Gamespot Review is up

#71smoustPosted 11/17/2012 11:54:38 AM
I think the game is going to end up being a niche title. People are going to be really into it, or they're going to really hate it.

As for melee weapons, there seems to be only the cricket bat. It's a bit disappointing seeing as there are a dozen or so ranged weapons, plus various explosives and other gadgets to use. I think being able to modify the bat or at least trade it in for a sledgehammer or an axe at some point wouldn't have been too much work to implement.

As for the video review, most of the commentary seems to be relating details that I already knew and expected from the game. I'm not particularly turned off by anything the reviewer complained about. The slow pace, the limited resources, the difficulty, etc are all things that got me interested in the game to begin with.
#72TottentanzPosted 11/17/2012 11:55:34 AM
tyler1o1o posted...
Tottentanz posted...
I wonder, how many weapons are there in Silent Hill?

There was actually more weapons in silent hill. How are you trying to justify 1 melee weapon with 1 attack animation on the newest generation console? I might have accepted that back on the Playstation 1, but even that did a better job with variety.

My point is that it is a survival horror game placed in London where firearms arent even supposed to be other than in the hands of the military. If you took a second to read about the plot then you would know why there are limited amounts of weapons available, and I was not defending the use of the cricket bat.

As shallow as this guy's play through was, I have no idea if there is another melee weapon or not in this game because I somehow doubt he took the time to explore it.

I only read the review, so maybe the video had something else to say, I dont know.

In any case, actually getting mad at a game for limiting the number of weapons available without actually taking a minute to understand the game is kind shallow as well. What did you expect?
#73tyler1o1oPosted 11/17/2012 11:55:47 AM
Nerwrax15 posted...
Just saying, COD's knifes all have the same animation.

Actually they don't, and call of duty's combat isn't even about melee.
---
The following post might contain spoilers. This makes the topic less aerodynamic, and thus more maneuverable at high speeds.
#74TottentanzPosted 11/17/2012 11:57:28 AM
smoust posted...

As for the video review, most of the commentary seems to be relating details that I already knew and expected from the game. I'm not particularly turned off by anything the reviewer complained about. The slow pace, the limited resources, the difficulty, etc are all things that got me interested in the game to begin with.

It's like the NG3RE reviews all over again as well. NG3 was baby difficulty with complaints reflecting this, but NG3RE is getting dinged for being too hard. You just cant please everyone.
#75ChargrilledPosted 11/17/2012 12:16:13 PM
Tottentanz posted...
tyler1o1o posted...
Tottentanz posted...
I wonder, how many weapons are there in Silent Hill?

There was actually more weapons in silent hill. How are you trying to justify 1 melee weapon with 1 attack animation on the newest generation console? I might have accepted that back on the Playstation 1, but even that did a better job with variety.

My point is that it is a survival horror game placed in London where firearms arent even supposed to be other than in the hands of the military. If you took a second to read about the plot then you would know why there are limited amounts of weapons available, and I was not defending the use of the cricket bat.

As shallow as this guy's play through was, I have no idea if there is another melee weapon or not in this game because I somehow doubt he took the time to explore it.

I only read the review, so maybe the video had something else to say, I dont know.

In any case, actually getting mad at a game for limiting the number of weapons available without actually taking a minute to understand the game is kind shallow as well. What did you expect?

He only talks about having a cricket bat in the video, and that you'll still be using it at the end of the game.
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#76MathewMansonPosted 11/17/2012 1:24:24 PM
"Zombies are slow"
"Zombies are too fast"
"Zombies pose no threat"

This guy can't even keep up with himself...and clearly doesn't understand what zombies are.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#77TheNewWavePosted 11/17/2012 1:38:49 PM
Its sad how a review will actually affect if a person plays it as if people are incapable of their own free will. There's already a few posts essentially saying how they will skip the game now solely because of a review.

I always thought those religious bumper stickers were funny because who in the world would become invested religiously in something new because of a bumper sticker, but I guess people's minds are really just that simple.
#78NofoundationPosted 11/17/2012 1:44:58 PM
Nerwrax15 posted...
Nofoundation posted...
I think most of you either live in complete denial or lack basic comprehension skills. You can discredit reviews or Gamespot all you like but the video review seemed completely reasonable. I guess it's easier to whine about how wrong a review is for a game you haven't played though.

Your name suits you do well it made me laugh, your comprehension skills should tell you that one review is not the be all-end all for that particular game. It got a 7 from Edge, which is a GOOD score, not the best score, but good. And 9.2 from ONM, which IS a great score. Are you just gonna discredit those?

Nobody is discrediting those reviews, because the name of this topic has nothing to do with those. Seeing as the game isn't out, there's no reason to discredit any of the reviews, that's my point. You're defending a game you haven't played.
---
"An account created 7 years ago is my alt"-Warhammeronl speaking about DarkSoulPriest
#79CrysianiaPosted 11/17/2012 1:58:04 PM(edited)
Aenisha posted...
Only viewable video review through the Gamespot app on Xbox Live. The reviewer bashes it, badly. I mean literally says its a crap game, a fail game. Says the multiplayer is infinitately better than the single player but its not worth buying.

In my opinion, Gamespot's reviews and opinions are zero anymore, they have no credibility and never will.

They bashed one game i really want to be good and i hate them now, i think their opinion is worthless!

Seriously though, id suggest you have no credibility after that.

Not that i care about gamestop your post just comes off as butthurt.

You didnt even critique the review just waa waa they dont like my game waa waa.
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#80mudelledgePosted 11/17/2012 2:02:23 PM
Crysiania posted...
Aenisha posted...
Only viewable video review through the Gamespot app on Xbox Live. The reviewer bashes it, badly. I mean literally says its a crap game, a fail game. Says the multiplayer is infinitately better than the single player but its not worth buying.

In my opinion, Gamespot's reviews and opinions are zero anymore, they have no credibility and never will.

They bashed one game i really want to be good and i hate them now, i think their opinion is worthless!

Seriously though, id suggest you have no credibility after that.

Not that i care about gamestop your post just comes off as butthurt.

You didnt even critique the review just waa waa they dont like my game waa waa.

Yea saying "butthurt" in a statement....you might as well get dumb **** tattooed on your forehead.....

Just saying
---
I don't like anything in the mainstream and they don't like me.~ Bill Hicks