Screaming woman and black prophecy analysis. SPOILERS

#1splodeymissilePosted 3/12/2014 10:35:06 AM
So, I was exploring Spitalfields Green again and I noticed that if you stand underneath the burning window, you can hear a woman screaming for quite a while. Bizarrely, she never seems to actually die, as you can come back and listen to her suffering again. Somewhat creepy (but so are most things in this game).

Anyways, I thought, since this board is virtually dead, that I'd give my thoughts on what the black prophecy means.

"In the year of our Lord two thousand and twelve, the alchemy of wealth from air will bring a second Blight upon mankind."
Zombi apocalypse in 2012. Though I have no idea what alchemy of wealth means, I can assume that it refers to science starting this whole thing.

"As the Revelation shows, when death overcomes life, so shall man walk eternally in purgatory, and those who long for the bosom of God shall not find it, as death itself flees from them to smother the world in gray damnation."
Purgatory refers to actually being a zombi and the wanting of God, combined with Vikram being partially aware when he becomes a zombi, might mean that you are fully conscious when you get infected, but you can't control yourself (Vikram could barely move his mouth and that didn't last long). Gray damnation could refer to the plague itself or how London is pretty dark, even in daytime.

"This fog of death will cloak the land, and those men who are not prepared will succumb to its foul clutches."
Are you prepared? Pretty obvious. If it weren't for Prepper, this would be a very short game. Which calls into question the next bit.

"Harken not the beast with a thousand eyes, whose split tongue defiles and embrace your demise, and none shall escape its gaze."
Prepper with his cameras. Because of his leg, Prepper needs you to gather supplies, but he's not big on sharing said loot. Therefore, he wants you both alive and dead. And he's got the whole of London under his watch. Basically, you shouldn't listen to him, even though he's the only reason you're prepared.

"Therefore prepare, for a small few shall be spared, and they will be the enlightened ones, the prepared ones, the ones who seek to possess the fabled Panacea."
Odd, this. Obviously, yourself and Sondra are the only named characters to survive, but Knight also sought the panacea, but still happened to die. Perhaps he wasn't prepared enough for Dee's liking?

"For the others, hell and fire will be their soul's reward."
London's burning at the end.

"Fathers will not know their sons; sons will d**n their fathers."
Vikram seemed to have problems distinguishing you from his child. And I can't imagine the boy was happy about being dinner.

"The Tower shall fall when the Ravens flee."
While the ravens do flee, the tower never seems to fall. Unless it means the helicopter or the people inside the tower. Even then, you and Sondra survive.

"And when the Tower crumbles, so too, will England, and surely as night follows day."
Perhaps it means the airstrike at the end? Only so much punishment a building can take.

"If you would survive, bury yourself in the earth's bosom, that she may protect you"
London underground.

"For God shows no mercy to those who heed not His words, and the man who has grown fat upon the backs of his fellows with insatiable greed will himself starve for life and turn at last to devour his own children."
Might be a reference to the difficulty of the game. After all, your survivor didn't know about the prophecy until Prepper found them. And this game isn't merciful. The second part might mean Prepper himself. He uses your supplies, can't have a life of his own due to his leg, calls you a child and really has a tantrum when you try to escape.
---
One can not help but imagine Microsoft as being ran by a thousand Homer Simpsons. -Obturator
#2splodeymissile(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 10:39:52 AM
"Thus will the end come, and the world made unworthy in His eyes, so that He may begin anew. You will know when His Heralds sound seven bells, to reveal His glory."
The ravens sound seven bells to alert about the escape. Interestingly, it says world. Perhaps the plague is everywhere.

"And a cleansing fire of black angels will purify the world."
Bombers and fire.

"From these ashes shall arise a new utopia in Londinium, like unto Heaven on earth."
Hasn't actually happened, but its pretty obvious.
---
One can not help but imagine Microsoft as being ran by a thousand Homer Simpsons. -Obturator
#3Model_OmegaPosted 3/12/2014 9:11:39 PM
That's deep.

This game really deserves a sequel. (Or perhaps a prequel where you play as The Prepper?)
---
3DS FC: 5198-2590-6008
Patrolling the Pokemon X/Y message boards make you wish for a nuclear winter...
#4splodeymissile(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 10:48:42 AM
Yeah, the story is pretty well thought out. More so than I expected. While I would love a sequel, I don't see how a prequel would work, unless its during the first outbreak with John Dee. (there's an awful lot of characters called John, isn't there?) I'd rather it be in a different city. Could you imagine fighting a horde in the empire state building.
---
#5RLSNintendo1985Posted 3/21/2014 7:54:25 AM
The game's story is pretty deep indeed. It's all riddled and you have to sit back and think about it but it's a great story. I would love a sequel in another city. Maybe NY or Paris. I wouldn't mind a prequel with Dee. It would expand the story up a great deal as far as who Dee really was and how he thought and acted.
---
"Long Live Nintendo!"
I own over 2500 games and counting. Once I own enough I'll start a review show.
#6Jason Hart MaiviaPosted 3/22/2014 7:11:01 AM
Spoilers:

I just beat it myself. I sorta felt bad about not using many of the weapons at all, even though they sat in the supply box and I collected ammo for them (the sub machine guns, the silenced handgun, the magnum, rifles).

Honestly, even when beating it, I was still confused as to what's going on. I was pretty confused most of the time. I understand the back and forth between John and Sondra, but that's about it.

With the bombers and all at the end...does this mean the end of John?

Also, unfortunately, after the credits, I made my way up to the helicopter, but nothing happened. A hoard of zombies ended up killing me. The game then took me back to the title screen...THE END??

---
Praise Rainbow Mika
NNID: JasonMaivia ; Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii): 0346-6035-0276
#7RLSNintendo1985Posted 3/22/2014 8:51:34 AM
Jason Hart Maivia posted...
Spoilers:

I just beat it myself. I sorta felt bad about not using many of the weapons at all, even though they sat in the supply box and I collected ammo for them (the sub machine guns, the silenced handgun, the magnum, rifles).

Honestly, even when beating it, I was still confused as to what's going on. I was pretty confused most of the time. I understand the back and forth between John and Sondra, but that's about it.

Also, unfortunately, after the credits, I made my way up to the helicopter, but nothing happened. A hoard of zombies ended up killing me. The game then took me back to the title screen...THE END??

Me too actually about the ending that is. There are actually 3 different ones.
---
"Long Live Nintendo!"
I own over 2500 games and counting. Once I own enough I'll start a review show.
#8splodeymissile(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2014 3:07:41 PM
Spoilers:

In order to get the best ending, you need to either kill the zombis or at least get them of the central bit. As for whether John dies at the end (cookie for reference) , he was underground, so, he may have survived. I do wonder about the new survivor he recruited after you left, though.

---
#9Jason Hart MaiviaPosted 3/22/2014 4:35:26 PM
Why was the Prepper against Sondra and others wanting to find a cure to help everyone in the world?
---
Praise Rainbow Mika
NNID: JasonMaivia ; Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii): 0346-6035-0276
#10splodeymissile(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2014 10:48:02 AM
Why was the Prepper against Sondra and others wanting to find a cure to help everyone in the world?

He was under the impression that the panacea didn't even exist and that finding it was a wild goose chase. He also doesn't trust scientists at all, due to them making the plague in the first place. I think it was John Dee's failure to find it, that made him think it was a lost cause. Finally, after being declared insane, he went more than a bit selfish and probably isn't happy that you're not exclusively serving him.
---