Kinda stuck near the end (spoilers)

#1NappaPosted 12/1/2012 8:12:11 PM
I managed to get the Panacea and escape from the palace. I died to a horde of zombies shortly afterwards, though, and all the manholes are now disabled. My corpse isn't showing up on the map, either.. There's an objective marker on the map for Victoria Memorial, but when I go there it says I need to collect the previous survivor's mission item. I'm not sure exactly where I died, so I feel like I'm screwed. Do I really need to manually travel from the Safehouse -> Brick Lane Markets -> Brick Lane Flats -> Palace Underground -> Buckingham Palace and then run manually back to Victoria Memorial?
#2codebreak1337Posted 12/1/2012 8:20:26 PM
yep start running.
---
Codebreak1337 on gamefaqs.com for video guides
Check video section !
#3Nappa(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 9:08:03 PM
Wow, that's pretty poor design; hopefully I don't die again on the way. I really like the game, but I'm terrible at it and I assumed I was near the end when I got on the lift in the palace and got the "point of no return" message.
#4codebreak1337Posted 12/1/2012 9:12:38 PM
Nappa posted...
Wow, that's pretty poor design; hopefully I don't die again on the way. I really like the game, but I'm terrible at it and I assumed I was near the end when I got on the lift in the palace and got the "point of no return" message.

Poor design? how is it poor design ya little peanut brain?

sorry u have to back track. what if it was real life what are you going to telleport back to safety. Just because this game is actually realistic and a challenge does NOT mean you can bash the design which is irrelevant anyway.
---
Check video section !
#5Nappa(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 9:39:41 PM
codebreak1337 posted...

Nice unwarranted ad-hominem attack, how mature.

codebreak1337 posted...
what if it was real life what are you going to telleport back to safety.

Guess what? It's not real life, it's a game. It's poor design because the game flat-out says it's the point of no return when you get on the lift, when it's not. Removing the manholes at that point when you have access to them the whole game is pointless and just pads the length of the game.
#6codebreak1337Posted 12/1/2012 9:43:02 PM
Nappa posted...
codebreak1337 posted...

codebreak1337 posted...

Guess what? It's not real life, it's a game. It's poor design because the game flat-out says it's the point of no return when you get on the lift, when it's not. Removing the manholes at that point when you have access to them the whole game is pointless and just pads the length of the game.

sorry wow. im having a bad day.
---
Check video section !
#7toxiconflictPosted 12/2/2012 10:16:20 PM
Jeez dude, I'm having the exact same problem. I got the vaccine, the alarm went off, i got out of the building and got killed by a bunch of zombies twice on the metal walkways just outside the palace underground. Respawn at the safehouse and it's not on my map anymore except for that mission icon in the park like you said. Also my mission is still to escape the underground and NOT to retrieve the survivors serum which is strange...

I do have some of the manholes working now but it doesn't matter cause the vaccine seems to be forever gone. I even tried getting it again but the alarm goes off, the scanner says it's there but I can't grab it. Is there any waqy I can contact ubisoft and maybe reset the game to a previous save or something?
#8iloveheavyrainPosted 12/3/2012 12:35:43 AM
Poor design? So silly. Call it a bit of a penalty for not getting out on time. Some on foot backtrack is fun and you get to load up bigtime of stuff.

Yes, you can go back and get the USB drive. Find a manhole. Then you can see where the waypoint is and where you died last. Go there, you will find the USB drive on the ground.
---
ZombiU is Game of the Year 2012
#9JimdbPosted 12/4/2012 2:12:42 AM
Nappa posted...
codebreak1337 posted...

codebreak1337 posted...

So much this.
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF
#10codebreak1337Posted 12/4/2012 2:31:15 AM
Jimdb posted...
Nappa posted...
codebreak1337 posted...

codebreak1337 posted...

So much this.

thanks !

anyway. i think people are making this stuff up. none of these werid things happen to me.
---
Check video section !