nintendo Land. Not gonna happen. This game won't let you switch screens.
---
Every Pony is best Pony, Fluttershy is just my favorite.
Remember the Alien Hominid.
#5Nerwrax15Posted 6/6/2012 12:21:12 PM
This might be one game where you can't use that feature.
---
Clash Of Ninja>Ultimate Ninja. Official 4th Raikage of the NSUNSG Board.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nerwrax15