Day/Night or just Night??

#1NoNeedToBePosted 10/27/2012 5:48:22 PM
From the pics and vids I've seen (which admittedly is not near to all available), it seems this game takes place exclusively at night...or at least in constant darkness.
Is there any daytime in this game? Or have I just overlooked these pics and videos?
I personally hate when survivor/horror games happen exclusively at night...it just feels cheap and hackneyed to me. I think games like Dead Island and others (as well as many zombie movies) showed that daytime can mix very well with the world of zombies.
Either way, I'm still excited for this game...just curious about this.
---
i nase a topic on this a while ago, but i sisnt put in enough detail for anyone to help too much.
#2DocDeliciousPosted 10/27/2012 8:41:41 PM
What you don't see in videos is that there really is no zombie apocalypse.
It was a giant volcanic eruption that covered London in ash, set s*** on fire etc etc etc. This, obviously, has sent a thick layer of the powdery grey stuff into the lower atmosphere that has blocked out the sun...giving the impression of perpetual night.
The layer of ash is why the people's skin looks so grey. The survivors coughing and lunging at you trying to ask for a drink of water (because of the ash in their lungs it just comes out as grunts and moans) has caused a classic case of mistaken identity. What we see as zombies trying to eat you are really just desperately thirsty people.

And that's the plot-twist of ZombiU :)

Nah, honestly I have no idea.
---
Playing - Demon's/Dark Souls, Monster Hunter FU, Resonance of Fate, Devil May Cry HD Col, Dishonored, Katamari Forever, Resident Evil 6
PSN: DocDelicious
#3DrRMPosted 10/28/2012 12:32:26 AM
DocDelicious posted...
It was a giant volcanic eruption that covered London in ash, set s*** on fire etc etc etc. This, obviously, has sent a thick layer of the powdery grey stuff into the lower atmosphere that has blocked out the sun...giving the impression of perpetual night.
The layer of ash is why the people's skin looks so grey. The survivors coughing and lunging at you trying to ask for a drink of water (because of the ash in their lungs it just comes out as grunts and moans) has caused a classic case of mistaken identity. What we see as zombies trying to eat you are really just desperately thirsty people.

prepare for heart attack

you are closer to the truth than you think xD
---
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."
#4awesomephatmanPosted 10/28/2012 1:51:19 AM
DrRM posted...
DocDelicious posted...

prepare for heart attack

you are closer to the truth than you think xD

What the hell, man? If that's true, those are major spoilers, and that's a bannable offense.

I can't stand people who go around spoiling things. Holy crap.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tinyraptor
I was floating in a peaceful sea, rescued by a sinking ship
#5masterp2007Posted 10/28/2012 6:50:24 AM
No one has the game, or even a Wii-U yet, Calm down
---
What ever I posted is 100 percent true.
Joy. PSN: ToadRage-XBL: drmjam
#6awesomephatmanPosted 10/28/2012 10:08:55 AM
masterp2007 posted...

*fumes*
---
#7ZvolTxPosted 10/28/2012 12:06:23 PM
awesomephatman posted...
masterp2007 posted...

*fumes*

Hey. Hey.

Guess what?

This game has zombies. Oh no the game is ruined I should be banned!
---
Ahh, another fine day of trolling. http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
"this game will be I survive" - MageGuyInfinity
#8awesomephatmanPosted 10/28/2012 1:52:42 PM
ZvoLtx posted...
awesomephatman posted...
masterp2007 posted...

*fumes*

Hey. Hey.

Guess what?

Shut up, the way he said it made me think he had some insider info on the game's story.
---
#9ZBug_Posted 10/30/2012 11:09:51 PM
awesomephatman posted...
ZvoLtx posted...
awesomephatman posted...
masterp2007 posted...

*fumes*

Hey. Hey.

Guess what?

Shut up, the way he said it made me think he had some insider info on the game's story.

You actually believed that story? He was obviously joking.
you are thick
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)