Gamespot Review is up

#101ChibiMaddiChanPosted 11/18/2012 12:04:37 AM
xcsemtex posted...
Delicious nintendo tears

No. Delicious ZombieU fanboy tears. The rest of us aren't crying.
---
Patiently Awaiting: Tekken TT 2, Castlevania: LoS-MoF, AC3, Bioshock Infinite, Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario: SS, etc...
#102theofficefan99Posted 11/18/2012 12:26:32 AM
Fr33z posted...
Isn't Gamespot the same website that blatantly bashed Skyward Sword because the reviewer refused to learn how to use the controls?

Yes, but honestly, that score is pretty spot-on. I have a hard time taking the people who claim SS is a 9-10/10 game seriously. How can you say it's nearly perfect when it has so much filler? When it has a terrible story? When the dungeons are very "meh?"

I mean, it's a good game, but I wouldn't give it anything higher than an 8.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#103KamirineGoddessPosted 11/18/2012 12:47:49 AM
I'll admit, after seeing the review, unless he was completely embellishing on things, his complaints do sound founded. I mean the game seems repetitive, it has very limited weapon selection (which is ridiculous when compared to what was shown in the multiplayer footage), and the zombie's AI seems easy/stupid and won't give forth a challenge.

Coupled with a unimpressive story, and give or take whether you think the graphics are good (the stages look okay but the zombies...not so much), I can understand why some people would question whether buying the game upon hearing that or not.

I'm not saying anyone should go by this review, I'm just saying that upon hearing why he chose to give it a bad review and rating (and having not played it myself to judge), his reasons for not liking it seem sound. If he's spot on about everything he's said, (either by my own playing through the game once I rent it/other reviewers agreeing) I won't be owning a copy.
---
Apparently, the only 'right' opinion on a message board is what the majority believes. Huh. Go figure.
#104AlbinoCrocodilePosted 11/18/2012 6:21:15 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
Fr33z posted...
Isn't Gamespot the same website that blatantly bashed Skyward Sword because the reviewer refused to learn how to use the controls?

Yes, but honestly, that score is pretty spot-on. I have a hard time taking the people who claim SS is a 9-10/10 game seriously. How can you say it's nearly perfect when it has so much filler? When it has a terrible story? When the dungeons are very "meh?"

I mean, it's a good game, but I wouldn't give it anything higher than an 8.

I thought SS was the best, different strokes.

I also think people are crying too hard about things they know little about like a bunch of morons, but that's just me of course.
---
Miss Albino at your service.
I'm about as decisive on this signature as I am about dyeing my radiant scales black.
#105teknic1200Posted 11/18/2012 9:45:41 AM(edited)
Pineconn posted...
ZombiU review is garbage. Link: http://m.gamespot.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/videos/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-capture-the-flag-gameplay-movie-6400269

Nintendo Land review is excellent. Link: http://m.gamespot.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/videos/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-capture-the-flag-gameplay-movie-6400283

Why is the ZombiU link have a COD video link in the URL? looks like a spoofed url.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#106cavebear56Posted 11/18/2012 10:05:02 AM
KamirineGoddess posted...
I'll admit, after seeing the review, unless he was completely embellishing on things, his complaints do sound founded.

No, they weren't.

His reasoning and bias proves why people should be certified to avoid the stupidity from that review.

All games suffer from being "repetitive".

Bayonetta
Vanquish
Skyrim
God of War

I could go on but don't want to, the point is it's because that's what people call gameplay. The "repetitive" argument is used when one does not like the gameplay.

Such as "Infamous is repetitive but God of War is interesting".

The reviewer went in with the obvious desire of forcing a survival horror game into a CoD zombie shooter or an action shooter game. Which is why he liked the multiplayer but disliked the single player.

I noticed you only highlighted 2 of this issues, rather than focusing on everything he said. Now I'm not saying the game deserves a 10/10 (the numerical score doesn't matter to me more than how poorly that individual reviewed a game, it was insulting), but at least judge it based on what the game is about (a survival horror) and not what you wish it was (it's the most horrid sports game ever!!!).

As humans we have common sense and basic reasoning, stop abusing it like the reviewer did.

The problem is we have no objective standards by which reviewers must review games by and instead have people who don't favor a genre (in this case a survival horror game) doing the review for something they have no interest in.

Lastly, no I'm not buying Zombi U and I'm not even buying a Wii U (maybe ina year or two) but the sheer ignorance and unprofessionalism on top of the mistreatment and abuse to basic human intelligence caused me to stir from my slumber.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#107CronoFrankPosted 11/18/2012 10:10:24 AM
I'm not upset because of the score itself.

This review is unprofessional. The reviewer covers 10% of the game. He says the game is boring because he just smack zombies with a cricket bat, yet in most survival games you can do the same, especially on starting areas. Why would this one in particular suck because of that ?

Did he just get up on the wrong side of the bed and decided that this game sucked ? Looks like it.
---
Le ratchet tabarnak !!
#108HozamaPosted 11/18/2012 10:21:16 AM
Until I play it myself, I'm not about to rule the game good or not, and I think that's the least anyone can do.