There is no such thing as a neutral game site, and being daft is forever

#1TottentanzPosted 8/25/2012 11:24:54 AM
August 24th
http://www.gamesradar.com/zombiu-footage-shows-permadeath-wiiu-survival-horror/

"We put permadeath in quotation marks because it's not really permadeath if you can regain all of your gear. The dev makes it clear that the character dies permanently, but your backpack/inventory (which is really the soul of any playable character) can be retrieved. We'd love to see a Dark Souls-esque system in which you have only one life to get back to your body, kill your zombified self and retrieve your items before your corpse wanders off forever."

August 15th
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/16/zombiu-proof-that-wii-us-concept-works

"This isnít a game where you try to go toe-to-toe with zombies. There is no overwhelming arsenal to be had, no safe haven that can repeatedly heal you. Death is permanent. While ZombiU features an upgrade system for your abilities and weaponry, if you die, your personal benefits are lost. If youíre lucky, you can maybe recover some of your guns off the reanimated corpse of your former character, but you wonít get everything. And thereís a chance that your blood, sweat and tears will be for nothing, forcing you to confront the fact that your hopes of surviving in this apocalyptic world are terribly, most unfortunately slim."

I know this may not be thread worthy, but I also did not want to bury this in with the other threads and bog them down.

Longtime fans of mine would know my hatred of poor journalism, and it is articles like this that really get the fangs out. Not only is it apparent that the author is making a shoddy comparison with a game with a "similar" feature, but the person failed to even do any research beyond the video shown off in the the thread. I used "similar" because the game brought up is not the only game in the history of time to have permadeaths as a feature in their game, it is just a notoriously cheap game that was built around that "gimmick"/feature. I used "gimmick" because the door swings both ways, and if negative sites want to label features and specifically Nintendo titles as "gimmicks" then the door really goes both ways.

If this person had been on point and had any knowledge of ZombiU then they would never have made that statement. Kind of sad that sites dont moderate their own writers for bias on incompetence.
#2DrRMPosted 8/25/2012 12:13:22 PM
so your zombified self have a limited time on stage or go forever if you die before killing it

right?_?
---
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."
#3Hawke0Posted 8/26/2012 12:12:22 AM
Long time fans? So how long have you been spreading your logic, reason, and facts?
---
Conduit 2 FC: 0562-2516-9316-name Hawke A good description of Capcom http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxmvKj3SJGw&feature=player_detailpage#t=301s
#4Tottentanz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2012 10:59:41 AM
Hawke0 posted...
Long time fans? So how long have you been spreading your logic, reason, and facts?

For some time now, I have chosen to stay mainly off the main board just because I would rather talk about the games. There are still a few people who follow me, and some still message me to come back to the main board.
#5DrRMPosted 8/26/2012 1:37:29 PM
Tottentanz posted...
Hawke0 posted...

For some time now, I have chosen to stay mainly off the main board just because I would rather talk about the games. There are still a few people who follow me, and some still message me to come back to the main board.

and am one of those that miss your walls :D
---
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."
#6spikedwraithPosted 8/26/2012 4:27:24 PM
So you only have one life with each character and when they die you take control of a new character, and you gotta go and find your dead-former-self. Do they randomly generate new characters for you to play or is there a set number of playable characters? If there is a set number then what happens when you get them all killed?
#7DrRMPosted 8/26/2012 5:20:28 PM
spikedwraith posted...
So you only have one life with each character and when they die you take control of a new character, and you gotta go and find your dead-former-self. Do they randomly generate new characters for you to play or is there a set number of playable characters? If there is a set number then what happens when you get them all killed?

they are random and as far as everyone know infinite. Yet, I can see twins taking action FRTHSTHTTRLSCK in the game.
---