No Online Multiplayer = Pointless and dumb.

#71Hawke0Posted 9/8/2012 6:58:24 AM
PyroSpark posted...
Hawke0 posted...
the TC trolls several of the Wii U boards.

I don't think he's trolling. A game with multiplayer gives the game an easy however many years worth of replay value. This type of game needs multiplayer. >_>

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120229204549/dragonballfanon/images/c/cc/Facepalm_gif.gif
liamx2000 posted...
Single player rocks. The end.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/322/487/7ef.jpg
---
Conduit 2 FC: 0562-2516-9316-name Hawke
#72TottentanzPosted 9/8/2012 9:01:44 AM
milky105p posted...
Tottentanz posted...
PyroSpark posted...
Hawke0 posted...
the TC trolls several of the Wii U boards.

I don't think he's trolling. A game with multiplayer gives the game an easy however many years worth of replay value. This type of game needs multiplayer. >_>

Except you dont expect multiplayer for survival horror games, do you?

There are some written and unwritten rules about horror, and being in a group is not as scary as the feeling of isolation.

As for throwing in a rush job online mode, would that not just cheapen the game and seem tacked on. I have read plenty of reviews where the online feels unoriginal or tacked on where it detracted from the actual game.

So, does it really need multiplayer to be a good game? No. I would rather not see it turn into some a DayZ clone or some survival game like L4D.

its just another addition that adds more value to pitching 60 bucks for a game and getting for replay out of it. granted this seems like a pretty solid deal to get a game 15-20 hours of singleplay, with dynamic events and supposed multiple endings, but adding a fun multiplay on top of that just adds to it ya know. its fun to have local play, but sometimes you cant physically have people over or some people just dont have friends or time to have people over and have to resort to online play with friends if they choose to play multiplayer. overall I agree, this is a survival game and the single play SHOULD be the focus for the gamer and developers. its what im most looking forward to, playing late at night by myself or with someone in the complete dark with headphones in.

Responding to both your posts on this one.

It is not just a survival game, L4D is a survival game. It is a survival horror game like Silent Hill but with maybe not as creative of a plot and definitely wont have as original creatures as the first few games.

With multiple endings, a hardcore mode where there is no one to spawn back in as, hidden content, and the thrill of taking a high ranking spot on the leader boards with you character, there is plenty of incentive just to play the single player campaign. The couch co-op is likely there because they already showed off RED and had it pretty much ready when the game was still Killer Freaks, which I doubt they would have included any multiplayer like that if it were not for that.

If they were to make an online mode, it will muddy up the waters on what this game is, survival horror. They could end up staying true to the feel of the game which will result in DayZ. They could make it competitive which just lands you with a typical multiplayer. They could give you missions to complete or survivor vs zombie or some form of horde mode which all land it in the L4D clone area.

I really do not see a scenario where an online mode wouldnt detract from the game and turn it to a clone of some other game and lessen the survival horror experience.
#73ender003Posted 9/9/2012 12:12:33 AM
I haven't read beyond the first ten posts, but holy crap you people don't make sense.

Can't imagine the multiplayer being anything other than some bull**** you pulled out of your ass? Here's a crazy idea: since the game already has multiplayer, *gasp*, couldn't the online multiplayer be the same as the offline? OMG! That couldn't possibly detract from the game. Why do so many people automatically think of Call of Duty when they hear online multiplayer? It makes no sense.
---
I've never had McDonald's. And I never will. I have also never had spaghetti.
#74roseknight84Posted 9/9/2012 1:38:10 AM
It's best to let this thread die off. It wasn't productive or really interesting.
---
NARF!
#75Ness0123456789Posted 9/14/2012 4:24:59 PM
So... you people honestly think a multiplayer system done in the vein of Dark Souls or Demon Soul (which is obviously what the game seems to be slightly based off of) would only be detrimental to the game, and not add to it's enjoyment and re-playability.

No, my dear friends, it is not the people that want multiplayer that are ruining gaming, it's people like you who were also likely right there with Nintendo when they said people didn't want Online Gaming, and it was just a fad.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#76Hawke0Posted 9/14/2012 8:03:39 PM
^You should work at EA.
ender003 posted...
I haven't read beyond the first ten posts, but holy crap you people don't make sense.

Can't imagine the multiplayer being anything other than some bull**** you pulled out of your ass? Here's a crazy idea: since the game already has multiplayer, *gasp*, couldn't the online multiplayer be the same as the offline? OMG! That couldn't possibly detract from the game. Why do so many people automatically think of Call of Duty when they hear online multiplayer? It makes no sense.

Would waste time and money, and would you really want to sit down and play the mode they have with some random person for an extended period of time? With the sequel they could build upon the original idea with something more suited to online MP, and I hope they do, but it's fine how it is.
---
#77IRl33TYOPosted 9/16/2012 2:23:56 AM
Tottentanz posted...
Except you specifically stated that your interest went away when you found out it had no online multiplayer, and that actually makes no sense to demand something the developers never promised.

What are you expecting? Blops Zombie mode then? Ubisoft did not at any time offer it as an option, so why expect it? What are you expecting?

The actual game itself is a survival horror game, and any multiplayer including other players would either result in a VS mode, L4D clone, or DAYZ which none of those modes are anything close to what the actual game is about.

Were you hoping for an online version of director vs player? That mode is not exactly big enough to justify putting it to online.

Your expectations were ludicrous if you expected some online mode, and the recent criticisms of Dead Space 3 should let you know that some form of online co-op does seem to cheapen the idea of a survival horror game, even one that is not quite as hardcore as ZombiU.

As for insulting me as opposed to actually addressing my points just goes to show how little thought you have put into your own words to start off with. You brought up L4D, you brought in the comparison and expectation without example other than L4D, so it is your shortcomings that brings us to assume that you expect something similar.

Ubisoft went down the smart route where the online influence is limited to friends' zombies spawning in when they die, messages being left to warn or help, and that is it. The actual addition of multiplayer would do nothing for the game, and I would argue that games with an online multiplayer focus tend to lack a central plot in their actual game. I would also, in some cases, argue that the developers sacrificed their attention on the actual game in order to shove in an online multiplarer that made no sense.

I see no valid points for online multiplayer for a game like this, and your lack of argument for online multiplayer other than it is expected is truly lacking substance. Online multiplayer makes little to no sense for this game unless you want some clone of what has come before it, and then you would not be happy because it was not more like one game or another on how they handled it. It sounds more like you are complaining about a game just to complain rather than someone who had genuine interest in the actual game otherwise you would have never had a pre-expectation for online multiplayer considering they never once mentioned it.

So until you can actually come up with a logical argument to have online multiplayer as an expectation other than you believe it is the "norm," your opinion is kind of off base and ridiculous especially when you compare the game to L4D then turn around and say you never asked for a L4D clone; like I said earlier, this is a survival horror game unlike L4D where it is just a survival game which can lend itself to multiplayer much easier.

This to the tenth degree.
Thank you good sir.
---
---
Ima pro game for the rest of my life see some noobs come in but I ain't giving up the fight ima pro game. /song
#78Semi45aPosted 9/17/2012 10:41:15 AM
you are wrong to think every modern day game needs a multiplayer shoehorned into it. intelligent program design bro.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#79HEDGESMFGPosted 9/18/2012 1:10:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#80Hawke0Posted 9/19/2012 7:14:55 AM
We're not saying it's a good thing, we're saying it doesn't need it, unlike the bro's who think all games need online multiplayer.
---