Hate Horror Games but considering...

#1AltruisPosted 12/11/2012 7:25:42 AM
Since there aren't many games to choose from atm, I'm considering getting this although I'm not a fan of horror games. Does it integrate the controller well? Should I wait for something else or splurge on this?
---
History: Atari, Coleco Vision, NES, GB, SNES, PS, N64, GBA, DC, PS2, Xbox, GC, PSP, 360, DSLite, Wii, PS3
#2Gamechamp3kPosted 12/11/2012 8:13:25 AM
I would suggest waiting for something else, this is totally survival horror, and most integration of the gamepad is forced and unnecessary. Great for somebody who loves survival horror, but for anybody else it'd probly be boring and/or frustrating.
---
http://a.imageshack.us/img44/3928/kurosig.jpg
http://backloggery.com/gamechamp/sig.gif Kuro-channnnnnn... <3
#3BurningLancePosted 12/11/2012 8:56:23 AM
well to be honest im not much a fan of horror games but i gave this a chance and its nice but scary lol.

tho when Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate comes out in March then i will be hunting alot
---
3DS FC: 1355-7222-3011 ...PSN: BurningLance_2 -- NNID: BurningLance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNrXMOSkBas
#4x2link777Posted 12/11/2012 9:27:44 AM
Definitely go for something else if your not a fan of the genre. Even if you were, its not really all that good of a game as is due to several issues, but if you don't like the genre you'll hate this.
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!
#5Justice98405Posted 12/11/2012 9:32:45 AM
"Even if you were, its not really all that good of a game as is due to several issues, but if you don't like the genre you'll hate this."

I totally disagree with this. This might not be a great game, but it's far from bad as well. It's solidly in the middle. And it's got some very cool ideas, and the atmosphere is well done. It's good enough to warrant a sequel, with some key improvements, this could be a very cool series.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#6x2link777Posted 12/11/2012 9:44:27 AM
Justice98405 posted...
"Even if you were, its not really all that good of a game as is due to several issues, but if you don't like the genre you'll hate this."

I totally disagree with this. This might not be a great game, but it's far from bad as well. It's solidly in the middle. And it's got some very cool ideas, and the atmosphere is well done. It's good enough to warrant a sequel, with some key improvements, this could be a very cool series.

Sorry, but the low quality graphics for a next gen system, hell even for the other systems, bad lighting effects, clunky controls, small to game breaking glitches, extremely tedious and repetitive cricket bat combat, frustratingly obvious time padding choices like making you run up to 10+ minutes just to get back to where you were after dying to a cheap death, and overall lack of single player replayability make this a bad game. And thats not counting the extreme linearity, fairly pointless and bland story, and bland, repetitive, reused environments. This game would be laughed out of the internet if it were on either of the other two consoles, or pc. Its fine if you like it, but its not a good game. A few more months of hard polish and it could have been great. But as it is, it was rushed out way too early an suffers greatly for it.
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!
#7PrinceOfHotPosted 12/11/2012 10:20:05 AM
if you don't like horror games don't get this game, that is this games strong point. That said the controller is very well implemented.
#8JonbazookabozPosted 12/11/2012 11:20:30 AM
Personally think its the best game out on any console at the moment. Completely stopped playing halo 4 coz of it
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#9lionheart5656Posted 12/11/2012 1:12:24 PM
x2link777 posted...
Justice98405 posted...

Sorry, but the low quality graphics for a next gen system, hell even for the other systems, bad lighting effects, clunky controls, small to game breaking glitches, extremely tedious and repetitive cricket bat combat, frustratingly obvious time padding choices like making you run up to 10+ minutes just to get back to where you were after dying to a cheap death, and overall lack of single player replayability make this a bad game. And thats not counting the extreme linearity, fairly pointless and bland story, and bland, repetitive, reused environments. This game would be laughed out of the internet if it were on either of the other two consoles, or pc. Its fine if you like it, but its not a good game. A few more months of hard polish and it could have been great. But as it is, it was rushed out way too early an suffers greatly for it.

ahahahahahaha

Are people still talking about graphics on a console?

ahahahaha

If you wanted to be a graphics junkie, you should be playing on PC.

Complaining about graphics on an inherently gimped system (all consoles) is like complaining about asking for a random assortment of donuts and not getting the one you hoped for.
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#10x2link777Posted 12/11/2012 1:15:48 PM
lionheart5656 posted...

ahahahahahaha

Are people still talking about graphics on a console?

ahahahaha

If you wanted to be a graphics junkie, you should be playing on PC.

Complaining about graphics on an inherently gimped system (all consoles) is like complaining about asking for a random assortment of donuts and not getting the one you hoped for.

Nice job failing spectacularly.. Picking one single thing and making a terrible and idiotic attempt at countering. I'm far from a "graphics junkie", but I expect at least a certain level of graphical standard, which this game fails to meet.
---