anyone have wii u freeze up?

#1darchur007Posted 11/21/2012 9:36:39 PM
Did it twice on Nintendo land.
---
Xbox live combatantdaryl psn:Darylman 3ds fc 0860-3260-4544
#2MichaelollPosted 11/21/2012 9:37:50 PM
why does it matter? every other game/console freezes at one point.

thanks for pointing out the obvious in which this console/game will act like practically every other normal game out there.
#3kitsinisanPosted 11/21/2012 9:37:58 PM
Yup, happens sometimes. Had to pull the plug to shut it down.
#4kitsinisanPosted 11/21/2012 9:41:50 PM
Michaeloll posted...

thanks for pointing out the obvious in which this console/game will act like practically every other normal game out there.

It matters because it happens more than it should. I've never had Arkham City freeze on me, nor Tatsunoko vs Capcom, New Super Mario Bros, Smash Bros, etc. Nintendo land froze on me twice in about 2 hours of gaming. I've read that it's a common enough problem; if I hadn't seen that I'd probably ask the next time it happened thinking it may be a hardware issue. If every other game you have freezes on you, you have problems. Thanks for posting like an ass, always makes me chuckle seeing the level of stupidity that's out there.
#5darchur007(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 9:45:36 PM
Yeah I was just check bugs me but this game is just a blast I love it.
---
#6darchur007(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 9:47:20 PM
Needs an update.
---
#7SocranPosted 11/21/2012 10:02:49 PM
Michaeloll posted...

It matters because he's trying to gather information on the subject to see whether he should clean his disc, try to fix his system, wait for a patch, or just shrug and assume it won't happen again. Jesus Christ, all he did was ask a question, it's not like he said "OMG this game is garbage always freezing Nintendo sucks. WiiU Virtual Boy all over again lol"

Anywho, some people have experienced crashes in the game, but not everyone. I can't say for certain how common it is, but if I were to make an educated guess, I'd say it's less than 10% but more than 3%. That's low enough that it's not "utter failure of the game", but high enough that the cause may be identifiable and could be fixed in a patch. I'm curious as to what would happen if you swapped discs with someone else, though... Just what is the cause of this not-common-but-definitely-there issue?
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#8Jenniferwhite23Posted 11/22/2012 12:18:50 AM
only once so far been freeze free for 2 days now once changed lan to only english in verse and land, or try going offline and not useing wifi
#9_Taidow_Posted 11/22/2012 12:23:47 AM
I haven't had a freeze although I have yet to update due to lack of wireless internet at the moment.
---
Prior GFAQs name: AngelTails
http://i41.tinypic.com/25qvqfd.png - Thanks to Mew_ on Serebii Forums
#10redlaw15Posted 11/22/2012 1:58:34 AM
Mine froze twice today within about an hour of each other. Had to pull the power plug both times since the power button did nothing at that point.

The first happened while playing the crash course. And the second while loading one of the mini-games, I think the animal crossing one. Hasn't happened while playing Darksiders or Mario U so I think the game is to blame not the console.