Game telling me it's not safe to save, screwed me. spoilers.

#1crazybotPosted 12/3/2012 8:09:48 PM
So I get to this part where the generator goes out at the safe house. And I have all kinds of ammo and helpful stuff. but the game tells me it's not safe to save. I'm thinking I must restart the generator with fuel before it will let me save. or that there will be a save spot on the way somewhere. So I start out on the mission. on and on I go and my gamepad starts to red light and I get killed. So I don't have time to get my stuff back before tne pad dies. so frustrated right now. haven't checked yet to see my situation, but I'm sure I've lost everything. what's worse is that the faq states you can save when I thought you couldn't...
#2codebreak1337Posted 12/3/2012 8:14:10 PM
the one on the board?
---
Codebreak1337 on gamefaqs.com for video guides
Check video section !
#3Gold25onePosted 12/3/2012 8:44:18 PM
Why did you not just fast travel towards another save area?
#4iloveheavyrainPosted 12/3/2012 11:44:31 PM
Tired of hearing people whining because their gamepad battery dies. I mean, IT COMES WITH A PLUG!!! KEEP PLUG NEARBY AND PLUG IT IN! PLAY WITH THE PLUG IN!

Jeeees.
---
ZombiU is Game of the Year 2012
#5diablo_power50Posted 12/4/2012 3:12:57 PM
You just have to kill zombie around your hideout
#6Cage2004Posted 12/5/2012 6:14:29 AM
When It says it not safe to sleep (save) that means there is a dead survivor roaming near the safe house door. Go out and kill it and then you can save.
---
GameFaqs users typical response: "If you dont like it then go back and play Call of Duty kid"
#7DolemiteXPPosted 12/5/2012 9:20:15 AM
iloveheavyrain posted...
Tired of hearing people whining because their gamepad battery dies. I mean, IT COMES WITH A PLUG!!! KEEP PLUG NEARBY AND PLUG IT IN! PLAY WITH THE PLUG IN!

Jeeees.

Pretty much this times 1000. It's like what the heck did you do plug your console up in your room and plug the pad charger in at your neighbors house? Honestly one of the dumbest excuses I've ever heard....
---
Really don't want Obama for 4 more years but I refuse to vote for someone named after a type of glove....
#8CPike2003Posted 12/5/2012 12:28:14 PM
DolemiteXP posted...
iloveheavyrain posted...

Jeeees.

Pretty much this times 1000. It's like what the heck did you do plug your console up in your room and plug the pad charger in at your neighbors house? Honestly one of the dumbest excuses I've ever heard....

For most people this may not be a problem, but for some (myself included) it can be an issue. I have so many electrical components being powered along the front wall where all my entertainment devices are located, that there aren't any open electrical outlets available on my surge suppressor. Even if there was, the charging cable isn't long enough to sit a comfortable distance away from my TV screen.

I could unplug the power cable from my docking station and play while sitting on the floor to the left or right side of my couch, but it would be a huge inconvenience to have to play like that.

Bottom line: Not all of us have an available power outlet where it's most convenient.

TC should have simply cleared the zombie(s) that were within range of his safe house, and then he'd have been alright to save, charge the gamepad, and continue playing later on. Perhaps Ubisoft should change the message to read something along the lines of "There is danger lurking nearby. Unable to save until area is clear and safe!"
---
~ Intel Core i5 2500k ~ 8GB DDR3 RAM ~ 2x GTX 680's SLi ~ Gaming @ 2560x1600 ~
#9crazybot(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 5:09:58 PM
Turns out I got lucky. The pad died after I had died with all my stuff. So when I played through I met my former self and killed him getting all my stuff back. Then I found a save place right before the petral place. anyway, my wii u is in my living room. I would have had to sit in the floor inches away from the screen to keep playing. doable ? yes. comfortable ? no.