Gamespot Review is up

#41mrstriker815Posted 11/17/2012 9:09:06 AM
Red Steel and now ZombiU lol.
---
XBL - Mr Striker09
#42xxbambamxx83Posted 11/17/2012 9:14:12 AM
lol at all you people taking offense to this review. Gamepot is the most legit VG website and they tell it how it is. And no, it's not a fake review.

Obviously ONM will give it a high score. They're the biased ones.

I actually bought a copy of this game already, I'm not going to open it. I hope I can sell it for 50 bucks so I don't lose too much cash. It came bundled with the Wii U so I cant return it.
#43mrstriker815Posted 11/17/2012 9:17:46 AM
After watching the gameplay on the review it does look bland and would get boring after a while. Who knows maybe ZombieU 2 will be good just like Red Steel was loll.
---
XBL - Mr Striker09
#44SonnyBonePosted 11/17/2012 9:29:20 AM
I wonder how many people have actually played a game that got a 'bad' review and actually enjoyed it...

I know that has happened to me COUNTLESS times, so I quickly learned not to trust what anyone says. You can't just see GAMESPOT or IGN or *insert brand name here* and take that review AS IS. Reviews come from a person. A person with individual tastes and opinions. You have to do some WORK and track down that person's other reviews to see if they generally agree with you or not. Most people do it backwards... they try to agree with reviewers. You're the one buying the game... so... does this person typically agree with YOU?

For instance... this guy that reviewed Zombi U reviews a TON of fighting games. The highest score he's given out is an 8.5, and he gave it to Tekken, King of Fighters, Marvel VS Capcom 3, and Bastion.

I loved Bastion. I would probably rank it a 9 or 8.5, so this is a similarity. I hate Tekken. I bought MvC3 and traded it in within a week because it was a terrible experience. My favorite fighting game from 2011 was easily Mortal Kombat, but Maxwell doesn't agree. His second favorite game of the year was King of Fighters XIII, a game that isn't even on my top 100 list. Different strokes for different folks. He also loved Saints Row The Third, a game that couldn't have let me down any more than it did. Saints Row 2 is my favorite open world game aside from Red Dead Redemption, and the 3rd game was a complete waste of my time.

So right away I can tell that this dude and I aren't on the same wavelength, so why should I see his review score and base my opinion on that? ON TOP OF THAT... IF YOU ACTUALLY LISTEN TO THE REVIEW... you'll notice that his complaints are ridiculous. Yeah, he decided to run around and beat people with a cricket bat the entire time. That's his choice. He doesn't exactly appreciate the pace of the game... something that I think survival horror games have been doing incorrectly since FOREVER. So yeah, I'm not gonna watch some review by some dude that I normally don't agree with and take it so seriously. And neither should everyone else.
---
AxeBomberMag.com
The #1 Destination for Wrestling Game Enthusiasts
#45Undead_YakuzaPosted 11/17/2012 9:33:13 AM
CronoFrank posted...
I want to smack the reviewer's head with a cricket bat. And people rely on that kind of *** ?

That's a threat, so stop that s***, right now. It is nothing but a review, and the reviewer did not like the game. You might not like the fact that a game you are looking forward to playing is getting a poor review, but that doesn't give you the right to act like a little psychotic brat.
#46YoYoLeFtToRiTePosted 11/17/2012 9:39:09 AM
Undead_Yakuza posted...
CronoFrank posted...
I want to smack the reviewer's head with a cricket bat. And people rely on that kind of *** ?

That's a threat, so stop that s***, right now. It is nothing but a review, and the reviewer did not like the game. You might not like the fact that a game you are looking forward to playing is getting a poor review, but that doesn't give you the right to act like a little psychotic brat.

That's no excuse to rate a game like this so damn low. I'm to this day surprised that people are still taking Gamespot reviews seriously. They are biased. They'll give that piece of crap that is Halo 4 a 9, yet they can't even give this a game a 7, or hell an 8? Give me a break. Godamn biased asses.
---
C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!
#47OoSubaruoOPosted 11/17/2012 9:39:49 AM
xxbambamxx83 posted...
lol at all you people taking offense to this review. Gamepot is the most legit VG website and they tell it how it is. And no, it's not a fake review.

Obviously ONM will give it a high score. They're the biased ones.

I actually bought a copy of this game already, I'm not going to open it. I hope I can sell it for 50 bucks so I don't lose too much cash. It came bundled with the Wii U so I cant return it.

Lol this guy, Gamespot reliable? They give terrible reviews.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#48LittlegatorPosted 11/17/2012 9:48:06 AM
You know, watching the review, it's pretty obvious that the reviewer just doesn't like the genre. Almost everything he complains about is an intentional design decision. Here's some examples:

losing items on death
guns are scarce
using the touchpad for your backpack doesn't pause the game, and makes you vulnerable

He also complains that the game's entire focus is on combat (lol what), and you're usually stuck with a cricket bat, meleeing every zombie you see (lol what).

He said the multiplayer was infinitely more enjoyable because it's constantly high action, and you have a full arsenal.

I know it's contrived, but basically, he just didn't "get it."
---
http://i.imgur.com/JkxA7.png
#49OoSubaruoOPosted 11/17/2012 9:53:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#50OoSubaruoOPosted 11/17/2012 9:56:02 AM
Littlegator posted...
You know, watching the review, it's pretty obvious that the reviewer just doesn't like the genre. Almost everything he complains about is an intentional design decision. Here's some examples:

losing items on death
guns are scarce
using the touchpad for your backpack doesn't pause the game, and makes you vulnerable

He also complains that the game's entire focus is on combat (lol what), and you're usually stuck with a cricket bat, meleeing every zombie you see (lol what).

He said the multiplayer was infinitely more enjoyable because it's constantly high action, and you have a full arsenal.

I know it's contrived, but basically, he just didn't "get it."

So, he hates the game because it doesn't play like current RE games. Lol..
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062