Question about all these supposed "glitches".

#1d_money_manPosted 1/21/2013 7:52:40 PM
Of those who experienced these glitches, how many of you used a cheat or glitch in your favor? Like the item dupe? Answer honestly and don't be a troll and lie about glitches.

The reason I ask is because for as many glitches as people say they find I have never experienced one. Now I'm far enough into the game that surely I should have gotten something by now. The only thing I've seen is the result of someone else glitching, like seeing a survivor zombie underneath the floor.

I'm hoping to find a pattern or maybe a cause.
---
3DS FC:3265-5151-9032 Wii U: Dylan
Don't you dare blame Sandy Hook on video games!!!!!
#2oldgamingfanPosted 1/21/2013 8:11:43 PM
i have never encountered a glitch either not one so i don't know why players complain so much when i have never encountered a single glitch i have never used the item dupe trick so that might be the reason
---
the end of the world is coming and i am ready
#3d_money_man(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 8:19:37 PM
oldgamingfan posted...
i have never encountered a glitch either not one so i don't know why players complain so much when i have never encountered a single glitch i have never used the item dupe trick so that might be the reason

Thats what I'm starting to think too. It's pretty much a known fact that when you cause one glitch more follow.
---
3DS FC:3265-5151-9032 Wii U: Dylan
Don't you dare blame Sandy Hook on video games!!!!!
#4shawnmckPosted 1/21/2013 9:03:37 PM(edited)
While I haven't really experienced any game-breaking glitches yet (knocks on wood), I've been frequenting this board since the game launched, and it seems to me that a lot of the serious glitches are with people dying in the wrong place at the wrong time.
That is to say that they are backed into a corner and die, and their body passes through the floor making it impossible to retrieve.
Or they die in a certain area (pre-school area, grocery store, Palace, etc) and then the building locks or shortcuts close and they have no way to get back in.

That's not to say that these bugs and glitches aren't serious (because they are), but what I mean is that not everyone is going to experience them, as some will die in a specific area in a specific way that triggers the glitch, whereas other won't die and thus won't trigger the glitch.

^ At least, that's the way it seems based on what I've read from some of the complaints.

I still like the game though, and don't let the glitches dissuade me from enjoying the game.
The same happened with the game Dead Island, where some people experienced some serious glitches, while others didn't experience any.
Although in Fallout New Vegas I experienced many game-breaking bugs & glitches that pissed me off to the point where I had enough and took the game back and requested I get my money back.
That game was severely buggy, imho.
So compared to Fallout: New Vegas, ZombiU and Dead Island's bugs & glitches seem tame by comparison.

But I will say that this game seriously needed more polishing and tweaking before being released.
#5zfstarkPosted 1/21/2013 10:34:14 PM
I think the biggest problem is that the game was designed in a manner that the story still progresses when the player dies; therefore key events are designed to change if the player dies. Its notable that most if not all game-breaking death-related glitches don't happen when people are out trying to find ammo but rather during sequential parts of the game where the player must complete a task. For example, if the player dies at the Ravens first rescue attempt the game just continues like you completed the task. Other locations, like the nursery don't have this luxury. Rather the player come back and retry game treats it like the game is progressing when in reality the player still has to complete the task. With absolutely no quality assurance to speak of we're left with a broken concept that appears to have been abandoned mid-game.
---
This doesn't look like an accident...
#6InvadersMustDiePosted 1/22/2013 12:48:38 AM(edited)
d_money_man posted...
oldgamingfan posted...

Thats what I'm starting to think too. It's pretty much a known fact that when you cause one glitch more follow.

So here we have one guy saying that "I don't know why players complain so much when I have never encountered a glitch".

This is the dumbest thing I've read in a while. Well, they are complaining because they HAVE encountered glitches. It's not hard to understand. I played through other games without hitting common glitches. Geez, what was everyone complaining about?? I didn't have a single problem! Lol

And we have another guy trying to pin the cause of game-breaking glitches on the player and not the developer.

Yes. I've encountered two glitches, and I don't want to disappoint any of you but.... I've never used the item duplication glitch. I'm not even sure how to do it because I have no interest in it.

Some of you haven't even beaten the game.... How many times have you "encountered" the potentially glitchy areas? If you haven't "encountered" a glitch, maybe you just are lucky, or have hardly played the game. Most of the people that supported this game at launch have abandoned it due to Ubisoft being lazy in addressing these issues.
#7mikeluntPosted 1/22/2013 3:58:53 AM
Only glitch I have found is no C4 in the bunker - supposed to be there - 3/4 way through second playthrough - hasn't been there both times - other than that nothing
#812ehstevePosted 1/22/2013 5:22:36 AM
I used item dupe to bring up my handgun skill whenever I had to start a new survivor, that's it. Nothing negative ever.
---
http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee424/ehsteve12/
My Legend of Zelda Collection - Last update Dec. 4/12
#9woody71Posted 1/22/2013 7:25:08 AM
invaders you are missing the point

So here we have one guy saying that "I don't know why players complain so much when I have never encountered a glitch".

he's not saying that at all he is wondering wether the glitches people are experiencing linked to other glitches used in favor of the player

And we have another guy trying to pin the cause of game-breaking glitches on the player and not the developer.

swing and a miss

he's saying it happens because of some player related actions in no way he's assigning blame to the players just giving a reason why some people do experience them and some people don't
---
to the Grammar Police!-\/
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1062/50947440.gif
#10BlevstaPosted 1/22/2013 1:48:26 PM(edited)
Take a look at my thread and the response I got. He shows that he reported the exact problem I had 7 weeks ago. To know that UbiSoft could have patched the problem long ago is what I'm disappointed about. Now I've got to start over (although I'm already 1/2 of the way through the game without dying).

I haven't used any glitches and don't plan to. It kind of defeats the challenge of the game, making the whole experience worthless. As far as bugs, it's been pretty clean so far. Just the 1 game breaking bug. Once I got that issue I had a few more crop up that were related to the same thing.

One tip: If you EVER get stuck in a wall, just quit the game and reload your save. You'll be placed safely back in the safehouse.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/673013-zombiu/65166122