Temporary fix for Nintendoland freezing

#1Necris_666Posted 11/19/2012 11:23:39 PM
Hi all, after a fairly epic launch night with NL, I tried playing today only to be hit with constant hard locks. After fiddling around I figured out a temporary fix. Just go into your settings and remove all wifi connections. After doing this I've been hardlock free for about 5 hours now.

I'm guessing the miiverse update is what killed it though, as it updated as soon as we got done playing last night...
---
Check out my Borderlands 2 Trade List: http://tinyurl.com/8cjskjb
EVERY. SINGLE. RARE. ITEM.
#2Jenniferwhite23Posted 11/19/2012 11:57:32 PM
maybe your onto something is there way to just turn it off or you have to actully remove it competly?
#3derr1ck19Posted 11/20/2012 12:14:31 AM
I tried the same thing thinking it was Miiverse integration. No more freezes! Hopefully they patch this soon
#4Jenniferwhite23Posted 11/20/2012 12:23:32 AM
did you turn it off or remove sucks if you have to make new id and all that again later
#5lionheart5656Posted 11/20/2012 12:45:59 AM
You're on to nothing.

Mine locked up twice yesterday and I hadn't even downloaded 30% of the update.

It hasn't locked up since.

The OS is trash. It simply occasionally locks up because it's half baked. They will fix it later.
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#6Necris_666(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 1:18:20 AM
Just tested it again, wifi active: hardlock every 10 minutes or so in Nintendoland. wifi points removed: No hardlocks at all. Cycled through all the minigames just to be sure. So it definitely helps, but I agree it won't solve all your problems if your getting locked up outside of NL (I haven't experienced any yet).
---
Check out my Borderlands 2 Trade List: http://tinyurl.com/8cjskjb
EVERY. SINGLE. RARE. ITEM.
#7NinjaGamer_23Posted 11/20/2012 1:40:44 AM
No wonder why I had freezing issues tonight.

I haven't touched nintendoland since getting the wii u, sunday, I been updating and playing mario and zombiu.
#8lionheart5656Posted 11/20/2012 8:56:07 AM
If that's the case, it probably has to do with the network being completely overloaded right now.

It connects off and on causing your game to crash.

Turning off wifi like you said would be the best bet for a couple of days until they sort things out.
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#9Sonic2ShadowPosted 11/23/2012 2:51:27 AM
Surprised so many people are complaining about freezing, my Wii U hasn't frozen once and I've poured a good 15+ hours into Nintendo Land and tried all the apps aside from Netflix, Hulu and Amazon video. The worst I had was that a youtube video wouldn't play instantly when I clicked it, all I did was push B and select the video again and it was fixed.

Dunno if it's really the updates that's causing this, perhaps it's something else, cause my system's completely updated and working fine since launch day.
---
"Pokemon aren't just things to collect and trade like toys or dolls, you're a monster!" - Misty, Pokemon 2000
#10TheMove2Posted 11/23/2012 3:27:20 PM
Mine froze and buzzed many of times. I decided to open another deluxe and no freezes and i returned the other system. Just alot of bad systems I guess.