Game breaking Glitch Maybe? *Late game Spoilers*

#1Jallen9000Posted 12/2/2012 1:55:00 PM
So while looking for the past letter of Dee I was exploring Buckingham Palace and I figured that a certain burning hallway wouldn't be deadly if I ran through it quick enough. It wasn't, didn't hurt at all actually, so I explore the palace's kitchen and kill a couple of zombies. While searching the zombies imagine my surprise when a prompt came to up remove it's eye. Well I knew there was a retina scanner in the Palace Underground so I saved my game and entered it.

So I get underground (going underground) and work by way to the computer that will house the panacea, of course it didn't at the moment so no alarms triggered and there is no way out. Because the alarms open the only other door out. So I walk and I walk until my head explodes (not literally) looking for some way out but alas I quit the game. I later restart from where I last saved the game, which was after I got the eye.

So I find the last letter of Dee (who knew that the game gave you locations!) and give it to the Doc who is still in his containment cell; after which all the hell breaks loose. This is the final sequence of the game and I gather you're meant to enter the kitchens to get the eye and that zombie I killed was actually meant to be the good Doctor (Didn't know his name was Knight so I never noticed). Then you're to go to the bunker. Well of course I didn't bother to go to the kitchens because I already had the eye so I enter the bunker, download the vaccine and escape to the Tower of London as instructed...only no ravens and no increased activity of zombies once you get past Victoria Memorial Park.

So I go back to the kitchens in the hope that it'll trigger something which it did, the quest updated from "find doc" to "remove doc's eye" (paraphrasing). Only I already have the eye and I can't find the body. So help?

Also of note is that Prepper's dialogue glitches after you pick up the eye. When I returned to the safe house he says the last few lines he should say after you made it back from the palace after getting the vaccine. So he says "he's very disappointed in me, I thought we where partners, well you're on your own" (paraphrased) only he'll keep giving you advice when you're organising your safe box, when you pick up new weapons and even when you enter the Tower of London he'll talk about medieval re-enactors. Which actually suits his character.

TLDR: I got the doc's eye before I was meant to, now that quest is still active and the final one won't activate.
---
What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know.
It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
#2livingonwheelsPosted 12/2/2012 2:59:34 PM
I have a problem much like yours.Except I've lost the eye and can't progress.17 hrs in.These are serious game breaking bugs.Can we start another game without losing our previous save?I've contacted the developers and hopefully some day will get a fix/patch.I guess in the meantime I'll have to work on another game.I really don;t want to because I was so loving ZombiU.But with all these glitches my love is turning to hate.
#3Jallen9000(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 4:40:50 AM
Hey good news I reloaded and went back to the kitchens and the good Doctor ways lying on the ground...well I guess he does have two eyes, or rather did.
---
What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know.
It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.