Escape glitch? *spoilers*

#1IntertekPosted 1/20/2013 12:42:07 PM
I'm very near the end of the game. I just recovered the data in the Queen's quarters and began escaping, but died in lower Victoria's Memorial. My current mission is to retrieve my previous survivor's items, but when I try to walk to it from the safe house the gate leading outside in victoria's memorial (when coming from the safe house) is barred, and if I try to fast travel the only open manhole is in the buckingham palace kitchen, and it doesn't seem to have any way out. I think I'm just overlooking something, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
#2Intertek(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 12:58:11 PM
Looking at the map it looks like I could go from the safe house to brick lane markets, then brick lane flats, then palace underground, then back to victoria's memorial. It would be a long inconvenience but I would do it if it is my only choice. Does anyone know if this would work, or if it's even necessary?
#3mikeluntPosted 1/20/2013 1:15:17 PM
I'm gathering you can't get there the original way you did when you first used the key card? - if you can't then brick lane is probably your only option - there was a manhole in victoria memorial as well - did you find that one & just can't use it
#4Intertek(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 1:36:37 PM
I can walk to the Victoria's memorial manhole and use it, but it will only take me to safe house or palace kitchen. I'm trying to go the long way now, and everything seems to be going well.
#5mikeluntPosted 1/20/2013 1:41:12 PM
Good luck - am in the process of replaying it for the good ending - cocked it up first time - by dying in a really stupid place - took me so long to get back where I died my stuff had already been pillaged by somebody else - left me with nothing for the end - got completely overwhelmed
#6Intertek(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 11:44:21 AM
No, the long way around I mentioned didn't work. After I tumble down the garbage chute at the zombie rave the ladder that I needed to climb into palace underground has vanished. I watched the video walkthrough from IGN, and the ladder they used is gone on my file. I've exhausted all possibilities, unless there is a way out of the palace kitchens besides the manhole, does anyone know if there is an alternate way out?