I don't usually make topics like this but: should I get this or Sonic racing?

#1SimplyAwesomeAJPosted 12/4/2012 1:44:32 AM
We just got our Wii U, and have been enjoying NSMB U and Nintendoland, but have also really been looking forward to ZombiU. I've pretty much ignored all the negative reviews, so I'm still just as excited for it. However, I heard surprisingly good things about that Sonic racing game from some friends, plus it's a bit cheaper. I have always enjoyed the Mario Kart franchise, and while I know that won't be the same, it still sounds fun.

I guess, the question is, which one would really last longer in the end? Like playability wise. I know that with any racing game you have the online goodness to last for a while, so that's a plus.

So, any tips would be nice from anyone who has perhaps played both or something. Or, if there is some sort of third game that might be worth getting instead (Not ACIII or Batman though, since I have those for PS3)
---
Black 2 Friend Code: 4857 4263 3677
#2codebreak1337Posted 12/4/2012 1:59:28 AM
well that depends.. do you want to race and have fun or play a mans game?
---
Codebreak1337 on gamefaqs.com for video guides
Check video section !
#3codebreak1337Posted 12/4/2012 2:05:45 AM
is this a joke ?
---
Check video section !
#4JimdbPosted 12/4/2012 2:10:54 AM(edited)
IF you have to choose ONE:

You enjoy survival horror games and You want a unique experience, something you never played before? ZombiU. It really is unique, you wont regret it.

You just want plain fun and enjoy karting games? Sonic. The game is stellar, combining all three air/water/land driving types in the middle of a race with HUGE tracks that make you feel you are ina world of itself instead of on just a track.

I would get both (I actually did). But If I had to choose ONE, I'd probably go with sonic for local multiplayer, lasting appeal and pick up and play capabilities.

That's just me.

Oh, and by the way, Sonic is cheaper. 40 $/
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF
#5SimplyAwesomeAJ(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 2:10:29 AM
I hardly see how it would be a joke. Like I said, to people who have played both. I realize they are different genres, but at the same time, I am curious which one would be thought of as a better investment in the long run and which should sit on the back burner for a while.

Or is it too hard to comprehend wanting to play two different types of games?
---
#6SimplyAwesomeAJ(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 2:12:25 AM
Jimdb posted...

You enjoy survival horror games and You want a unique experience, something you never played before? ZombiU. It really is unique, you wont regret it.

You just want plain fun and enjoy karting games? Sonic. The game is stellar, combining all three air/water/land driving types in the middle of a race with HUGE tracks that make you feel you are ina world of itself instead of on just a track.

I would get both (I actually did). But If I had to choose ONE, I'd probably go with sonic for local multiplayer, lasting appeal and pick up and play capabilities.

That's just me.

Yeah. The cheaper part is kind of what is really drawing me too it, seeing as we just dropped the cash for the Wii U and NSMB U the other day. But ZombiU has looked tempting from day one, where as I just sort of got interested in the Sonic game recently.

How is the multiplayer in ZombiU? Is it pretty fun?
---
#7JimdbPosted 12/4/2012 2:16:41 AM
SimplyAwesomeAJ posted...
Jimdb posted...

That's just me.

Yeah. The cheaper part is kind of what is really drawing me too it, seeing as we just dropped the cash for the Wii U and NSMB U the other day. But ZombiU has looked tempting from day one, where as I just sort of got interested in the Sonic game recently.

Multiplayer in ZombiU is only LOCAL, so no Online. I played with a friend and yeah, it's quite fun, specially Assault mode where you compete for flags. I can't fathom why this wasn't made available as an online mode, because the idea is absolutely brilliant.

I wouldn't count multiplayer as a purchase factor for ZombiU. It's nice, but It gets boring quickly, since there is no sense of progression whatsoever.
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF
#8codebreak1337Posted 12/4/2012 2:17:58 AM
SimplyAwesomeAJ posted...
Jimdb posted...

That's just me.

Dude do the research like.. sonic racing sucks !
---
Check video section !
#9JimdbPosted 12/4/2012 2:20:45 AM
codebreak1337 posted...

No, it does not.

Best kart racing game since Diddy Kong Racing.

I myself couldn't believe it, but then I tried it.... and then I loved it.

Be warned though, the game is broke, it needs a patch (whic is already LIVE in Europe) but it is not up on Nintendo Network USA.

It will though. Just so you consider it when making your decision.
---
-Nick_GF
#10codebreak1337Posted 12/4/2012 2:22:06 AM
Jimdb posted...
codebreak1337 posted...

No, it does not.

Best kart racing game since Diddy Kong Racing.

I myself couldn't believe it, but then I tried it.... and then I loved it.

Be warned though, the game is broke, it needs a patch (whic is already LIVE in Europe) but it is not up on Nintendo Network USA.

It will though. Just so you consider it when making your decision.

hmmm.. diddy kong racing was pretty good.
---
Check video section !