It's nice how they're doing what the Dreamcast did with Resident Evils.

#1leon_trunksPosted 8/23/2012 8:01:48 PM
I always thought the Dreamcast arrived way before it's time and seeing this game in action with it's controller-screen interactions brought back memories of me checking the VMU to check my health level when playing RE3.
Dreamcast was my favorite console ever and I'm hoping the WiiU gets some nice titles like DC did to warrant a purchase.

That second level of immersion with the controller screen really fits a survival horror game.
---
Sketch Blog - paperuni.blogspot.com
#2TottentanzPosted 8/23/2012 8:18:37 PM
I want to believe you are on the level about this because the controller goes far above what the DC could ever dream to do.
#3ZBug_Posted 8/23/2012 11:52:38 PM
Yeah the DC screen did almost nothing, it did like one thing in a game.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#4AvatarOfBaganPosted 8/24/2012 11:45:27 PM
Of course it wasn't nearly as impressive as what we have here, but it was the first controller with in-game data displayed on it that I can think of.
---
"Nonsense, Bagan cannot be defeated". - Aliens: Super Godzilla
Kool Frostbyte - XBL gamer tag.
#5BigJuicyOrangePosted 8/28/2012 10:06:44 AM(edited)
Remember Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and Zelda Four Swords Adventures for GC? You could use the GBA as your controller for those games and manage inventory on screen in real time while your friends kept playing. In Zelda you could even go into little mini dungeons on your gba then when you exit you pop right back out on the big screen.

The cost and limited uses didn't make it the best investment, but for those who happened to have the stuff anyway it was a cool feature that really was a lot like the WiiPad.
#6BigJuicyOrangePosted 8/28/2012 10:06:11 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7roseknight84Posted 8/30/2012 1:53:35 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if a resident evil does come to the wiiu at some point. Look at the graphics quility and controls for the 3ds one.