will they have the origonal game in zombi u

#1tman431Posted 8/12/2012 8:11:20 PM
I am wondering because it would be coll to show the game roots
---
If life gives you lemons squeeze them into your enemies eyes and laugh
#2DonnyKDPosted 8/12/2012 8:34:06 PM
That would actually be a cool reward.

Like, if you see all endings, you'll get the original game.
#3PedroMontanaPosted 8/14/2012 3:13:06 PM
I hope they'll include it. It wouldn't be all that weird for Ubi, they also include the original Prince of Persia in one of the new games.
---
No More Heroes
#4DTY3Posted 8/15/2012 5:23:44 PM
Excuse me, I haven't been following this.
What original game?
---
http://www.backloggery.com/dty16 <----FCs
GE 4813 3424 1557 Quick Man
#5PedroMontanaPosted 8/15/2012 6:31:14 PM
DTY3 posted...
What original game?

Zombi (yes, without an "e") is an adventure game developed and published by Ubisoft which was released on various platforms (Amiga, C64, PC...) in 1989/1990.

While gamefaqs lists various Ubisoft games that were released earlier, it is sometimes called "Ubisoft's first game". I don't know why, perhaps Ubi worked with other companies on the older games, or Ubi didn't own the IP to the other games, or Zombi development started first.

Anyway, this new ZombiU game seems to be an homage to Ubisoft's 80's Zombi game, and seeing how most people don't remember the old game it would be nice if Ubisoft includes it.
---
No More Heroes
#6DTY3Posted 8/15/2012 7:22:18 PM
PedroMontana posted...
DTY3 posted...
What original game?

Zombi (yes, without an "e") is an adventure game developed and published by Ubisoft which was released on various platforms (Amiga, C64, PC...) in 1989/1990.

While gamefaqs lists various Ubisoft games that were released earlier, it is sometimes called "Ubisoft's first game". I don't know why, perhaps Ubi worked with other companies on the older games, or Ubi didn't own the IP to the other games, or Zombi development started first.

Anyway, this new ZombiU game seems to be an homage to Ubisoft's 80's Zombi game, and seeing how most people don't remember the old game it would be nice if Ubisoft includes it.

Ah.

See I just thought it was a random new IP (everyone made it sound like it was)
---
http://www.backloggery.com/dty16 <----FCs
GE 4813 3424 1557 Quick Man
#7andodelPosted 8/17/2012 12:39:42 PM
DTY3 posted...
PedroMontana posted...
DTY3 posted...
What original game?

Ah.

See I just thought it was a random new IP (everyone made it sound like it was)

It might as well be, since Zombi is so old, and shares pretty much nothing in common with Zombiu outside perma death and having zombies.
---
3DS FC= 0774-4348-2965 PM me with your FC if you want to be friends.
#8MelkacPosted 8/21/2012 4:21:45 PM
Hopefully not...I've seen one of the few gameplay videos uploaded to youtube, and it looked pretty damn boring...

They probably will, though.
#9distr0iaPosted 8/23/2012 7:58:24 PM
I had no idea this was based on an older game

the more you know...
#10siegeshotPosted 9/2/2012 11:17:59 PM
Great info here. ty!
---
Next outbreak opportunity for Frank West to cover: RE6 Mercs. Last battle covered: uMvC3. He's covered wars ya know?