i want to believe it will be awesome.

#1dougsdad0629Posted 9/20/2012 4:30:18 AM
This is one of the 2 Wii U games I'm interested in so far. The other is Mario. It looks awesome, but there have been many games on many systems that look awesome in previews only to be underwhelming when they finally come out. I keep thinking that if you strip away the unique controls that the Wii U gamepad provides, all you might be left with is an average zombie shooter. I hope I'm wrong.
---
Dear pessimist and optimist, while you were arguing about whether the glass was half empty or half full, I drank the water. Signed: The Opportunist.
#2syphoned_edgePosted 9/20/2012 2:32:08 PM
I'm not flaming in the slightest - I do want the game to be good and do well, but...

If it were a game that relied on nothing unique about the WiiU, it'd be labelled as a bland zombie FPS

If it utilises the controls - it's labelled as a gimmick

People are never satisfied...

However...I feel if Ubisoft can pull this off, it'll be a very interesting survivial horror
#3DBPanterAPosted 9/20/2012 11:21:30 PM
I don't think this is your average Zombie shooter as ammo will be scarce. I see myself going Mark McGwire style with that cricket bat.

I have high expectations for this game, as most analysts and reviewers have already said this is a great game.
---
GE 007 Wii FC: 3219 3898 2992 &. Minnesota
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#4SMT_MasochistPosted 9/20/2012 11:26:11 PM
Lets hope it's better than Ubi's last foray into "new IP launching with system" FPS aka Red Steel. I liked it but it was average at best. RS2 however, was a beast though replaybility was non existent.
---
Games: Sleeping Dogs, WO3, GT5, Transformers: FoC
3DS: 1375-7216-3398 <ENDBOSS> PS3/Vita: ENDBOSS78
#5dougsdad0629(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 3:00:15 AM
DBPanterA posted...
I don't think this is your average Zombie shooter as ammo will be scarce. I see myself going Mark McGwire style with that cricket bat.

I have high expectations for this game, as most analysts and reviewers have already said this is a great game.

A comparison that immediately springs to mind is Alpha Protocol. That game was talked about A LOT and hyped A LOT prior to release. It turned out to be a stinker.

The analysts and reviewers have only had access to the parts of the game that Ubi has allowed them to have access to. The full game may have problems or be dull and repetitive.

Again, I hope I'm wrong.
---
Dear pessimist and optimist, while you were arguing about whether the glass was half empty or half full, I drank the water. Signed: The Opportunist.
#6Madness2012Posted 9/21/2012 6:58:40 AM
I got it pre-ordered,i just hope it's not another red steel...
#7dougsdad0629(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 12:40:21 PM
Madness2012 posted...
I got it pre-ordered,i just hope it's not another red steel...

I've decided it won't be another Red Steel. Here's why...

Red Steel was a disappointment because of its controls. The brand new control system introduced by the Wii was not implemented well at all. With ZombiU, it uses a traditional 2 stick control system and uses the new features the tablet brings to the table as supplements.
---
#8CODwiiiVIP123Posted 9/21/2012 12:49:45 PM
The gameplay is fine IMO with the scarce ammo and one bite kills, it really is a survival horror game. The only thing I'm worried about is the length of the game and how many different areas there are
---
Official ex-COD fan, I'm tired of Treyarch's money grubbing and taking advantage of its fans through copy-pasting their COD games and overpriced map pack ****
#9Hawke0Posted 9/21/2012 4:16:36 PM
@your sig what about Infinity Ward? They're just as guilty, if not more so.
and it's ironic, I'm an ex CoD 'hater' who's getting BO2.
---
Conduit 2 FC: 0562-2516-9316-name Hawke
#10CAlNlACPosted 9/21/2012 11:46:53 PM
Yeah I got my copy pre-ordered already so I'm really hoping it turns out great too. The only things I'm a little worried about are the campaigns length and its replayability. If it has a short campaign that would be disappointing so hopefully its a decent length at least.

In terms of the replayability I know it has multiple endings and a one life only survival mode etc. That stuff should be cool I hope but I guess the concern for me personally is that subsequent playthroughs of survival horror games tend to lose that horror aspect for me after the initial playthrough. You know, its like watching a scary movie multiple times. You know where the scary stuff is so its just not quite the same and if you take away the scare factor that's half the fun gone in my opinion.

I guess that's one of the reasons I was disappointed that there is no separate online multiplayer mode. It would have gave me a little more to come back to after the campaign loses its excitement for me.