Pure Platinum in 003-A

#1SBK91Posted 2/13/2014 2:15:35 PM(edited)
Up to the Nyerk/Dahkat fight. Know the Nyerk gets Unite Big Chewgi, having trouble reaching the combo requirement against the Dahkat in the time limit. Falls too fast for the usual sword loops. Any tips?
#2Soniv4Ever10Posted 2/13/2014 9:32:20 PM
Drop a 100 man unite bomb right before it spawns in, the bomb slows down the animation and extends the amount of time you have to hit it before the invincibility kicks in. You have time to do 2 gun stingers to build multiplier before the invincibility kicks in. Once that happens switch to another weapon and do cyclones and risings right on top of it. I don't know why but if you hit an enemy with a rising, stinger, or cyclone while it's in invincibility frames you get 50 points. After the invincibility fades stun it asap then combo it with the sword.

You can still keep it in the air for a long time with the sword, you just have to make sure you're positioned a little bit underneath it while juggling it so that it doesn't fall beneath you. If you mess up you can just call up another sword to bring it back up so you don't drop the combo, but you can't let the last hit of the auto combo connect because it spikes it back to the ground and it takes to long to stun it again and start over.

Do about 3 hits of the sword combo + a cyclone, twice with a small sword then do it again with a large one. Drop a bomb, switch to a large hand, touch the ground then come back up and finish it off
(^ it should still be in midair during all of that, if you drop the combo you're pretty much screwed on time).
---
Sakurai will literally die for SSB4 and when it comes out,fans will gather around his grave and grimly remark "Still not as good as Melee"
#3SBK91(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 10:28:48 PM
OK, I'll give that a shot in the morning. What I was trying was using climbing attacks to stun it immediately out of invincibility, then Hand Rising x2 -> strings before trying to stun it on the ground then building combo with the sword. Made time a non-issue but usually screwed up stunning it for the second time.
#4SBK91(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 4:46:54 PM
Managed to squeeze by. For some reason the Dahkat ended the stun state if I used two Gun Stingers, so equipped Double Power, used one Gun Stinger at the beginning (no Bomb), then two sword loops into Hand to finish, before the run was promptly ruined by the gamepad section. Whose idea was it not to have a checkpoint?
#5Soniv4Ever10Posted 2/14/2014 6:10:27 PM
SBK91 posted...
Managed to squeeze by. For some reason the Dahkat ended the stun state if I used two Gun Stingers, so equipped Double Power, used one Gun Stinger at the beginning (no Bomb), then two sword loops into Hand to finish

I guess I neglected to mention that but it never really bothered me. I used the stingers for the multiplier rather than the stun.

before the run was promptly ruined by the gamepad section. Whose idea was it not to have a checkpoint?

The camera makes navigating the maze a pain in that one
---
Sakurai will literally die for SSB4 and when it comes out,fans will gather around his grave and grimly remark "Still not as good as Melee"
#6megasoniczxxPosted 2/14/2014 10:24:03 PM
I really have to wonder why they don't let the camera go on auto pilot for that maze and just stay centered without input.
---
Time to blast off with sonic speed
3DS FC: 1204-0472-2121