Controls, a bit rubbish? Or is it me?

#1KOTRwhoopsPosted 1/25/2013 3:20:23 PM
I've just bought a Wii U today in light of the announcements this week and I bought the ZombiU bundle. I've just put the game in and played 5 minutes and the controls I was greeted with are really floaty and unresponsive. Is there anyway around this or is this something I will have to put up with? The thing is I actually found it hard to face the correct way with the camera going up down and everywhere, it's almost as thought you can't move the camera diagonally properly. It just doesn't feel at all right...

Thanks.
---
PLAYING - Torchlight II (PC), Walking Dead (360), Okami HD (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#2shawnmckPosted 1/25/2013 4:23:01 PM
I will admit that the controls do feel a bit floaty, but its not that bad.
But I've never encountered a time where I thought that it was unresponsive.

But yeah, the controls aren't as good as most FPS type games where the controls are fluid and extremely responsive (fast).
Here they feel a bit slow, but still responsive enough.
At least to me.
#3ButtonBasherBWPosted 1/25/2013 8:32:49 PM
I feel it's been done purposely, in the the player isn't a well trained soldier or agent skilled with weapons or fit to the core, but instead an average assistant, manager, retail clerk or whatever you happen to end up with.
---
ButtonBasher
#4StuffyedminkyPosted 1/25/2013 11:37:16 PM
Nah, I find the controls to be very appropriate and responsive. I like how they feel. Gives the game character.
#5zfstarkPosted 1/26/2013 11:23:59 AM
My controls are responsive and accurate. I would make sure its not your game pad as I've heard on several occasions on the Wii U board that some game pads have been a bit faulty and have been replaced.
---
This doesn't look like an accident...
#6xHOJUxPosted 1/28/2013 2:39:09 AM
They felt a little loose to me at first, I'm still not sure if it was the game or just they way the gamepad sticks feel with their over sized dead spaces. You do get used to it after a little while.
---
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/spinning-pile-driver/id481542152
#7Cheese4nowPosted 2/3/2013 8:13:51 AM
It's a little bit of both. The controls are a bit floaty, this can be remedied by turning the sensitivity to maximum in the options menu.
---
Fallout New Vegas: The central conflict is essentially; US Army Vs. Roman Empire Vs. Howard Hughes and his army of robots. People still complained about it.
#8shawnmckPosted 2/3/2013 11:31:50 AM
I personally think that it was intentional.
Kind of makes you feel more vulnerable.