This Game is What Resident Evil 6 Should be.

#31ZimbabweBobPosted 10/2/2012 7:50:08 AM
Stefan1277 posted...
2 completely different games. Can't compare them.

It's a zombie survival vs a military action one, they don't even have the same perspective or goals. There's really nothing pointing to make these compete, they have nothing in common.

The point TC is making is that Resident Evil WAS survival horror ( and the 1st major game in that genre I might add), but now it has devolved into a generic 3rd person shooter. Zombii U harkens back to the roots of the Resident Evil series ( i.e not 5 or 6)
---
You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponernt.
MW3 FC:0697-5894-6879 COD BO:1828-2895-7645 MHT:3HYE7P
#32aparkes333Posted 10/3/2012 3:30:42 AM
It does look good, I'm comparing them on this wiki: http://gamewise.co/games/45819/ZombiU

Be a while before I can play both tho.
#33Madness2012Posted 10/3/2012 8:51:31 PM
Hey TC you own the game and system already? That's the only way this topic makes sense....
#34Hawke0Posted 10/6/2012 12:40:37 PM
Ghost193 posted...
RE6 is going to blow this crap out of the water, this is just another churned out garbage ubisoft launch title like Red Steel was on the Wii

What were you saying?
---
Conduit 2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Hawke
I am not dumb but I am stupid!!! -Bio
#35Phasmatis92Posted 10/8/2012 10:55:08 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Ghost193 posted...
RE6 is going to blow this crap out of the water, this is just another churned out garbage ubisoft launch title like Red Steel was on the Wii

What were you saying?

Ghost193 = owned. RE6 turned out to be churned out garbage itself, which was pretty obvious since it's E3 showing. Between RE6 and Operation Raccoon City Capcom have pretty much killed the series.

Hopefully ZombiU will show us how horror SHOULD be done. (Hint: Over-the-top Hollywood setpieces DON'T HELP)
---
The hissy fits about Bayonetta 2 being Wii U exclusive is a sad testament to how entitled, rude, and childish gamers today can be. It makes all gamers look bad.
#36VorgierPosted 10/9/2012 3:02:05 PM(edited)
No, this isn't watch RE6 should be. Resident Evil has a long history of lore and story. This game doesn't. This game doesn't even really have an evolving story. It's a rogue like, if you even know what that is. But I guess people are so blind that they can't see that there is more to a game than just the way it plays.

And what is with people riding RE's nuts? Why don't you fanboys complain about how this is what Dead Island or any other more relevant zombie masher game should be. Because whether you know it or not, RE isn't just a "zombie game". It's bio terrorism. There are more than just your brain dead zombies. It's called evolution. If you had any idea about RE as a whole you'd know this.

You might as well have said "Project Zomboid is what RE6 should be". See how stupid that sounds?
---
OBJECTION!
#37Hawke0Posted 10/9/2012 4:07:27 PM
Phasmatis92 posted...
Hawke0 posted...
Ghost193 posted...

What were you saying?

Ghost193 = owned. RE6 turned out to be churned out garbage itself, which was pretty obvious since it's E3 showing. Between RE6 and Operation Raccoon City Capcom have pretty much killed the series.

Hopefully ZombiU will show us how horror SHOULD be done. (Hint: Over-the-top Hollywood setpieces DON'T HELP)

Well, 'garbage' is an opinion, but it was certainly rushed and was fairly unpolished.
This isn't going to kill Resident Evil though, not by a long shot.
---
#38WhetherMannPosted 10/10/2012 3:49:39 PM
RE has been going down the drain for the last couple installments. me lost interest.
#39maxmansupaPosted 10/10/2012 7:41:03 PM
WhetherMann posted...
RE has been going down the drain for the last couple installments. me lost interest.

By "going down" you mean, isn't survival horror right?

Survival horror wan't a good genre to begin with.
#40Hawke0Posted 10/10/2012 7:47:14 PM
maxmansupa posted...
WhetherMann posted...

By "going down" you mean, isn't survival horror right?

Survival horror wan't a good genre to begin with.

Do you mean survival horror games weren't good, or it was never that big?
---