Gamespot Review is up

#91blankempathyPosted 11/17/2012 3:51:38 PM
WalkingLobsters posted...
Isn't Gamespot the same website that blatantly bashed Skyward Sword because the reviewer refused to learn how to use the controls?

no

gamespot is the same website that criticized skyward sword for recycling areas and dungeon themes and lacking a legitimate overworld.

Except that it was. The reviewer played the game wrong thinking that it was necessary to use the sensor bar to control stuff like the bow, camera etc and then complained about the controls being bad. As a person thats just stupid to not figure out that you don't need the sensor back except to calibrate the wii motion plus but as a reviewer thats just shameful. He's a professional and his review was not professional, he reported false information and the games score took a hit even though he fessed up to being wrong he still claims that the game is a 7.5 even though the controls were his biggest complaint.
I find it hilarious though that he gave fable the journey, another motion control game, an 8.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#92suavemikePosted 11/17/2012 4:42:04 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Littlegator posted...
You know, watching the review, it's pretty obvious that the reviewer just doesn't like the genre. Almost everything he complains about is an intentional design decision. Here's some examples:

losing items on death
guns are scarce
using the touchpad for your backpack doesn't pause the game, and makes you vulnerable

He also complains that the game's entire focus is on combat (lol what), and you're usually stuck with a cricket bat, meleeing every zombie you see (lol what).

He said the multiplayer was infinitely more enjoyable because it's constantly high action, and you have a full arsenal.

I know it's contrived, but basically, he just didn't "get it."

So, he hates the game because it doesn't play like current RE games. Lol..

I'd love to hear what he thinks of Dark Souls. The one thing that did make sense to me was using the cricket bat over and over will be boring. But I also wonder if he is again doing it wrong. The ammo is limited so its best to store it and only use the cricket bat..... um no..... USE the ammo, just limit yourself. I'm a little unsure of the game now but I really think they got the wrong guy to review this game.
#93shootsmackPosted 11/17/2012 4:42:24 PM
blankempathy posted...
Isn't Gamespot the same website that blatantly bashed Skyward Sword because the reviewer refused to learn how to use the controls?

no

gamespot is the same website that criticized skyward sword for recycling areas and dungeon themes and lacking a legitimate overworld.

Except that it was. The reviewer played the game wrong thinking that it was necessary to use the sensor bar to control stuff like the bow, camera etc and then complained about the controls being bad. As a person thats just stupid to not figure out that you don't need the sensor back except to calibrate the wii motion plus but as a reviewer thats just shameful. He's a professional and his review was not professional, he reported false information and the games score took a hit even though he fessed up to being wrong he still claims that the game is a 7.5 even though the controls were his biggest complaint.
I find it hilarious though that he gave fable the journey, another motion control game, an 8.

But Skyward Sword was a bad game, and frankly, he gave the game too much credit as it is.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#94mudelledgePosted 11/17/2012 4:49:06 PM
Yea skyward was awful...yet I enjoyed it as well as my wife..which was awesome while playing it together.
---
I don't like anything in the mainstream and they don't like me.~ Bill Hicks
#95OoSubaruoOPosted 11/17/2012 5:21:20 PM
shootsmack posted...
blankempathy posted...

no

But Skyward Sword was a bad game, and frankly, he gave the game too much credit as it is.

Another example of people stating their opinion as fact.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#96WalkingLobstersPosted 11/17/2012 7:02:44 PM

no

except you didn't read the review. Please go.
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/5l6hsj.jpg http://i49.tinypic.com/11989xv.jpg
Starcraft 2 Username = Gears
#97blankempathyPosted 11/17/2012 7:23:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#98darkdreamrPosted 11/17/2012 7:28:44 PM
it seems to me that this game is almost what dead island should have been. with comparing the 2. dead island didnt really seem all that horror like to me but i still enjoyed it. you had to beat things upside the head or body till they fell as well. i cant say i trust this review 100% as it seems as if the reviewer wasnt really grasping on the point of the wii u screen functionality.

the 2nd screen is ment to give you the sense of disconnect from your environment just like sorting thru a backpack in real life would. even then.... how could it be more of a disconnect compared to pausing the game???

i didnt expect this game to be perfect.. but i sure as hell doubt its going to be red steel bad. its delivering on the promises it made unlike red steel.
---
Wii Friend Code : 8142-9137-7188-4060
Everyone add me!
#99blankempathyPosted 11/17/2012 7:37:39 PM

no

except you didn't read the review. Please go.

Yea I did actually. I'll sum it up for you. Boohoo its more Zelda but with bad controls - Oh wait I didn't play the game properly eh whatever the score stands. Thats pretty much what his complaints come down to. Damn me for buying Legend of Zelda game and wanting to play well a legend of zelda game. Doesn't really matter. Mcshea's reviews are all over the place. He's the perfect example of a bad reviewer. He doesn't review something as a whole product but instead focuses on the aspects of the game he hate or likes and then looks past the rest. We're also to believe that fable 3 is as good as skyward sword? Cmon now. Not to mention he says the pc version of fable 3 is better yet it gets a lower score.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#100ReedeemerPosted 11/17/2012 7:48:07 PM
Gamespot
>Natural Selection
yep
---
ZETRO ::: WiiU:
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873