just watched the gamespot review. did think this after watching it?

#1GalaticGodPosted 11/18/2012 4:18:58 PM
he takes almost the whole review talking about how bad it is to melee zombies which in real life is what you would proabably have to do. also from what i head other people who have played it said they lure zombies in traps or lock them in a room or sneak around but this review seems hell bent on just action like every other casual gamer instead of stealth and being realistic. he complains that if you run through it or go to fast you can fall and die in traps and stuff...well i hope so or this game would be dumb.

even if he was right about that stuff he confirms my thinking at the end of the review. he says the game actually gets good in the mulitplayer mode. and he likes it because you get all the weapons in the game and you go on killing sprees.... omg this is just my opinion but does anyone think the same?
#2kidwgmPosted 11/18/2012 4:24:18 PM
What? Is that English?
---
GT: Kid Whimsical 3DS FC: 4811-7436-8881
#3ericbogardPosted 11/18/2012 4:25:25 PM
Funny IGN and GameInformer said the combat system sucks too.

Maybe they ALL are in a sect or something ?
---
Nothing !
#4GalaticGod(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 4:39:02 PM
you guys are missing my point here. this game isnt about combat, its about surviving. who cares if the combat sucks. in a real survival horror your suppose to avoid combat as much as possible.
#5Logical_OnePosted 11/18/2012 4:41:08 PM
Plenty of reviewers said it doesn't suck. Your point?

It's a personal thing--think DayZ--plenty of people hate it but it has a very loyal following because for some (me included) it is absolutely amazing. The ArmA engine is pretty buggy and the controls are quite convoluted but it provides an experience unlike any other games (barring the horrible WarZ).

ZombiU is like that.
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3
#6TwistedMaestroPosted 11/18/2012 4:43:15 PM
i totaly agree. if me were in zombiu, me woud run away, cuz that what me would do in real life
#7ericbogardPosted 11/18/2012 4:48:01 PM
So the game being a survival game is the answer to :

- poor combat system
- poor graphics
- no online mode for multiplayer (in 2012 !)
- puzzles that repeat and repeat and repeat themselves

Damn it's sure is great for a dev to release a survival game, fans won't ask for much except "hey guys run like sissies, because you would do so in real life, y'know"
---
Nothing !
#8GreenMan1986Posted 11/18/2012 4:51:43 PM
Well the review did say the game focuses on the "reliance on tedious melee combat". The review doesn't rely on combat, the game does, so that's the main focus.

Doesn't look like the type of game where you can use stealth or hide to avoid death, just another repetitive zombie game where they all come at you and you need to kill them all.
#9hustlin_pimpstePosted 11/18/2012 4:52:49 PM
GalaticGod posted...
you guys are missing my point here. this game isnt about combat, its about surviving. who cares if the combat sucks. in a real survival horror your suppose to avoid combat as much as possible.

So you missed the parts in all the reviews say where you basically cannot avoid a lot of the combat?
---
Make adorable new, demon friends ... grr snarl
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672441-shin-megami-tensei-iv/64267041 Don't worry .. it's Official!
#10GEKGanonPosted 11/18/2012 4:59:58 PM
The melee combat is pretty tedious. Every single time I fight a zombie with that damned cricket bat, I can't help but feel like "Holy crap, really? 5 swings? 6 swings?!?!" I mean, you hit them and the entire top of their head collapses. And then you have to hit them over and over and over and over... but if they are on the ground, you can KICK THEM ONCE.

So anyone saying the melee is realistic, remember that if it ever comes to it in the real world, you are apparently better of kicking someone once than hitting them in the head with a hard, wooden, flat bat.
---
Steam Name: gekganon