Gamespot Review is up

#61NofoundationPosted 11/17/2012 11:19:28 AM
I think most of you either live in complete denial or lack basic comprehension skills. You can discredit reviews or Gamespot all you like but the video review seemed completely reasonable. I guess it's easier to whine about how wrong a review is for a game you haven't played though.
---
"An account created 7 years ago is my alt"-Warhammeronl speaking about DarkSoulPriest
#62TottentanzPosted 11/17/2012 11:30:38 AM
Nofoundation posted...
I think most of you either live in complete denial or lack basic comprehension skills. You can discredit reviews or Gamespot all you like but the video review seemed completely reasonable. I guess it's easier to whine about how wrong a review is for a game you haven't played though.

If you look up who the reviewer was to see that person's history in game reviews and possible quirks and preferences, and you happen to find out that he typically seems to review fighters, can you fault us for questioning this person being chosen?

Yes, there are a couple of exceptions, but an actual background or mindset for enjoying survival horror, I dont see it.

A "twitch" gamer is not going to enjoy methodical slow paced survival horror any more than someone who enjoys RPGs being asked to review one of the 1000 genero shooters on the market, the review is going to be slanted to that person's tastes.

I have pointed it out before, but beyond the countless people who played the demos and loved it, I have found people also commenting on how they couldnt get into the new way everything was controlled or done for this game. These were the same people wanting the loot system to be streamlined, and the same people who thought it was bunk that the game didnt pause as you were doing inventory management and had to pay attention to two screens.

Some people just dont get the game, and I dont fault them for it; however, I do fault who ever was in charge that let someone like this review the game. Certainly there had to have been someone who enjoyed slow methodical games in the office. Surely there had to be at least someone that wouldnt take offense to a new way to game.

This is going to be like the Wii where they either love it or hate it, and reading the review, this guy just didnt get it.
#63tyler1o1oPosted 11/17/2012 11:33:02 AM
The only real problems I seen are that there's only about 5 or 6 weapons shown in the review, only 1 or them being a melee weapon. Is that seriously it? And only 1 attack animation? I'd drop the score a few point for that alone.
---
The following post might contain spoilers. This makes the topic less aerodynamic, and thus more maneuverable at high speeds.
#64TottentanzPosted 11/17/2012 11:36:30 AM
tyler1o1o posted...
The only real problems I seen are that there's only about 5 or 6 weapons shown in the review, only 1 or them being a melee weapon. Is that seriously it? And only 1 attack animation? I'd drop the score a few point for that alone.

I wonder, how many weapons are there in Silent Hill?
#65Haley Joel OsmentPosted 11/17/2012 11:38:36 AM
Tottentanz posted...
A "twitch" gamer is not going to enjoy methodical slow paced survival horror any more than someone who enjoys RPGs being asked to review one of the 1000 genero shooters on the market, the review is going to be slanted to that person's tastes.

That's dumb. You're basically saying it's only possible for a person to enjoy one style of game. Maybe you limit yourself to playing the same type of thing over and over again, but please, don't assume everybody else does.

---
I see dead people.
#66ColorfulColorsPosted 11/17/2012 11:43:01 AM
Irate Gamer could have done a better job reviewing than this guy!
Ok maybe thats a little much but its still a s***** review.
---
sonic777 desperate to make me mad.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000
#67Nerwrax15Posted 11/17/2012 11:43:43 AM
Nofoundation posted...

Your name suits you do well it made me laugh, your comprehension skills should tell you that one review is not the be all-end all for that particular game. It got a 7 from Edge, which is a GOOD score, not the best score, but good. And 9.2 from ONM, which IS a great score. Are you just gonna discredit those?
---
Clash Of Ninja>Ultimate Ninja. Official 4th Raikage of the NSUNSG Board.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nerwrax15
#68CharskiPosted 11/17/2012 11:43:45 AM
i dunno, tight spaces, limited ammo, slow running speed, and using melee weapons most of the time does kind of make for an interesting survival game. i'll try it and post my thoughts.
#69tyler1o1oPosted 11/17/2012 11:44:17 AM
Tottentanz posted...

There was actually more weapons in silent hill. How are you trying to justify 1 melee weapon with 1 attack animation on the newest generation console? I might have accepted that back on the Playstation 1, but even that did a better job with variety.
---
The following post might contain spoilers. This makes the topic less aerodynamic, and thus more maneuverable at high speeds.
#70Nerwrax15Posted 11/17/2012 11:49:42 AM
tyler1o1o posted...
Tottentanz posted...

There was actually more weapons in silent hill. How are you trying to justify 1 melee weapon with 1 attack animation on the newest generation console? I might have accepted that back on the Playstation 1, but even that did a better job with variety.

Just saying, COD's knifes all have the same animation.
---
Clash Of Ninja>Ultimate Ninja. Official 4th Raikage of the NSUNSG Board.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nerwrax15