No Online Multiplayer = Pointless and dumb.

#1CrapFactoryPosted 7/20/2012 5:12:41 PM
So they've stated that the multiplayer won't have online because they want people to be in the same room.

This is idiotic, lazy and just stupid. There's no logical reasoning. Left4Dead is awesome when you're not in the same room. Viewing the reactions in real time of the faces of people is overrated and not necessary.

I was considering buying this game. Now there's no way. And the only launch WiiU game that I initially had interest in has become disappointing to me now...
---
Pokemon White FC: 4427 0884 0916
#2TottentanzPosted 7/20/2012 6:01:54 PM
CrapFactory posted...
So they've stated that the multiplayer won't have online because they want people to be in the same room.

This is idiotic, lazy and just stupid. There's no logical reasoning. Left4Dead is awesome when you're not in the same room. Viewing the reactions in real time of the faces of people is overrated and not necessary.

I was considering buying this game. Now there's no way. And the only launch WiiU game that I initially had interest in has become disappointing to me now...

Wow, well I dont think anyone will loose sleep over your opinion, but since you wanted to make it public, obviously you wanted our thoughts on your opinion.

L4D? Really? That game is sort of a survival game, but it is not really a survival horror game. Going by what you are stating, you seem to not grasp what they were talking about for the on-couch game play.

The on-couch bit is to pit a person controlling zombie spawns(game pad) against a person who is trying to survive while, in at least the videos, trying to capture points on the map. I am explaining this to you because your choice to bring up L4D which has co-op based online with the option of a form of VS with zombies vs humans though it is not quite the same as being the director vs survivor which was shown as the new Pro controller vs game pad.

As for you pawing at the idea that somehow this game may be better by having some form of online where players interact, that would only devolve the game to what L4D is or turn it into that DAYZ game where zombies are often the least of your worries with survivors often killing other survivors just for gear and to be pricks to each other.

Now getting angry that this is not a L4D clone is kind of sad, but actually coming to the board to vocalize that is quite pointless other than to be chastised for your opinion and ridiculed for how uninformed it sounds.

Yes, L4D and L4D2 are okay games, but they are not the same game as ZombiU. I would also like to add that online modes are not all that important if the actual game itself is actually good, and I often wonder how good certain games would have been if developers did not try a cheap cash in by tossing in online modes.
#3Hawke0Posted 7/20/2012 7:49:27 PM
this is the new generation of gamers. Forget having good single player campaigns - all they want is *** instantly gratifying online multiplayer.
---
Conduit 2 FC: 0562-2516-9316-name Hawke
#4CrapFactory(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2012 9:10:36 PM
Tottentanz posted...
CrapFactory posted...

Wow, well I dont think anyone will loose sleep over your opinion, but since you wanted to make it public, obviously you wanted our thoughts on your opinion.

L4D? Really? That game is sort of a survival game, but it is not really a survival horror game. Going by what you are stating, you seem to not grasp what they were talking about for the on-couch game play.

The on-couch bit is to pit a person controlling zombie spawns(game pad) against a person who is trying to survive while, in at least the videos, trying to capture points on the map. I am explaining this to you because your choice to bring up L4D which has co-op based online with the option of a form of VS with zombies vs humans though it is not quite the same as being the director vs survivor which was shown as the new Pro controller vs game pad.

As for you pawing at the idea that somehow this game may be better by having some form of online where players interact, that would only devolve the game to what L4D is or turn it into that DAYZ game where zombies are often the least of your worries with survivors often killing other survivors just for gear and to be pricks to each other.

Now getting angry that this is not a L4D clone is kind of sad, but actually coming to the board to vocalize that is quite pointless other than to be chastised for your opinion and ridiculed for how uninformed it sounds.

Yes, L4D and L4D2 are okay games, but they are not the same game as ZombiU. I would also like to add that online modes are not all that important if the actual game itself is actually good, and I often wonder how good certain games would have been if developers did not try a cheap cash in by tossing in online modes.

Nothing you said is intelligent and I never demanded a L4D clone. It's irrelevant that they're not the same (and I hope they aren't). There's literally no relevant or logical reason to not have online multiplayer. None at all. If you say there is like they are you're bull crapping and just mistaken to the point of idiocy.
---
#5CrapFactory(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2012 9:32:49 PM
Hawke0 posted...
this is the new generation of gamers. Forget having good single player campaigns - all they want is *** instantly gratifying online multiplayer.

I'm 27. lol....
---
#6Hawke0Posted 7/20/2012 10:16:29 PM
CrapFactory posted...
Hawke0 posted...

I'm 27. lol....

If you think a game is pointless without online multiplayer, I seriously doubt that.
---
Conduit 2 FC: 0562-2516-9316-name Hawke
#7CrapFactory(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2012 10:40:29 PM
Hawke0 posted...
CrapFactory posted...
Hawke0 posted...

I'm 27. lol....

If you think a game is pointless without online multiplayer, I seriously doubt that.

You're great at putting words in other peoples mouths. I want to know where I said that.
---
#8TottentanzPosted 7/20/2012 11:41:05 PM(edited)
Except you specifically stated that your interest went away when you found out it had no online multiplayer, and that actually makes no sense to demand something the developers never promised.

What are you expecting? Blops Zombie mode then? Ubisoft did not at any time offer it as an option, so why expect it? What are you expecting?

The actual game itself is a survival horror game, and any multiplayer including other players would either result in a VS mode, L4D clone, or DAYZ which none of those modes are anything close to what the actual game is about.

Were you hoping for an online version of director vs player? That mode is not exactly big enough to justify putting it to online.

Your expectations were ludicrous if you expected some online mode, and the recent criticisms of Dead Space 3 should let you know that some form of online co-op does seem to cheapen the idea of a survival horror game, even one that is not quite as hardcore as ZombiU.

As for insulting me as opposed to actually addressing my points just goes to show how little thought you have put into your own words to start off with. You brought up L4D, you brought in the comparison and expectation without example other than L4D, so it is your shortcomings that brings us to assume that you expect something similar.

Ubisoft went down the smart route where the online influence is limited to friends' zombies spawning in when they die, messages being left to warn or help, and that is it. The actual addition of multiplayer would do nothing for the game, and I would argue that games with an online multiplayer focus tend to lack a central plot in their actual game. I would also, in some cases, argue that the developers sacrificed their attention on the actual game in order to shove in an online multiplarer that made no sense.

I see no valid points for online multiplayer for a game like this, and your lack of argument for online multiplayer other than it is expected is truly lacking substance. Online multiplayer makes little to no sense for this game unless you want some clone of what has come before it, and then you would not be happy because it was not more like one game or another on how they handled it. It sounds more like you are complaining about a game just to complain rather than someone who had genuine interest in the actual game otherwise you would have never had a pre-expectation for online multiplayer considering they never once mentioned it.

So until you can actually come up with a logical argument to have online multiplayer as an expectation other than you believe it is the "norm," your opinion is kind of off base and ridiculous especially when you compare the game to L4D then turn around and say you never asked for a L4D clone; like I said earlier, this is a survival horror game unlike L4D where it is just a survival game which can lend itself to multiplayer much easier.
#9TottentanzPosted 7/20/2012 11:33:23 PM
Hawke0 posted...

Pretty pathetic isnt it?

Considering what the game is, I cant imagine anyone actually having a serious expectation for any online, and the actual multiplayer mode was probably put in there because of RED from the original game they were intending to make.

I cant imagine an online multiplayer for this game that wouldnt make it a clone of what was done before it such as Blops, L4D, or DAYZ.
#10Stefan1277Posted 7/21/2012 12:29:28 AM
Let's see... games that didn't have online but were forced to in order to get simplistic idiots who only care about online to sell more include games like Mass Effect, Dead Space, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, The Darkness, Uncharted (after all, it's a movie. multiplayer? pff), Deux Ex, Ninja Gaiden 3...

Believe it or not there's people that care for story and a solid gameplay that doesn't need to get slaughtered to hell and back to get a multiplayer mode going. Some games need it, some games don't. This doesn't.

This is a zombie survival, not a zombie shooter.

Also, there's online! a very unique online mode actually:

MERCY KILLER When your character gets infected, your online friends are alerted of your death and can come and hunt down your zombified character to loot the gear in your BOB and put you out of your misery!

source (unlike you): ...the zombiU website.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434